GDT: ECQF: Game 5 - New York Islanders @ Carolina Hurricanes | April 30th | 7:30 PM | F/TBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island

He was a warrior. Time to Bob Hope him and say "Thanks for the memories"

Please forgive me--new toy?
Yeah, next year will be a new guy in line 4 like Chimera or Johnston everyone will be giddy about for a few weeks and then you will be calling for their head a few more weeks later. I have seen this rodeo a few million times.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
And FWIW, it’s been a lot more common to pull this off in the cap era (2 times out of 36 series) than before the cap era (2 times out of 67 years).

It could be that this is just easier in the cap era, or it could be that having it happen twice in 4 years (2010 and 2014) was a total fluke and we’re not due for another for a very long time.
i feel like back in the day it would be like the 1977 montreal canadiens against a team that had a losing record lol. that series wasnt going past 4.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I didn't even realize the game had started and it's 2-0 already? Did the Isles realize the game has started?

Oh, apparently they just figured it out!

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Yeah, next year will be a new guy in line 4 like Chimera or Johnston everyone will be giddy about for a few weeks and then you will be calling for their head a few more weeks later. I have seen this rodeo a few million times.
I'm not a guy who does such the accused. In fact I haven't posted on Isles board in over a year

My philosophy is simple. I don't get giddy or sad over guys making millions when I'm making thousands AND I got my 4 cups

I do like injecting some tongue in cheek humor and probably called for Martin's resignation a couple of years ago

I'll go on record as saying I'd like to see Cal back. He's still good at what he does and his hits cause turnovers

I'd also like to see Wahlstrom on a 4th line. He likes to hit, sticks up for his mates and in a limited bottom 6 role with an equitable price tag might be effective

Aside from all that, if the guy replacing Martin sucks, that doesn't make Martin suck any less at this point in the trek

Reactions: Tahoeblue
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad