ECQF Game 5 | Hurricanes @ Capitals | 8PM | NBCSN,SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
This is as good a response the Caps could have had after that road trip. They should know better than to get intimidated by yelling fans by now lol

Reactions: missionAvs

Uncle Lou

Jun 20, 2010
New York
usually happens when a series against the caps drags on. We saw it last year as well. Both tampa and the pens refused to hit after about game 5.
Isles will hit...as an isles fan obviously hope it goes 7 but I think caps win the Next game. But these playoffs have been nuts so we will see. Good statement win by the caps.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
So did CBJ, Pittsburgh, lightning, and vegas.
I don't think you can apply other teams to each other in this regard.

It's obvious to me at least that Carolina utilizes its home crowd advantage pretty well, like the NYI do. I'm not saying that Caps can't win, but it won't be easy and the Hurricanes won't come out deflated because of this loss tonight.

Reactions: Tryamw

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
The trend so far. The road team has NEVER led. The home team has won every game. Historically when the home team wins the first 5 it tends to go 7.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Caps won all 4 series last year on the road in the first game they had a chance to close the other team out. not saying it'll happen again, but this team has shown the ability to finish off an opponent when they have the opportunity.
Right, I didn't say that the Canes were guaranteed to win, but I implied that they won't come out deflated from game 5 with the home crowd behind them.

GoCanes2015

Oct 14, 2017
Canes looked gobsmacked after about 10 minutes. Their lack of depth due to injury really showed tonight. They iced about 1 line and it wasn't their "top" line (again). They were clearly FAR out of sync. I don't think I heard Sarela's name once, Staal maybe twice. Aho is playing hurt or something weird. Nino has been absent for a couple of weeks too. Williams was nowhere. Mrazek got hung out to dry. All in all an awful game for the Canes. They can only hope the black jersey luck is with them on Monday. This was a smackdown. TVR was the Canes best player tonight by a long shot, and that says a lot about how they played.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Isles will hit...as an isles fan obviously hope it goes 7 but I think caps win the Next game. But these playoffs have been nuts so we will see. Good statement win by the caps.

Isles have to hope Caps simply run out of gas. It doesn’t always happen but sometimes a team who won the cup the previous year gets through round 1 okay and just falls apart after that. I’ve seen it a boatload of times. It seems round 2 is the tough series for them. If they get past that they usually can repeat or at least make the final

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
From 08/09 - 17/18 (10 years), 12 series saw the home team win the first 5 games of a series. 6 of those 12 saw the home team win again in Game 6.

Interestingly, the road team ended up winning Game 7 in 4 of those 6 series.

Reactions: troyerlaw

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Bad news for Canes...two series in history where home team won first 6 and road team won 7. One of them had to go to OT. Good news...history can be changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad