Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 5 - BACK TO TORONTO - Leafs 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT - Boston leads series 3-2

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
It’s cliche crap. Leafs didn’t play with desperation at all. They played like the inevitable was going to happen and the Bruins said “nah, don’t feel like it tonight”

Completely agree

Leafs came out with 0 physicality and looked like shit. Boston decided to match it and one up them, looked incredibly slow with no urgency or execution at all. That first period looked like a run of the mill game 50 in Anaheim.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
What’s he talking about? The Leafs didn’t look great. I think we lost this game more than they won it.

I really wish Monty would rip into them. Maybe he does behind closed doors. Either way he has to get them game 4 like ready for Thursday night.
He does that absolutely ridiculous cheerleading thing before the game in the locker room where he has someone read the lineup. It's so high school.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Maybe not mess with things after winning 2 big games in Toronto .
1714531682915.jpeg

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
If they blow another 3-1 lead, I think we all have to admit something is rotten with the leadership on the team.

Way too many playoff no shows in big games to not give that serious thought.

Luckily they aren’t losing the series
you gotta be kidding.
pasta and zacha have been invisible. coach is making weird lineup changes.
when they lose thursday, there is no way anyone can be confident in this bruins group winning a game 7 on home ice.
they will come out flatter than today.

Reactions: Gordoff

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012
Montgomery out coaching himself again. Just absolutely horrible effort all around besides Swayman. Unacceptable. Terrible passing and constantly hemmed in by a Matthewsless Leafs team.

Now Carlo’s hurt and we’re stuck with a “now what” dilemma because we just HAD to f*** with what was working. It’s so hard to accept the same mistake year after year. Atleast Swayman isn’t hurt.

That was the most aggravating game I’ve watched in awhile. Is there a point to playing game 6? We all know it’s going 7 let’s just get on with it.

And Mr. Jacobs can we please for the love of God get a decent refrigeration system. I’m so sick of watching my team play on slush when it matters. Holy f***

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
nope.....but close

Monty cannot help himself. His ego has him thinking he plays a big role in each game. Sabotaging is what he does.
Winning line up on the road and comes home up 3-1 . Don't change a frigging thing! Learned nothing from last season.
Over coaches like no coach I've ever seen.

Game 7 Saturday

I'm not going to pile on.

But it's safe to say Montgomery overthinks. In doing so, he creates unnecessary problems for himself and his team.

We will see what kind of coach he is in short order.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
My dislike of Monty is now through the roof after his disastrous coaching job last year with a once in a lifetime team and now he literally did everything he could to increase the Leafs chances of winning with his bone headed changes. If he blows this he had better be shown the door ASAP, it probably comes down to game 6 because we all know the Bruins likely lose game 7 in Boston where they absolutely suck.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I’ve never seen a team lose so many pucks just casually stickhandling, or throw so many passes into skates, overskate a loose puck or pass by multiple strides, or having so many pucks hop sticks. Their puck management tonight was high school ugly. That’s not an exaggeration.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
The cliche stuff about Toronto wanting it more is hilarious. They looked like they were waiting for the other shoe to drop all game and for Boston to just take over.

I feel very confident saying if you inserted almost any other team from the playoffs against Toronto tonight, the leafs would have lost by 3-4 goals.
The whole team needs their T levels checked or a sports psychologist to figure out why they forget how to play hockey in any game that has meaning. Top guys turn into AHL scrubs for the 2nd year in a row it’s odd, or is it the 3rd? Grown men in their prime should have higher compete levels.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
He does that absolutely ridiculous cheerleading thing before the game in the locker room where he has someone read the lineup. It's so high school.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure every team does that.

These guys literally play sports for a job. They're going to keep doing things that you and I stopped doing once we realized we weren't going pro some time in middle school.

Reactions: BTO

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
The Bruins never win game 5. Especially at home. Of all the shit that has come and gone in the last 15-20 years this feels like a constant. I thought the law of averages would take over at some point. The beat goes on. If Swayman comes out, Monty should be fired on the spot.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Toronto played a good first period but they were ripe for the picking after that. The Bruins just decided to crap themselves. Can we fire Monty mid series? He sabotages this team with his braindead moves.
Butch Goring,
Stevie Kasper,
Robbie Ftorek,
Dave Lewis ummmm who's next in this list of
coaching stinkage?

Reactions: SonnyBoy

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
As a Habs fan that can't stand the leafs and their media. It's probably better that Monty gives away another series.
The Panthers will mop up the ice with the leafs and end their season in much more enjoyable fashion.
The Bruins win or lose have already made the leafs look way better than they are.
These two wins probably saved Keefe and Shanahans jobs for another 5 years. If they gofd forbid won a game 7 ....statues will be built, books written.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
The Bruins came to the ice at home, with their fans in the stands, winning the series 3-1 and proceeded to play the first two periods very uptight. What is that about?

What happens when they touch the ice in Toronto and things are reversed?

Are we heading home for a game 7?
I can't figure it out. And I've seen it how many times now? Why are they so nervous? Just go out and f*****g play!

Reactions: Mione134

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad