Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 5 - BACK TO TORONTO - Leafs 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT - Boston leads series 3-2

The Murph

Feb 25, 2018
Why? What has this current team ever shown you that makes you think they can close out a series?

Very good chance they can and will. If Bruins were down 3-1 and won game 5, people would be hanging on saying this team could pull it off, "it's the Leafs". But lose the last game still being up 3-2, oh no this team is trash, no heart, can't finish a series.

Get it, the loss is fresh as can be, but they still most likely beat the Leafs.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Bruins are really playing with fire, giving Mathews a chance to come back in the series. You can hold him down for a while but if he gets open he can pot a few in no time.

If Bruins lose game 6 well their is no way I am watching game 7.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
For some reason I have two people in mind when I want to place blame. Montgomery and Coyle. Do you think I am wrong? Do you want to pick one?

Babajingo

Gryz did what he needed to do. Not sure what else he could have done? Mac and Coyle not paying attention didn't help
He tried to pinch him at the blue line (half ass attempt). Then he couldn't muscle Tavares away from the crease. Have to guide him behind the net.

Keep the player on the perimeter. It's D 101. He can't do it.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Very good chance they can and will. If Bruins were down 3-1 and won game 5, people would be hanging on saying this team could pull it off, "it's the Leafs". But lose the last game still being up 3-2, oh no this team is trash, no heart, can't finish a series.

Get it, the lose is fresh as can be, but they still most likely beat the Leafs.
But the question hasn’t been answered. What have they shown that makes you think they will win this?

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
McAvoy in particular, for an Assistant Captain hasn't raised his level of play in the last couple of years. Tonight he was unhinged IMO. No excuses either because he had his binky from BU with him.

Mid-way through the 3rd period McAvoy carried the puck on his fore-hand around the back of the Leafs net, and when he got to the other side there was a crystal clear lane to just change direction quick and drive the the net with the puck and would of been great scoring chance instead he passes the puck back to the point (I can't remember who the D was he passed too). Point being it was maddening perimeter play just get the puck to the net.

Reactions: BTO and Gordoff

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Every time the Maroon line was on the ice, the puck would just get thrown around the boards endlessly in the offensive zone until they lost possession. This happened over and over and over again. It's like they were all daring one another to actually try to and create a real scoring chance.

Not a single line was in sync. It's almost like the lineup shouldn't have been tampered with.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
But the question hasn’t been answered. What have they shown that makes you think they will win this?

See games 1, 3, and 4.

I'm not guaranteeing anything. But they obviously CAN with this. What we saw tonight is far below what they've shown they can do this series. And they've certainly been able to finish off Toronto many times in the recent past despite nearly choking it away.

Reactions: bergeronsboys

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad