Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 5 - BACK TO TORONTO - Leafs 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT - Boston leads series 3-2

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
It is kind of amazing that it's the same every year now. I had hope this year would be different but alas no, same same.
I'm so tired of Mr. Inconsistent Jake DeBrusk. Leaf fans have been talking about how their big names haven't been very good, neither have ours. Zacha and Pasternak not getting it done. Without those 3 there's not a lot of offense left.
Why Monty played Brazzeau is beyond me. Beecher was better.

Amazing how we've become a team that can't win face offs either.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Both teams played like garbage, but it's aggravating that the Bruins came into this game knowing they can end this series and play the way they did.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
One more thing before I leave to preserve my sanity.

I don't trust Pastrnak to be an impact player in any sort of playoff run. Even when he puts in the work, he gets his ass absolutely kicked physically and struggles. The rest of the time he's a non-factor.

I wish he was a bigger part of this series. Not having him perform like a star just adds weight to others.
He can be part of a stanley cup winner, but it will never be on his back. He is an excellent complimentary part, but go to leader? Nope.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Just watched the GWG goal again. Yes Gryz gets outmuscled by Tavares too easily, but you also have McAvoy and Coyle both drifting in towards the net with their backs completely to the open ice, guarding nothing but space. Fair enough for one to be covering the low slot, but both is blown coverage and bad communication. And just before that you have a cross-ice pass from Coyle to Marchand that fails to connect under zero pressure, and the same two forwards both blew good chances to score earlier in the period.

Not trying to cover for Gryz - his substandard playoff record is well-established. More to make the point that there's plenty of blame to go around. Too many guys, from the top down, not thinking clearly and making avoidable mistakes. The mental issues are collective.
McAvoy in particular, for an Assistant Captain hasn't raised his level of play in the last couple of years. Tonight he was unhinged IMO. No excuses either because he had his binky from BU with him.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Hooked enough to the hands to disrupt a high danger scoring chance. Kozari had best be done for the season.

As terrible as officiating was tonight, including the officials deflecting pucks and running interference multiple times, it was at least #5 on the list of reasons for the loss.

Montgomery.
The ice.
Gryz/Montgomery.
Faceoffs/Montgomery
Low effort the first half of the game.
Maroon/4th line/Montgomery.
All ahead.
Every year we blame the ice ,if the ice is crap you simply you’re game you get shots and lots of traffic,Bruins did neither.

DoubleBack

Apr 29, 2024
Let's be honest. Are the Bruins really any better than the Leafs? They've won what, one playoff series since 2019? The streak may not be as long, but in that time the Leafs have won a single series also.

This game for me was a milepost, I wanted to see if they had anything in the tank, that they could turn it on and take care of business. They couldn't.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
the trick to beating the bruins is scratching your best player and starting your worst goalie, the B’s are such great guys they will self handicap to make it interesting like losing a 95% of the faceoffs against a winger or making sure to keep all shots to a minimum and at the goalies pads.

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
Rest Sway for Game 7.

It won't matter cuz if the Leafs get even marginal NHL goaltending, they cruise to victory.

Silver platter. Golden opportunity. At home.

More I think about it, one of these teams will score an own goal in OT in Game 7.

• Haha
Reactions: Tarmore

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
Don't worry guys, Monty will insert Forbort next game on the wing with Brazeau and Patty, they'll be skating circles around the leafs dmen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad