Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 5 - BACK TO TORONTO - Leafs 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT - Boston leads series 3-2

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
f*** Kozari. Marchand was held.
Hooked enough to the hands to disrupt a high danger scoring chance. Kozari had best be done for the season.

As terrible as officiating was tonight, including the officials deflecting pucks and running interference multiple times, it was at least #5 on the list of reasons for the loss.

Montgomery.
The ice.
Gryz/Montgomery.
Faceoffs/Montgomery
Low effort the first half of the game.
Maroon/4th line/Montgomery.
All ahead.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Beecher not only scored this playoffs he plays with speed, is more physical, and wins face-offs?

Way too many turtles inserted in this line up. One of Brazeau, Maroon, or JVR not ALL 3!

Hate to see it but the leafs were the deserving team. Good job bruins giving Woll and leaves life!
That's what gets me. I can see one, maybe even two, but in a game where speed is a weapon all three ?? Monty decides to dress three of the slowest guys in the league, in a clincher. Your not getting much of a forecheck going with those guys on the ice. Just a terrible decision ! He for someone reason wants to be major factor and show the hockey world just how smart he is, well he's doing just the opposite unfortunately!

Why any changes at all, after going into Toronto and coming away with a pair of wins?!?!

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
Just watched the GWG goal again. Yes Gryz gets outmuscled by Tavares too easily, but you also have McAvoy and Coyle both drifting in towards the net with their backs completely to the open ice, guarding nothing but space. Fair enough for one to be covering the low slot, but both is blown coverage and bad communication. And just before that you have a cross-ice pass from Coyle to Marchand that fails to connect under zero pressure, and the same two forwards both blew good chances to score earlier in the period.

Not trying to cover for Gryz - his substandard playoff record is well-established. More to make the point that there's plenty of blame to go around. Too many guys, from the top down, not thinking clearly and making avoidable mistakes. The mental issues are collective.
That was pee wee hockey. 3 guys staring at the puck, two of whom should have been covering the slot.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Don't do this to me again Bruins. Do not let some unproven goalie step in midway through and turn a playoff series against you on its head.

Now all of a sudden, Carlo is questionable, we literally have no idea who is starting Game 6, and the world's best goal scorer MIGHT be back in the Leaf line-up for Game 6.

Go into Toronto, load up your top 9 (and especially top 6). Put Pasta back with Marchand. Load up your Top 4 D with your 4 best defensive D-men. This isn't charity. Limit the 4th line whoever it is. Limit the 3rd pairs exposure. Lean on your best players, play them more, put the pedal down and win a playoff hockey game and get this over with.

And win a face-off. When Max Domi is eating you alive in the dot. Why was Beecher scratched?

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
One more thing before I leave to preserve my sanity.

I don't trust Pastrnak to be an impact player in any sort of playoff run. Even when he puts in the work, he gets his ass absolutely kicked physically and struggles. The rest of the time he's a non-factor.

I wish he was a bigger part of this series. Not having him perform like a star just adds weight to others.
He’s getting manhandled like vs the Blues in 2019. He gets too fancy and this time of the year it stands out, he needs to be our go to guy in game 6. Overdue

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
The Leafs were so frustrated with themselves after game 4. They were imploding.

I really hate feeling that has at least somewhat slipped away.
Yep, they didnt play desperate tonight at all. They were waiting to lose, and the Bruins hand them a vicotry. NOW they have belief especially if they get Matthews back. It was a huge missed opportunity.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Well that was a disappointing game

And idk Monty much… but I assume he’s about to throw ullmark in which would be a mistake imo.

Reactions: Carl Hungus

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Get up 3-1, think the series is over, f*** around, Game 7 Overtime, repeat.

So sick of the lack of killer instinct on this team. Did you not learn your lesson last year when you took your foot off the gas?
Starts with coach changing things.Cassidy better coach & was run out of here so what's good for goose should be good for gander.I dare him to lose this series.

Reactions: JOKER 192

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
We didnt lose because of monty . We lost because jake couldn't bury A elite chances . He had 2 of them.

Seriously, c'mon Don, take off your Monty colored glasses. His changes to a winning lineup were horrific and he didn't have this team ready to play at all. Too bad the Bruins couldn't fire him immediately after the game, it would greatly increase our chances of winning.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Why the f*** couldnt they just come out big and confident in the 1st? wtf was that period, one of the worst ive ever seen. Gave the leafs so much life.
Yeah, might have been the worst period I've ever seen them play. Like ever. And we still could've won it in OT. But, alas, we didn't. So go win Game 6 instead. Go Bruins!!!!

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
And counting is right.

Really wanted to be done with this shit.

Anyone think the Bruins are winning next game? I can't imagine it.
Winning next game is their best chance to win this series, because I have zero faith they will win a game 7 in Boston

..if they do lose this series, they may as well change their name to the Boston Chokers

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Seriously, c'mon Don, take off your Monty colored glasses. His changes to a winning lineup were horrific and he didn't have this team ready to play at all. Too bad the Bruins couldn't fire him immediately after the game, it would greatly increase our chances of winning.
Yea but he has up 3 to 2 too. Let's see the final result.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad