GDT: ECQF GAME 5 4/30 7:11 PM - Jack Edwards’ final home game broadcast - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - B's lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
It was a deflection iff a skate!!!
And Benoit threw it up without looking cause he was pressured hard. And it hit Maroons skate because he was also pressuring hard. Don’t know why I have to explain this, forechecks are designed to cause turnovers and did exactly that on that play.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
hats-off-bow-j0h4se6ps3u0dz51.webp

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
And Benoit threw it up without looking cause he was pressured hard. And it hit Maroons skate because he was also pressuring hard. Don’t know why I have to explain this, forechecks are designed to cause turnovers and did exactly that on that play.
Exactly.
You have more patience than I do.
Cheers

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
If you come into the first intermission with .500 goaltending and the game is tied, that's a great period.

Can't imagine there's many games where a goalie has a .500 save percentage playing for an entire period and the team isn't down.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
1 goal, 3 assists through 4.333 games.
Fair enough, though 4 games being a small sample size isn’t the same as ppg over a larger streak you know what I mean? I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets another short deal, or maybe a team does the new super long, super cheap thing we’ve seen with depth the last couple years

I really haven’t felt him much this series, it’s been uneven to say the least

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Bruins played like a bunch a trash cans

Then again, if the roles were reversed, I’d be extremely nervous watching my team dominate like that yet the score is tied 1-1 off 2 shots against.
That’s the thing a period is a period, and you’d rather be the stellar defensive team plying that bad than the normally offensive team trying to weather the storm

Leafs were bound to play some good hockey at some point, hopefully the Bruins wake up but they could probably sleep walk and still win

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Fair enough, though 4 games being a small sample size isn’t the same as ppg over a larger streak you know what I mean? I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets another short deal, or maybe a team does the new super long, super cheap thing we’ve seen with depth the last couple years

I really haven’t felt him much this series, it’s been uneven to say the least
Depends what he's after. You can see the contracts the Wings were passing out to Mid-Tier Players the last couple offseasons to get a feel for what he could command if he's not too picky.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Forechecking doesn’t automatically create a deflected puck that lands perfectly for your teammate unmarked in front of goal. So, yes, fluke.
Forechecks are designed to cause turnovers. It doesn’t do it everytime, but if it does that’s a feather in the cap for the forechecking team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad