BRUINS GDT ECQF GAME 5 4/30 7:11 PM - Jack Edwards’ final home game broadcast - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - B's lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
The PK without Forbort is 10 for 11. Why roll him out at 5v5 to put him on a unit that’s been dominant?
Gives Monty an option if one of Lindholm, Carlo, and McAvoy are in the box. Wotherspoon has done well there too. I'd rather Monty not overthink and break what's not broken, and I agree that I would rather see Shattenkirk than Grzelcyk.

EDIT: For 5 on 5, Monty has the last change so he can put Forbort in a position that won't hurt the team. Looks like Grzelcyk may be in anyways according to Fluto.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
The PK without Forbort is 10 for 11. Why roll him out at 5v5 to put him on a unit that’s been dominant?
Because the playoffs are grueling and bruin top D can't sustain playing ongoing big minutes.

Play your best PK defender and reduce PK time for the other D. Forbs needs to slot in at some point...this is the opportune time.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
It did, but I feel like the caliber of players might be a little different.
Sorry, should have read the room and used an emoji......:laugh: Was just having some fun.

That said, if our biggest challenge going into tonight is that Forbert might replace Shattenkirk things aren't too bad.

We don't know who is dinged up, who is not, or anything, and at the end of the day this is not a big deal in my book.

Edit: f***....... Just read that Gryz might be back in. If so, ignore everything I said and accept my apologies. Monty going 8D chess unless we have real injuries....

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff and HustleB

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
It's a stupid game 5 lineup move again - when we're dominating them, we're going to put a previously injured player into the lineup in an elimination game. Again.

And he's not underrated. He's just not good is all.
Monty has made the right choices so far. Removing Gryz, giving Wotherspoon the trust he has earned. Folding in Lohrei has been dicey at times but worth it in the end?

Shatty on the Pk is not ideal…Forbort really helps there. It shouldn’t be that much of a concern, right?

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Sorry, should have read the room and used an emoji......:laugh: Was just having some fun.

That said, if our biggest challenge going into tonight is that Forbert might replace Shattenkirk things aren't too bad.

We don't know who is dinged up, who is not, or anything, and at the end of the day this is not a big deal in my book.

No worries. I just can't get the last game 5 out of my mind...

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Monty has made the right choices so far. Removing Gryz, giving Wotherspoon the trust he has earned. Folding in Lohrei has been dicey at times but worth it in the end?

Shatty on the Pk is not ideal…Forbort really helps there. It shouldn’t be that much of a concern, right?
Now that it looks like it’s Grizz and not Forbort do you feel the same way?

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
The PK is 13 for 14 this series! Why on earth would you want to mess with that!?
This answer applies to a few responses.

I would not make any change. I am trying to find a reason why. I have read a few posts referencing a possible injury and I think that is far more likely then my first thought. Or the gamesmanship idea.

I wouldn't like this decision unless it were a new injury/illness. I would rather roll with what he had. I'll be rooting either way and I am not looking to get on Montgomery or anyone else. As a whole I just trust they have more information then I have and the private side of things explains what I cannot.

Reactions: Gordoff

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I don't mind the lineup changes. Bruins have always been about next man up and being prepared. If they have depth, it's the time of year to use it, especially if there's some guys dealing with injuries that can use the extra rest. Monty might also be hedging his bets that the boys get it done tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad