GDT: ECQF Game 4 - New York Rangers @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 7pm EST, MSG, ESPN - Series (PIT 2-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
I love all these pundits who seem to enjoy the Rangers woes but as soon as they’re back on top of the league they’ll be up our ass about how good it is for the game and how it’s a better NHL

Pittsburgh and Edmonton hoard 1st overall picks for years.

*Crickets*

Rangers get only their second 1st in franchise history

*IT'S NEW YORK BIAS!! RABBLE, RABBLE, RABBLE!!*

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I just think we need two centers at least and I don’t see the value in trying to overpay for a 27 year old. I think you’ve either gotta steal one in the draft, and you help yourself by moving up, and/or trade for a guy like Wyatt Johnston out of Dallas, someone in that Tier who isn’t too far away but you can swap with a team who wants something else you have.

I don’t think you need to trade every veteran just to move them out but I do think you need to fill your future holes with precedence over making runs now, because as we see the “now” is no good.
Unless you're picking at the very top in a great draft and everything goes right, most help from the draft is years away.

We're not a position to wait years as an organization. We've turned that corner.

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
You know who would be great for this team? Jonathan Toews. Dude is a great captain and would be an immense upgrade over Strome.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Honestly, I expected more than this but my expectations of a group of players with nearly zero playoff experience, a ton of players under 25, and their first trip to the dance in 5 years wasn't very high. Hopefully they can elevate and get past the rattles and make a series of it.

I actually had high expectations in this series. You have what will be a Vezina winner in net, a Norris winner who put up over 70 points, a 1C who was a point per game with over 80 points, a 96 point winger who would have scored 100+ if he played every game, a 52 goal winger who also scored over 70 points, and then depth players added like Copp, Vatrano who both finished with close to 20 goals, Lafreniere who finished close to 20 goals, etc.

This was their best team in a LONG time. I did not expect them to lose to an older Penguins team with their 3rd string goalie in net. If this was happening against the Hurricanes, Leafs or Lightning? Id be okay with it. Thats not the case though.

Reactions: bl02
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad