GDT: ECQF Game 4 - New York Rangers @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 7pm EST, MSG, ESPN - Series (PIT 2-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
864E778F-7084-467B-A9BE-5B2CA617F07E.jpeg

50CA35B0-845E-4123-97BF-A61757A23BFB.jpeg

(M2)New York Rangers @ (M3)Pittsburgh Penguins

Rangers: 52-24-6, 110 points - Penguins: 46-25-11, 103 points

Season series: NYR 3-1-0; PIT 1-3-0

Rangers Projected line up

Chris Kreider -- Mika Zibanejad -- Frank Vatrano
Artemi Panarin -- Ryan Strome -- Andrew Copp
Alexis Lafreniere -- Filip Chytil -- Kaapo Kakko
Dryden Hunt -- Kevin Rooney -- Ryan Reaves

Justin Braun -- Adam Fox
K'Andre Miller -- Jacob Trouba
Patrik Nemeth -- Braden Schneider

Igor Shesterkin
Alexandar Georgiev

Scratched: Libor Hajek, Jonny Brodzinski, Julien Gauthier, Greg McKegg, ,
Injured: Tyler Motte (upper body), Barclay Goodrow (Lower body, likely out rest of series)

Penguins Projected Line up

Jake Guentzel -- Sidney Crosby -- Bryan Rust
Danton Heinen -- Evgeni Malkin -- Kasperi Kapanen
Jason Zucker -- Jeff Carter -- Brock McGinn
Brian Boyle -- Teddy Blueger -- Evan Rodrigues

Mike Matheson -- Kris Letang
Marcus Pettersson -- John Marino
Mark Friedman --
Chad Ruhwedel

Louis Domingue
Alex D’Orio

Injured: Tristan Jarry (lower body, Nathan Beaulieu (lower body),Rickard Rakell(upper body), Brian Dumoulin (Lower body), Casey DeSmith (Out for Season)

New York Rangers
“No Quit in NY”

Never give up, Never Surrender!

E4076750-E187-4B93-A483-CAC4E35F9C28.gif

00C85CD0-039B-4D67-9CB5-F5EE9CE40B50.jpeg

Rangers Savior…
992265BF-24F2-48D3-A1B8-0C4420D285E1.jpeg

F2674E71-3F4F-4CDD-A7D4-B282B2CADC76.gif

Score more goals than Pittsburgh…
C7037DF9-60A5-4F1E-AB5B-7952A35DA423.gif

Let’s Go Rangers!!!

42D83FA4-457E-44F7-A8DE-A6867426BD00.gif

Last edited:

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
If Lindgren is still out, Jones needs to be in the lineup over Nemeth. I'd even grudgingly take Hajek.

I haven't felt this upset at a player's presence in a long time. Every time the guy is out there, I want to throw something at the TV. He's a penalty machine, is constantly getting beat positionally, and just processes the game incredibly slowly. And the shit cherry on top of the shit sundae was the own goal he banked in last game that kicked off that nightmare of a period. Why is he even trying to hug the post like that? There would have been nothing to shoot at if he had just played it positionally like any other player would have. It boggles my mind.

It's not like he's a banger, either, so I can't really see why Gallant would be reticent to use Jones over him.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
We have been the better team in all 3 games. We were jobbed in Game 1 based on the subsequent Goalie Interference reviews that have gone the way of the team that scored since, its really not debatable at this point. In Game 3, a lack of playoff experience hurt us because we were blitzed early and it snowballed, but battling back showed me a lot.

All year we've responded after a loss, and I expect we will again tonight. LGR.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
We need Igor to step up. He was great in Games 1 & 2 but now our backs are against a wall and we need a win in enemy territory. I have heard some people anoint him better than Lundqvist, and its possible that one day that may be true, but right now he needs to show us why.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
If Lindgren is still out, Jones needs to be in the lineup over Nemeth. I'd even grudgingly take Hajek.

I haven't felt this upset at a player's presence in a long time. Every time the guy is out there, I want to throw something at the TV. He's a penalty machine, is constantly getting beat positionally, and just processes the game incredibly slowly. And the shit cherry on top of the shit sundae was the own goal he banked in last game that kicked off that nightmare of a period. Why is he even trying to hug the post like that? There would have been nothing to shoot at if he had just played it positionally like any other player would have. It boggles my mind.

It's not like he's a banger, either, so I can't really see why Gallant would be reticent to use Jones over him.

Just play four defenseman. Fox Trouba Braun Miller. Five if Lindgren plays. Schneider/Nemeth/Hajek etc. do not need to get any shifts. They can handle it for a game or two. Schneider has this odd reputation of being good when he has some of the worst results on the team both in the regular season and playoffs so far. He’s not ready for this role and is a liability.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta

Ya know, could be just my perception but it certainly seems like for a slow guy, Nemeth is sure pinching down in the O zone way too much. I'd be ok with Jones but I doubt we see it.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Hit Crosby less
Crosby is insanely tough to move. Unless you catch him when he's not looking, he will likely outmuscle you.

Just play four defenseman. Fox Trouba Braun Miller. Five if Lindgren plays. Schneider/Nemeth/Hajek etc. do not need to get any shifts. They can handle it for a game or two. Schneider has this odd reputation of being good when he has some of the worst results on the team both in the regular season and playoffs so far. He’s not ready for this role and is a liability.
Hopefully, you're kidding.

Reactions: CasusBelli
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad