Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 4 - BRUINS head home with a 3-1 series lead.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Shatty has played very little on the PP in this series.

Bruins have 6 PP goals, no points from Shatty.

He’s 2nd among defenders in power play time for the bruins

I think of it this way.

Spoon is keeping Gryz/Lohrei out of the lineup.
Forbort is keeping Gryz/Lohrei out of the lineup.
Peeke would keep Shattenkirk out.

McAvoy and Lindholm get PP.

Forbort, Peeke, McAvoy and Carlo get PK. Spoon could slip in also.

Even strength
McAvoy plays with all the left D.
Carlo plays with Lindholm always.
Peeke tends to play with Forbort or Spoon.
A left D never plays with a right D, and Vice versa

The Bs really don’t stick to strict pairs. A lot of the minutes relate to how the coaches feel someone is playing that night.

I don’t see Lohrei on special teams. Spoon can at least PK.

I don’t think they can have gryz, shattenkirk and lohrei all out of the lineup. They’d be stuck with too many defenders that don’t move the puck well on the back end.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Our bottom 6 are playing flawless hockey.
Fredric is tied for second in +\- in the league.
Boqvist is maturing and making smart plays and it was great to see JVR nicely tuck one home.

The PP and the PK are leaving me speechless.

Everything we're doing the Leafs aren't. What's leading the charge? Our leadership. Our Captain. He's vocal, he's controversial, he contributes.
I'd puke if we had an unemotional doorknob like Tavares as our Captain.
Lets not put all Tavares, sometimes you need the right players to lead, there are some who do not want to be lead..............

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
He’s 2nd among defenders in power play time for the bruins

I don’t think they can have gryz, shattenkirk and lohrei all out of the lineup. They’d be stuck with too many defenders that don’t move the puck well on the back end.
Just my opinion but all the defensemen make that pass these days.

Reactions: Gordoff

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Kind of wish the game 5 was in Toronto again,is that wrong of me.
Well if the Bruins got a early lead up there you would not be ,and it would be a lot fun watching the Maple Leaf fans , or should I say listen too them.

Last edited:

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Well if the Bruins got an early lead up there it would not be ,and it would be a lot fun watching the Maple Leaf fans , or should I say liten too them.
Bruins have just done so much better on the road lately in the playoffs.Well for awhile actually.

We will win this series in 7, like we always do against Toronto. Everyone should start mentally preparing themselves for that....

Its the Bruins. We never do things the easy way against Toronto.
I hope they don’t go down that road again the law of averages will eventually change.Just finish them Tuesday.

Reactions: Gordoff and sarge88

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
Really hope they are able to close out in 5. So many things can change momentum the more games you have to play (injuries, illness, other team gaining confidence, suspensions…. Please win on Tuesday)!!

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I hope they don’t go down that road again the law of averages will eventually change.Just finish them Tuesday.
Oh, I hope they end it early too. However I'm not counting on it.

Toronto comes out blazing in Game 5, we lose a close Game 6 (probably in OT), and then Toronto folds in Game 7, like they always do.....

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Just my opinion but all the defensemen make that pass these days.

We just saw Peeke two weeks ago terribly miss a pass while attempting to leave the defensive zone that lead the the Michigan goal that was scored against us.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
For our awesome STHs here, I want them to see the handshake line on Tuesday. Let's break the nonsense of not being able to close out a series. It is time for that to change. Our Bruins are getting nice breaks between games, it is an advantage to them I believe.

Whatever is ailing the Leafs (Matthews, Nylander), we don't want to be close to them any longer than needed. Keep those cooties away!!

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
The Leafs' downfall can be traced to a decision not to lock up the rights to a young boy in Parry Sound thinking he was too small for the NHL.
The Leafs would've had a very different future from 1966-67 onward if they would've signed Bobby Orr

..and I'm guessing that quite a few older Bruins fans might've become Leafs fans if #4 was wearing blue & white instead of black & gold ...(including me)

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Thankfully that didn't happen, very glad about that!.
Me too

I probably would've cheered for Toronto if Mr. Orr ended up there, but I highly doubt I would've cheered for the habs if they would've signed him

Our family hated the habs back then (and still do), and my Father would've forbidden it:laugh:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Don't know if anyone in here's heard of udio but its an AI music generator that is ridiculous

put in a prompt about Marchand owning the leafs and a style for the song- tweaked it a bit and 3 minutes later. . . ta da

Wow, that's almost scary.

• Wow
Reactions: caz16

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
The series is over. They won’t lose Tuesday. They are in TO’s heads in so many ways: strong PK, stronger PP, better layers in our zone to quote Brickley, Marchand driving them nuts, unable to score on Swayman, taking dump penalties and lastly TO unable to score at all….8 goals in 4 games. That’s the last issue I thought TO would have is scoring goals but I thought at the start of the series it would be our goalies vs their forwards when you get right down to it. Lastly many of the moves Monty made after game 2 paid off like running with Swayman last night and with the D pairings. Lastly they learnt from LY. Don’t think they didn’t. Now they are in a position for the kill and they will do it. TO will give all they have I’m sure but it won’t work. Anytime you see guys - especially your top forwards - arguing on the bench and throwing stuff (Marner & his gloves) you know a team is in trouble. TO cannot suddenly fix their bad D or goaltenders, or get injured guys to play at 100%, etc. I expect more of what we saw last night from the Bruins in game 5.

What fun time to be a Bruins fan eh????

Let’s go Bruins!!!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The series is over. They won’t lose Tuesday. They are in TO’s heads in so many ways: strong PK, stronger PP, better layers in our zone to quote Brickley, Marchand driving them nuts, unable to score on Swayman, taking dump penalties and lastly TO unable to score at all….8 goals in 4 games. That’s the last issue I thought TO would have is scoring goals but I thought at the start of the series it would be our goalies vs their forwards when you get right down to it. Lastly many of the moves Monty made after game 2 paid off like running with Swayman last night and with the D pairings. Lastly they learnt from LY. Don’t think they didn’t. Now they are in a position for the kill and they will do it. TO will give all they have I’m sure but it won’t work. Anytime you see guys - especially your top forwards - arguing on the bench and throwing stuff (Marner & his gloves) you know a team is in trouble. TO cannot suddenly fix their bad D or goaltenders, or get injured guys to play at 100%, etc. I expect more of what we saw last night from the Bruins in game 5.

What fun time to be a Bruins fan eh????

Let’s go Bruins!!!
To me the series isn't over until the handshakes on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad