Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 4 - BRUINS head home with a 3-1 series lead.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I thought from like the new year on JVR was done but I've been surprised by his level of play since getting into the lineup. He looks faster. Maybe something was ailing him for a little because he had a huge drop off but he looks like he did in the beginning of the year, which is huge for us

Say what you want but he can finish when he has the chance

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I thought from like the new year on JVR was done but I've been surprised by his level of play since getting into the lineup. He looks faster. Maybe something was ailing him for a little because he had a huge drop off but he looks like he did in the beginning of the year, which is huge for us

Say what you want but he can finish when he has the chance
He was sick and lost 15 lbs I would imagine it would take time to,recover from that.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I knew there was no way I would make it through the playoff tilt I was at in person last night without knowing how the game was going but still came home and watched it.

I gotta eat a touch of crow, I wanted no part of JVR being out there, great goal, felt our boys were in control the entire night.

Doesn`t hurt the B`s didn`t have to face Matthews in the 3rd but not sure it would have mattered. Leafs organization has been a defensive disaster for a decade now and that will always be their achilles heel

Reactions: sarge88 and Gordoff

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Great win by the Bruins, they need to stay focused and keep the intensity going and not think hey we got this in the bag. Do not give the leafs any life at all, you have them down, so step on their throats. It would be nice finally finish these guys off early in 5 games, twice before we had them at 3-1 and both times it went the full 7 games, lets not do that again and get this over on Tuesday.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Peeke and forbort are far worse than shattenkirk at getting the puck out of the zone. It’s just a question of whether you’ll need peekes toughness.

Also the power play has been much better with shattenkirk back in the lineup. It struggled down the stretch of the regular season because Peeke was in for him. Now it’s clicking. Not taking shattenkirk out imo.

The coach realizes Shatty is barely playable in his own end. He got 9 fewer shifts than both lohrei and Witherspoon again last night. You know Montgomery is likely holding his breath whenever Shatty is on the ice just hoping to survive to the next changeover, When Peeke is ready to play Peeke is in the lineup.

Only question for me is are they giving Lohrei practice time on the PP so he is ready when necessary. He has already shown he is effective in that role.

Real question for me is how long can Spoon keep Forbort out of the lineup

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Great win by the Bruins, they need to stay focused and keep the intensity going and not think hey we got this in the bag. Do not give the leafs any life at all, you have them down, so step on their throats. It would be nice finally finish these guys off early in 5 games, twice before we had them at 3-1 and both times it went the full 7 games, lets not do that again and get this over on Tuesday.
Scoring in 1st at home vs Woll is a must .Cannot give them anything to build on.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Peeke and forbort are far worse than shattenkirk at getting the puck out of the zone. It’s just a question of whether you’ll need peekes toughness.

Also the power play has been much better with shattenkirk back in the lineup. It struggled down the stretch of the regular season because Peeke was in for him. Now it’s clicking. Not taking shattenkirk out imo.

Shatty has played very little on the PP in this series.

Bruins have 6 PP goals, no points from Shatty.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Better team won last night. While we were good in the 2nd period, I thought that Toronto put in one of the most gutless performances in that period that I've seen from a playoff team in a long long time. It was shocking, and we made them pay for it, which is what good teams do.

Props to Jim Montgomery for the lineup tweaks he made after Game 2. If I'm going to nit-pick anything, I'd like to see us be better 5 on 5 and I'd like to see Zacha a little more involved on the offensive side. We've got a commanding lead at 3-1, but we were in the same position last year.

I can't emphasize enough the 2 HUGE saves Swayman made right before Nylander took that stupid penalty in the 3rd period. Toronto had us on our heels and if they score there to make it 3-2, its en entirely different game. I trust Ullmark 100% but I don't see how you can take Swayman out of the net at this point.

Reactions: lopey and Gordoff

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
The coach realizes Shatty is barely playable in his own end. He got 9 fewer shifts than both lohrei and Witherspoon again last night. You know Montgomery is likely holding his breath whenever Shatty is on the ice just hoping to survive to the next changeover, When Peeke is ready to play Peeke is in the lineup.

Only question for me is are they giving Lohrei practice time on the PP so he is ready when necessary. He has already shown he is effective in that role.

Lohrei still scares the shit out of me in the defensive end. I'm not saying he should sit, but he's far from a reliable defender. McAvoy saved his ass on desperation poke check after one of his brutal turnovers in the D end.

Shattenkirk is what he is, but I don't have as many "what the f*** are you doing?" moments with him as I do with Lohrei.

That said, I don't change a thing with our back 6. It is what it is, and so far its been good enough. Brandon Carlo has been an absolute a Stud......with a capital S.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014

I think of it this way.

Spoon is keeping Gryz/Lohrei out of the lineup.
Forbort is keeping Gryz/Lohrei out of the lineup.
Peeke would keep Shattenkirk out.

McAvoy and Lindholm get PP.

Forbort, Peeke, McAvoy and Carlo get PK. Spoon could slip in also.

Even strength
McAvoy plays with all the left D.
Carlo plays with Lindholm always.
Peeke tends to play with Forbort or Spoon.
A left D never plays with a right D, and Vice versa

The Bs really don’t stick to strict pairs. A lot of the minutes relate to how the coaches feel someone is playing that night.

I don’t see Lohrei on special teams. Spoon can at least PK.

Reactions: RoccoF14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad