GDT: ECQF Game 4: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Leafs:, | 8pm, | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
I remember when people were questioning the decision of making Marchand the captain. He wasn't captain material apparently. Good times.
No kidding. Bruins were in the hunt for the President's Trophy until the end. Team lost its 1C and 2C last summer. Looking like the Bruins will get out of the first round, unlike last year. Yeah, seems like he is doing just fine as captain. Dude deserves more credit.

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
Goalie is still sus
Defense is okay… but no real game changers on it…. Rielly hasn’t been noticeable at all

I actually liked the forward core this year, but matthews nylander Tavares and marner all need to play much better if the leafs ever want a chance
That's the thing. At some point, the front office needs to accept that fancy season stats really don't mean shit. Leafs need to get a little uglier and go to the dirty areas but if your top guys don't lead the way, it's tough. You don't win in hockey being top heavy. You win with a defense and a nasty forecheck. Goaltending helps too

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
He probably would have done something stupid like trade Nylander/Marner for Karlsson.
Or anybody for a top line defenseman. But I don't know. We have people blaming the coach, others blaming personnel, something isn't working, and I think it starts with Shanny hover parenting.

Reactions: Summer Rose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad