GDT: ECQF Game 4: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Leafs:, | 8pm, | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Nylander back is a masssssssssssive plus for Toronto, the series has been extremely tight, if he isn't too rusty I won't be shocked if Toronto wins the next 3. He's been our second best player all year.

Also I understand they've been rotating Swayman/Ullmark for quite some time, but I still find it kind of strange, Swayman is 2-0 and has been straight up elite. Not complaining as the opposing fan, but you gotta think Monty will be on the hot seat if they lose tonight.

RI.B FAN

Jul 14, 2002
JAMESTOWN RI
Visit site
Part of me wants Toronto to win and take the series to 7 since the other series I wanted is about to sweep

But the meltdowns if Boston wins early, the summer articles, the over analysis, the Marner speculation

And at some point maybe a Bruins-Panthers rematch would be a cool storyline.
I think you just described most all Toronto summers

Reactions: Summer Rose

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
Nylander back is a masssssssssssive plus for Toronto, the series has been extremely tight, if he isn't too rusty I won't be shocked if Toronto wins the next 3. He's been our second best player all year.

Also I understand they've been rotating Swayman/Ullmark for quite some time, but I still find it kind of strange, Swayman is 2-0 and has been straight up elite. Not complaining as the opposing fan, but you gotta think Monty will be on the hot seat if they lose tonight.
Leafs better stay out the box, they have the second worse pk of all the po teams and the bruins 2nd pp is doing all the damage.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Leafs better stay out the box, they have the second worse pk of all the po teams and the bruins 2nd pp is doing all the damage.
Somethings gotta give, 9 percent powerplay and 50 percent PK isn't sustainable (if that's the right word to use in this scenario?)

If our powerplay was 50 percent and pk 90 percent, we'd be hearing all about how there's no way it'll continue, it's unsustainable bla bla. I expect special teams to be much better. Honestly if the Leafs can't win tonight just f***ing blow it up.

Home ice, atrocious special teams so far (now 2 days off to regroup), Nylander coming back, down 2-1 and the series is basically on the line. If they can't show up for this one then I don't even know where you go from here. Expecting the Leafs best game of the series. Prediction was Leafs in 7, I think they take this one tonight. Series has been competitive so far, Nylander returning is huge for Toronto, he's been our best playoff performer out of the core guys and is a damn near 100 point player.

Looks like it will be Swayman.
Smart choice.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Somethings gotta give, 9 percent powerplay and 50 percent PK isn't sustainable (if that's the right word to use in this scenario?)

If our powerplay was 50 percent and pk 90 percent, we'd be hearing all about how there's no way it'll continue, it's unsustainable bla bla. I expect special teams to be much better. Honestly if the Leafs can't win tonight just f***ing blow it up.

The law of large numbers says that extreme special teams aren't sustainable.

However, in a 7 game series, or even an entire playoff run, you're dealing with relatively small numbers.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Boston is going with Swayman for this one? Didn't expect that but probably the right call.
I’ve been out most of the afternoon. Not sure what’s going on just yet but I would hope they start Swayman. Just for the kryptonite effect. Ullmark is totally fine as a starter, but, come on

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Nylander back and Boston playing 3D chess against themselves starting Ulmark could be just what the Leafs need to get back in this.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Why 8pm? Who are they appealing to? /grumble
Kind of like how they make Toronto games in VAN 4 pm so it's convenient for more viewers (even if it's inconvenient for the home team and home fans), I'm guessing 8pm makes it easier for western fans to watch. Maximizes viewership and also means it starts after FL/TB is completely done (assuming no OT).

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Nice to have Nylander back so there are no excuses at the end
Has there really been any excuses lmao, everyone for the most part is blaming the piss poor special teams. Even with Willy out, there was no excuse for being that unprepared and just lost on the PP and PK.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Another year, another playoffs where Matthews' goalscoring falls off a cliff.

Guy is now 26, at his absolute peak, still hasn't learned how to play playoff hockey and likely never will. Honestly just feel bad for Leaf's management to be given two Tier 1 regular season superstars that are this hard to walk away from. All you can do is hope they figure it out next year, every year.
Matthews won game 2 for us and has been getting his looks....marner on the other hand....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad