Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 4 4/27 8:14 PM - THE BEAR skateboards down Yonge Street - Boston leads series 2-1 - NESN, TBS, TruTV, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Is it time yet?

1714209367142.jpeg

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Has there been one overtime game yet in the entire playoffs? Some years by now it seems like we’d have quite a few.

Those of you stuck watching on TBS and TruTV be advised Flyers announcer Jim Jackson is doing the game
Can you FaceTime me the game?

• Haha
Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
If Monty does start Linus tonight, these are some of the biggest nuts in the business.

Dude is putting his job on the line here. I gotta respect that.
Well they said they were going with the platoon so he has to stick with it at this point imo, otherwise it makes it look like he's panicking and deviating from his initial plan.

Reactions: Gordoff

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Well they said they were going with the platoon so he has to stick with it at this point imo, otherwise it makes it look like he's panicking and deviating from his initial plan.

This makes sense when you are only allowed to make one plan. Say charting a programmed course for a shuttle that you cannot deviate from. You take all the best data you have from the start, and you pick ONE path.

In this instance, he gets data from no less than 3 games. And the data says the Leafs are absolutely stone cold shook by Sway.

I wanted the rotation in game 2. I wanted it in game 3. But since then we've learned a lot. And what we've learned is if a guy is going to go .940 kind of thing on you and is in your head, just go for the kill shot. At this point, thats me.

There isn't "no take backs" in this. We aren't 5. Get it to 3-1 before getting cute.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Again, this is why making any sort of plan public was a bad idea from the start.

Damned if you do damned if you don’t.

For all the more his press conferences were awful to listen to, the Belichick answer of “we’re going to do what’s best for the hockey team” would’ve been the best answer to give when asked about the rotation.

Why would you commit to anything and paint yourself into a corner?

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
He took a lot of slack last season for not using the rotation,and rightfully so Ullmark wasn’t healthy,I think not using the goalie who is 2-0 in the series and 6-0 in the last couple off seasons would be asinine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad