Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 3 - Weeping and Crying in Maple Leaf Square in the springtime air - BRUINS 4 Toronto 2 ( B's lead series 2-1 )

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
If someone jumped Domi, we get a penalty...lets say they score and we lose by 1....was it worth it to jump him? Or is it positive re enforcement, that hey the Bs got a penalty, let's do that again.
Jumping Domi and losing is not worth it
As we can see, they are not calling things by the book. Have we not learned from the Blues series or the Panthers series?

In hockey, the biggest unwritten rule is don't touch the goaltender. They are testing that to see if we have the gumption to call them out on that. If Maroon could, he would have torn Domi apart. We didn't get a penalty because the refs stopped it before it could have started.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
As we can see, they are not calling things by the book. Have we not learned from the Blues series or the Panthers series?

In hockey, the biggest unwritten rule is don't touch the goaltender. They are testing that to see if we have the gumption to call them out on that. If Maroon could, he would have torn Domi apart. We didn't get a penalty because the refs stopped it before it could have started.
retailitory penalties are more costly
it is not worth taking penalties for revenge....they should have pounded Domi....during the game
if someone would have jumped him, thats probably at least an instigator and game misconduct
its not worth giving away a game in the playoffs
last i knew the game is decided by the score

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Bruins took a couple of runs at Domi in the third and he was spinning out of the way of them like a ballerina instead of just taking the hit. He knew what he did and so did the Bruins - he kept his head on a swivel for the rest of the game.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Bruins took a couple of runs at Domi in the third and he was spinning out of the way of them like a ballerina instead of just taking the hit. He knew what he did and so did the Bruins - he kept his head on a swivel for the rest of the game.
And whether related to being targeted or not he chose to cover no one on the marchy snipe.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
retailitory penalties are more costly
it is not worth taking penalties for revenge....they should have pounded Domi....during the game
if someone would have jumped him, thats probably at least an instigator and game misconduct
its not worth giving away a game in the playoffs
last i knew the game is decided by the score
Tell that to the Blues and the Panthers.......

We have seen 1st hand what happens when you can't and won't push back when you are supposed to.......

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Tell that to the Blues and the Panthers.
They didn't get the retailitory penalties because the refs let the first one go.....it's the 2d guy who gets sent to the box and in the playoffs one bad penalty frequently decides games.....anyways I see where you are so there is no point in discussing this further

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
They didn't get the retailitory penalties because the refs let the first one go.....it's the 2d guy who gets sent to the box and in the playoffs one bad penalty frequently decides games.....anyways I see where you are so there is no point in discussing this further
At the times when we needed to push back, regardless of the situation, and did not, it cost us the series because we allowed the other teams to do what they wanted without repercussions. You cannot rely on the Refs to call the game correctly in the playoffs. We have learned that lesson I hope....

That's why Lucic and Maroon were signed.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
At the times when we needed to push back, regardless of the situation, and did not, it cost us the series because we allowed the other teams to do what they wanted without repercussions. You cannot rely on the Refs to call the game correctly in the playoffs. We have learned that lesson I hope....

That's why Lucic and Maroon were signed.
Maroon was acquired not signed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad