Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 3 - Weeping and Crying in Maple Leaf Square in the springtime air - BRUINS 4 Toronto 2 ( B's lead series 2-1 )

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Was watching replay of goal Marchand scored,never noticed when he scored it the Leaf Player that had Freddy’s stick tied up ,Freddy literally had to drag him when he went to the front of the net.lol

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
I think Leafs mngt did recognize that more grit was needed and they went and got it. Problem is, it`s a balance , Reeves laid some big hits out last night and got the crowd going which is what a 4th liner should be doing but ultimately, we saw in game 1 how the B`s can get under the skin of someone like Domi and then last night with Bert, Marchand literally renting space in his head

Keefe is a mouth breather who , like his predecessor, still hasn`t figured out that coaching some form of defensive responsibility is an absolute must to taste playoff success, let him talk
I can’t say for sure that what I think I saw last night was in fact real, but when the leafs had a particular shift where they were very physical (lead by Reaves) and the fans went insane, I truly believe the oft-maligned as “soft” Leafs collectively got so enamored with their new found toughness that they forgot to play smart positional hockey.

They succumbed to their own exuberance. Let em hit. Let em whine. Let em self implode.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
So Lohrei plays exactly 68 seconds in the final 15:53 of the game. Shattenkirk plays 33 seconds in the final 12:49 of the game (and only 3 seconds if you don't count the 30 seconds of mop up duty after the empty netter). The coaches had confidence in Wotherspoon, even though he got pummeled on the knee with a shot early in the first. What does this say about the lineup possibilities for Game 4? Are they going to give Gryz a second look? Are the going to give Forbort a look? Are they going to roll with this same lineup? The way it was used, we were down to only 4 D just like Game 2 with Peeke out. Weirdly though, Carlo was the one who didn't play the final 8 minutes of Game 2, not Shattenkirk. It does't feel like playoffs when it comes to the D. It feels like tryouts in training camp. And even then, if the Bs do advance, how different will it be to play Florida (or even Tampa)?
All good questions, I think Gryz is back in there

Did they give any additional information on Peek?

Last edited:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
It's strange how the Leafs are so focussed on Marchy. What the Bruins need is a player to play that role and climb up and down Mathew like a pack of feral dogs on a three legged cat. Man I can see the Toronto Sun headlines now.

Really?

Why would that seem strange?

Everyone is always focused on Marchy.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
@Fenway sighting

1714085995692.png

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
DeBrusk just makes you think there is more in him offensively, and he has shown it.
He isn't lazy, he's very good defensively, seems like a good teammate. But leaves you wondering why he doesn't score 25 - 30 a year.
DeBrusk has been the best player on the B’s through 3 games imo. Guys out there skating balls to the wall every shift.

If he keeps showing up in the playoffs, I’m alright with some slumps throughout the 82 game grind.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
He'll get the desired result.

This is Toronto we're talking about.

Aside from that, Jim Montgomery is no Claude Julien.

Claude could play media games, though largely he refrained.

Montgomery couldn't volley if he tried, never mind serve.
It's called "gamesmanship" and Monty has zero.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
DeBrusk has been the best player on the B’s through 3 games imo. Guys out there skating balls to the wall every shift.

If he keeps showing up in the playoffs, I’m alright with some slumps throughout the 82 game grind.
Like the player, just this regular season let me wanting more. No complaints if he keeps this up.
He's like a shark out there, when he forechecks, hunting down the puck carrier.

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
And Domi clearly punched Marchy in the back of the head, not once, but twice, and a few other infractions in that game alone, starting with the face off, that he wasn't called for and should have been. It's been pretty equal on the non-calls that would have/could have benefited either team.

It reminded me a little of the Matt Cooke one when Marchy and Bergy immediately scored after he left Cooke standing there holding his jock strap.
Oh Man that was AWESOME!! Thank you for bringing back that wonderful memory :)

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
In case you haven't seen it. Thanks @dafoomie

I was happy to see that you had the rest of the stuff before the Marchand trip because nobody else seems to want to show that part because it doesn’t fit the narrative. I’m not surprised you did though, your videos are spectacular.

Where was this reported?
It was on Twitter today, Friedman I think. Or whatever the heck twitter is now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad