Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 3 - Weeping and Crying in Maple Leaf Square in the springtime air - BRUINS 4 Toronto 2 ( B's lead series 2-1 )

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
1714069807615.jpeg

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Hard to believe three games in and Ryan Reaves and journeyman Max Domi are more noticeable than Mitch Marner. It's odd for me since I don't see the Leafs much, but read all the hype on Marner.

I, too, found Keefe's comments on Marchand complimentary. Last night's play with Bertuzzi brought back memories of Marchand doing similar to Matt Cooke in Pittsburgh.

Yes, the Bruins are overachieving; and a lot of that is due to depth players rescued from the scrap heap, signed for low dollars.

In case this hasn't been shared:

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
I would as well but all the DeBrusk haters here and on 98.5 from 2-6 want him gone

I’m Sweens I’m signing - he’s one of if not best defensive forward and I been wanting him full time including PP with 88 and 18 all year

That’s my dream line and keep 63 with 13 and probably Geekie

That’s not Florida but very good especially with the D and goaltending
DeBrusk just makes you think there is more in him offensively, and he has shown it.
He isn't lazy, he's very good defensively, seems like a good teammate. But leaves you wondering why he doesn't score 25 - 30 a year.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
'You never steal the game from the players' - Bob Cole

An absolute legend and the hockey voice for multiple generations of Canadians. RIP indeed.
Foster Hewitt "Hello, Canada, and hockey fans in the United States and Newfoundland."

followed by Bob Cole calling a hockey game on Hockey Night In Canada was just the best.

Reactions: Dreghorn2

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Lightning fan here in peace: Bertuzzi dove, Marchand was a beast, DeBrusk owns the Leafs, Swayman dominant per usual, inject the Leafs tears into my veins even more.
I like Bert - I think they or hope they are good off of the ice

I’m curious what a hockey Universe would look like with Marchand and Bergeron were life long Habs

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
DeBrusk just makes you think there is more in him offensively, and he has shown it.
He isn't lazy, he's very good defensively, seems like a good teammate. But leaves you wondering why he doesn't score 25 - 30 a year.
Yah he should be able to oversleep and get 25-30 a yr

Where I thought he was meh as a 3 zone 200 foot player he’s excelled now

He’s both a good PK and PP player

Someone will pay him especially in Canada- msybe Chicago would be good fit

Reactions: Gordoff

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Hard to believe three games in and Ryan Reaves and journeyman Max Domi are more noticeable than Mitch Marner. It's odd for me since I don't see the Leafs much, but read all the hype on Marner.

I, too, found Keefe's comments on Marchand complimentary. Last night's play with Bertuzzi brought back memories of Marchand doing similar to Matt Cooke in Pittsburgh.

Yes, the Bruins are overachieving; and a lot of that is due to depth players rescued from the scrap heap, signed for low dollars.

In case this hasn't been shared:

The Bruins are "overachieving" due to great goaltending, great coaching, depth players who buy in, a couple top end players producing well, and overall team structure being better/more consistent than most in the league.

My Lightning don't have the same depth that they used to nor the same consistency/structure. Both the Lightning & Bruins have depth players who the average outsider fan would consider to be "shitty" or below average, but you generally know what you will get from the Bruins group on any night, whereas you don't know what you'll get from the Lightning night to night.

With the Leafs, they've over relied on their top end stars who take up most of the cap, so they then need their patchwork depth and goaltending to be passable to solid. From the outsider, average Leafs hater perspective, I've found that much of the Leafs depth has been solid, but their top end guys besides Matthews have been underwhelming. Not having Nylander hurts for sure.

You just know what you'll get from the Bruins in terms of effort & structure even if the overall team/roster construction isn't a masterpiece on paper

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
The Bruins are "overachieving" due to great goaltending, great coaching, depth players who buy in, a couple top end players producing well, and overall team structure being better/more consistent than most in the league.
I'm probably splitting hairs, but I don't consider that "overachieving". I consider that a pretty good hockey team.....

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I've been harping on Marchy the last few weeks.
Dude stepped up big last night.
More of that please & thanks.
Love the player.

Probably top 3 Bruin of all time for me.

But Father Time is undefeated.
Cannot bank on him contributing like he has in the past.

The Bruins have an awful lot of wild cards in their skill forward group.

When they click, they look like world beaters.

But when they hit a dry spell? Oh man, do they look lost.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Yeah I saw that, and goalies are really a crap shoot, but it funny how we traded Rayzor for Tukka and now this? Leafs need goaltending and we have in the last 15 years taken two good ones from them. Find it funny
I agree completely. The whole thread last night was a hoot.

Reactions: Gordoff

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Because they didn’t call him on the play with Bertuzzi? They probably both should have went but refs decided to let it go.

That was one of the better pieces of officiating you'll see. two guys away from the play , playing games trying to draw a penalty on the other guy, neither having anything to do with the play, until such point Bertuzzi takes a dive over Marchand's stick The absolute right thing to do is to ignore it completely

So Lohrei plays exactly 68 seconds in the final 15:53 of the game. Shattenkirk plays 33 seconds in the final 12:49 of the game (and only 3 seconds if you don't count the 30 seconds of mop up duty after the empty netter). The coaches had confidence in Wotherspoon, even though he got pummeled on the knee with a shot early in the first. What does this say about the lineup possibilities for Game 4? Are they going to give Gryz a second look? Are the going to give Forbort a look? Are they going to roll with this same lineup? The way it was used, we were down to only 4 D just like Game 2 with Peeke out. Weirdly though, Carlo was the one who didn't play the final 8 minutes of Game 2, not Shattenkirk. It does't feel like playoffs when it comes to the D. It feels like tryouts in training camp. And even then, if the Bs do advance, how different will it be to play Florida (or even Tampa)?

No one in their right mind goes back to Gryz. Forbort is absolutely the next man up.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Foster Hewitt "Hello, Canada, and hockey fans in the United States and Newfoundland."

followed by Bob Cole calling a hockey game on Hockey Night In Canada was just the best.
Danny Gallivan was really good

Nothing new here but Gotta say the bruins are in pretty good shape between the pipes !

Habs give Charlie Lingren away lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad