Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 3 - Weeping and Crying in Maple Leaf Square in the springtime air - BRUINS 4 Toronto 2 ( B's lead series 2-1 )

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Came across this on the leafs website. They could of had Sway. We drafted him one spot after leafs drafted Ian Scott. Mahahaahah

View attachment 859471

He needs to get his legs I think. Extra day rest will do him good. He is still slow though lol
They were saying this kid looked legit before a severe injury. I know nothing but that was the consensus last night.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
They were saying this kid looked legit before a severe injury. I know nothing but that was the consensus last night.
Yeah I saw that, and goalies are really a crap shoot, but it funny how we traded Rayzor for Tukka and now this? Leafs need goaltending and we have in the last 15 years taken two good ones from them. Find it funny

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
To keep the waters from becoming overly muddy:

Let’s keep this thread focused on the game that just happened, the series, and looking ahead to Game 4.

Please use the roster thread to speculate about who comes and goes in the offseason, who gets moved at the draft etc.

Thanks.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
So Lohrei plays exactly 68 seconds in the final 15:53 of the game. Shattenkirk plays 33 seconds in the final 12:49 of the game (and only 3 seconds if you don't count the 30 seconds of mop up duty after the empty netter). The coaches had confidence in Wotherspoon, even though he got pummeled on the knee with a shot early in the first. What does this say about the lineup possibilities for Game 4? Are they going to give Gryz a second look? Are the going to give Forbort a look? Are they going to roll with this same lineup? The way it was used, we were down to only 4 D just like Game 2 with Peeke out. Weirdly though, Carlo was the one who didn't play the final 8 minutes of Game 2, not Shattenkirk. It does't feel like playoffs when it comes to the D. It feels like tryouts in training camp. And even then, if the Bs do advance, how different will it be to play Florida (or even Tampa)?

Reactions: Gordoff

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
But it wasn't a compliment. Watch again. He was simply trying to frame his words in a way that he could deliver the complaint about the refs without making it a direct assault. It was also parallel to the way @Number8 complimented you. It's no compliment to talk about an elite player and captain in terms of being an elite rat. That was no compliment last night, I watched live and he was being a pickle.

"You've got to recognize he's a world-class player, both in ability and how he plays, in the gamesmanship and everything," Keefe said of Marchand. "It's world class, and he's been in the league long enough, as you can see. ... We have to manage our way through that, avoid putting ourselves in situations where he can put us in those spots. And as far as his game is concerned, I think we've managed that pretty well, for the most part. Obviously, tonight, we make a mistake at a key time that allows him to get the winner."

if this isn’t a compliment then what is it. Honestly whatever I don’t even care. I was just trying to say it’s rare a coach compliments another player and was giving Keefe kudos for it.

Reactions: Aeroforce

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
"You've got to recognize he's a world-class player, both in ability and how he plays, in the gamesmanship and everything," Keefe said of Marchand. "It's world class, and he's been in the league long enough, as you can see. ... We have to manage our way through that, avoid putting ourselves in situations where he can put us in those spots. And as far as his game is concerned, I think we've managed that pretty well, for the most part. Obviously, tonight, we make a mistake at a key time that allows him to get the winner."

if this isn’t a compliment then what is it. Honestly whatever I don’t even care. I was just trying to say it’s rare a coach compliments another player and was giving Keefe kudos for it.
1 word on skill and everything else needling towards rat. I disagree with your understanding. Did you watch or did you just grab the quotes. Literally maintains the focus on his gamesmanship and how he plays.

Btw Belichick always found ways to compliment the other team. Cassidy would do it. Many coaches to it. And when it is insincere it bleeds right through just like it did in this case.

Reactions: Gordoff

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
1 word on skill and everything else needling towards rat. I disagree with your understanding. Did you watch or did you just grab the quotes. Literally maintains the focus on his gamesmanship and how he plays.

Btw Belichick always found ways to compliment the other team. Cassidy would do it. Many coaches to it. And when it is insincere it bleeds right through just like it did in this case.

Yes I watched it and it seemed overwhelmingly positive towards Marchand. Not surprised that people here are running with the one sentence they at can be taken out of context though

I’ll just never compliment an opposition for complimenting us again because clearly someone will still find a way to hate it

Reactions: HustleB

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011

Completely apples-to-apples.

Sheldon:

1714067845645.png

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I feel like being GM so here goes 24-25

74-18-88

I resigned JDB

63-13-39

43-Poitras- 11

I resigned Heinie

19-70- Brazeau

Merkulov

Out
Lauko
JVR

Gotta see about Lysell - talent there but things to work on
There is this wonderous thing called Free Agency that the Bruins will have money for this summer. So my lineup. 88m cap.
1714067893210.png

Reactions: Gordoff and KWbruin

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
To keep the waters from becoming overly muddy:

Let’s keep this thread focused on the game that just happened, the series, and looking ahead to Game 4.

Please use the roster thread to speculate about who comes and goes in the offseason, who gets moved at the draft etc.

Thanks.

Let’s try this one more time.

Thanks.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Keefe is a mouth breather who , like his predecessor, still hasn`t figured out that coaching some form of defensive responsibility is an absolute must to taste playoff success,

Marchys empty netter was indicative of that.
Matthews, Marner, Domi came back when Marchy initially hit the post and Bertuzzi seemingly had possession so they all started to leave the zone.
Marchy had the hard forecheck going and once he had possession it was an easy goal.

It absolutely astounds me of how people say Matthews should get Selke votes:laugh:

Dangle getting called out in the comment section of his last video for complaining about the missed calls…haha
Dangle pees sitting down.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Brad answering the call here! Good all around effort. We have to continue to walk the line, not crossing it.

Swayman was fantastic, and someone needs to put DOMI ON HIS ASS for that clown move cheapshotting Swayman.
If someone jumped Domi, we get a penalty...lets say they score and we lose by 1....was it worth it to jump him? Or is it positive re enforcement, that hey the Bs got a penalty, let's do that again.
Jumping Domi and losing is not worth it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad