Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 3 - Weeping and Crying in Maple Leaf Square in the springtime air - BRUINS 4 Toronto 2 ( B's lead series 2-1 )

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Did he explain how?

Marchand getting grief for that dumbass Leaf coach is hilarious. Burt has gotten away with just as much not to mention dumb dumb Domi
To your point, Domi slashes Marchand on the wrist before the opening faceoff of game 1, no call. The play where Bert ends up on his backside was a stick work duel that he started, he just got the worst end of it and, IIRC, Bert is holding Marchand against the boards interfering with him while Frederic scores. It’s a hapless franchise that has totally mismanaged their salary structure to overpay 4 guys at the expanse of defense and goaltending. Add that on to actually claiming that the refs like Marchand and give him favorable calls would be funny if it were not so pitiful.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Tor & goaltending.
Okay, so Keefe needs to consider making a goaltender change.
I checked regular season stats, and Woll (.907 sv) has crappy numbers, but they are better than
Samsanov ( .890 sv) , who's regular season numbers are terrible. Why'd he go with Samsanov and
does he switch ?
From what I read prior to the series start- Those that watch the Leafs feel Woll hasnt been the same since he returned from injury. I looked at his stats. It was very up and down.

I dont think it would hurt them to try a goalie change at this stage though.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I wouldn’t pick Edwards, I’d go with a mostly balanced Brick who summed it up the same way as many of us, could have matched them up or could have just let it go. I thought letting them battle was the right call, I don’t know why none of the stuff Bert did leading up to the trip get mentioned, he was giving as well as getting just fine, and pulled March down just before they crossed the blue line.

Agreed, Brick is way more balanced.

But he's still a homer. Works for NESN. Is a former Bruin. Heat of the moment in the playoffs. We know he's rooting for the B's.

Ray Ferraro works for ESPN. He was right at ice level. I think he was being more objective.

• Wow
Reactions: Gordoff

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

But he's still a homer. Works for NESN. Is a former Bruin. Heat of the moment in the playoffs. We know he's rooting for the B's.

Ray Ferraro works for ESPN. He was right at ice level. I think he was being more objective.
The only national analyst who hates the Bruins more than Ferraro was Keith Jones. At least he can hate us from Philadelphia now.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com

I’ll agree to disagree. I thought it was an obvious match or nothing, and love that the refs had the guts to let them play in the playoffs.

Reactions: lopey

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Tonight was the most riotous I have ever seen at Scotiabank Arena.

A woman wearing a Bruins sweater screaming at a woman wearing a Leafs' sweater and the woman suddenly had the sweater torn off completely and she then threw her beer at the woman and security tossed her.....

Everyone senses this series will go the full 7 and Game 7 is slotted for primetime on ABC on May 4th which means Jack's final game on NESN could be a Game 6 in Toronto.
It’s not going 7 with Swayman in net.

Reactions: bruins19

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Celtics should have fired Mazzulla this morning.
Bruins should've fired Montgomery then after being the runaway top seed last year and being upset by a Florida team that collapsed in the SCF.... and then had the audacity to hire a coach who quit in both CAR/WPG.... WHEN Brunette had done a fine job there

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

This is where your argument falls apart. To think Ferraro is more objective for the Bruins because he works for ESPN is silly. You need to remind yourself of the history of him. Also just working for ESPN making someone more objective is wrong as well. PK Subban is openly rooting for Toronto.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Idk just looked it up and this is where he went more in depth

"You've got to recognize he's a world-class player, both in ability and how he plays, in the gamesmanship and everything," Keefe said of Marchand. "It's world class, and he's been in the league long enough, as you can see. ... We have to manage our way through that, avoid putting ourselves in situations where he can put us in those spots. And as far as his game is concerned, I think we've managed that pretty well, for the most part. Obviously, tonight, we make a mistake at a key time that allows him to get the winner."

This? Idk I don’t see what’s wrong with this. Seems pretty complimentary of marchand
This is the press session from nhl.com. Not sure why it doesn't let me embed video.

Sheldon Keefe | Post Game | Toronto Maple Leafs

Anyway, listen specifically at 1:00 to 1:25. Next generation complaining about Marchand: "He gets calls. It's unbelievable actually. How it goes. I don't think there's another player in the series that gets away with taking out Bertuzzi's legs like that but he does."

Bullshit whining.

Or if we are to use Sheldon's victim logic, as to Bertuzzi there is apparently not another player that gets away with slashing Marchand's hands and wrists in the faceoff circle in Game One at 20:00 of the first period but he does.

Give me a f***ing break.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Bruins should've fired Montgomery then after being the runaway top seed last year and being upset by a Florida team that collapsed in the SCF.... and then had the audacity to hire a coach who quit in both CAR/WPG.... WHEN Brunette had done a fine job there

:huh:

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
This is the press session from nhl.com. Not sure why it doesn't let me embed video.

Sheldon Keefe | Post Game | Toronto Maple Leafs

Anyway, listen specifically at 1:00 to 1:25. Next generation complaining about Marchand: "He gets calls. It's unbelievable actually. How it goes. I don't think there's another player in the series that gets away with taking out Bertuzzi's legs like that but he does."

Bullshit whining.

Or if we are to use Sheldon's victim logic, as to Bertuzzi there is apparently not another player that gets away with slashing Marchand's hands and wrists in the faceoff circle in Game One at 20:00 of the first period but he does.

Give me a f***ing break.
It's a tight hard fought series so no team should be drawing 4 straight powerplays but Leafs did somehow.Sheldon Keefe is trying to pine for calls later .It's a bad look for him & reeks of afraid for his job as he feels it slipping away

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
How they heck did not give Freddy an assist on that goal

So Bertuzzi had front row tickets to

- the Frederic game tying goal when he tried to play mind games with Marchand

- the Marchand GWG goal, down on one knee and missing the blocked shot

- the Marchand empty netter to put the game away after Marchand bodied him off the puck, leaving Bertuzzi to float around after the goal barking at the ref

talk about getting owned.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Please don't try telling me how to watch hockey games.

I've been doing it for an awful long time.

As for Ray Ferraro, yes, he is an objective expert witness (analyst). Is Jack Edwards your idea of objective? Be serious.
I'm not telling you how to watch hockey games. I'm calling you out on suggesting that Ray Ferraro is some sort of objective expert witness. He's not. Or at least he's not a very capable one.

And you brought Jack Edwards up, not me. I don't need anyone to tell me what happened between Bertuzzi and Marchand, or validate what I saw it with my own eyes. Eyes that, I suspect, have seen a similar number of games as you.

Give me Sheldon Keefe backed up by Ray Ferraro and you still have whining over one play/sequence. Or maybe Samsonov was so stunned by the egregious missed call on Marchand that he flubbed a routine shot by Freddy??? THAT is the story.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Lohrei or Shattmypants - You cant play both IMO. Also dont get me started when they were on the ice together for that one shift. Monty made sure that didnt happen again.

Lohrei had some holy **** scary moments last night. That Marchand goal almost didnt happen cause Lohrei gave it right to a Leaf out front of Sway and got bailed out. We are talking completely differently today about his game if that happened. Also the two penalties like them or not. Its funny how when Gryz crosschecks a guy out front and gets called, its all Gryz being bad. But when Lohrei does it, the refs are being soft.

Shattmypants could be faulted for the Knies goal albeit a nice pass by Marner. Shatt was caught in no mans land and instead of picking up Knies or the shooter, he opted to do nothing. Also of course played 10 mins total cause there wasnt any PP time.

Lohrei has bounced back from performances like that before, and of course is a kid. Id give him another crack but buddy your leash is short. Shatt can sit.
He had the yips that’s for sure.

Reactions: lopey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad