Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 3 - Weeping and Crying in Maple Leaf Square in the springtime air - BRUINS 4 Toronto 2 ( B's lead series 2-1 )

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I feel like when I shit on players they end up just pissing in my face. I shit on Frederic and he played fantastic. I shit on Marchand a bit and he took the game by the balls.

Who's my target for game 4!?
Charlie Coyle please.

Hes not playing bad but man he needs to bury one.

May as well throw Zacha in there as well.

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
The issue with Leafs fans, and I’m going to try and say this without coming off condescending is that there is so much ticky-tacky stuff that things don’t always get called and they haven’t had the playoff runs to experience it.

Could the Marchand play been a penalty? Absolutely but Bert engaged with him and gave him some hacks as well. There was a missed high stick on McAvoy in the 1st. Things just tend to even out over the course of 7 games.

We had to experience that non-call on Acciari against the Blues. Sometimes you’re on the other end of it and it’s just the way things go.

The amount of real estate Marchand has in their head is actually insane
Except that the foul on Accari was a clear slew foot and should be called 100% of the time, no matter what the scoreboard. When I officiated soccer, the question was, did the player gain a clear advantage from the foul? If so then it must be called.

They could have called Reeves for charging Zacha, right after he hit Zacha with a very clean check along the boards. Then he charged him and hit him from behind in open ice. However, given the way the game was being called, a non-call was consistent with the level of infraction that was being penalized.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Great road win, Swayman has to be the go to the rest of the way vs Leafs. Wotherspoon had a great game, next year he and Peeke will make a great third pair. The D is so much better without Grizz.

Take it Saturday and finish them in 5 so I can sleep better.

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
Got to laugh at Leaf fans. 0/5 on PP, Marner a ghost, Samsanov couldn’t stop a short side mid height shot with no traffic because he was off his angle and it’s the refs fault 😂. They’ll never admit that they need to start looking at their stars and question their playoff capabilities
That would be a too rational way to think for that fan base, they are delusional and always will be, just like their Head Coach.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The Leafs have had 11 powerplays in 3 games & 5 last night.McAvoy took a stick right in the face plain as day as puck passed him in front no call & Monty never said nothing about it postgame.Keefe should blame his goalie not refs.. You should go bye a Leafs jersey man so you are not just trolling us.Seriously do you think people here are going to feel bad or agree with all the extra shit Marchand been putting up with.Bertuzzi engaged him first it's easy to see it & Fk Keefe & the Leafs crying about him.

Did you think any of the 5 calls against the B's last night were not penalties?

Just trying to be objective, give my opinion. Keefe is just doing what NHL coaches do in the playoffs when things aren't going their way. Trying to get an edge.

By the way, I did buy a Leafs jersey at Maple Leafs Garden back in the day. But I bought it for my son. Got him a Lightning jersey in Tampa too when they were really bad. Of course, he had a Bruins sweater when he was 1.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I think the extra day between games will help the Bruins immensely. Our top players need some rest and if true about Parry Sound, that will be perfect. Away from TO, where the Leafs will be. While the media blames reffing, they also blame some of the players, so it is a nice hornet's nest for them for a few days.

It made the local news about Monty complaining about spending more time in Toronto when Boston has home ice advantage.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Just trying to be objective, give my opinion. Keefe is just doing what NHL coaches do in the playoffs when things aren't going their way. Trying to get an edge.

By the way, I did buy a Leafs jersey at Maple Leafs Garden back in the day. But I bought it for my son. Got him a Lightning jersey in Tampa too when they were really bad. Of course, he had a Bruins sweater when he was 1.
Definitely a soft one on Lohrei.When you are over halfway through a game and they have 3 poweplays and you have one from a shooting puck over glass call then you are kind of on short end of the stick with 2 teams going at each other that hard .Anyhow I do not want to get into a back & forth about it with you & you are allowed your opinion but it seems like a bad hill to make a stand on big guy.Regardless Go Bruins.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

The roughing call on McAvoy was a total joke, but I genuinely didn't give a shit about the refs last night besides that one call. Not that they had a great night, I just didn't think it was anything out of the ordinary.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
And you were watching the Ray Ferraro version, so both fouls offset I guess. Just like Bert and Marchy's did.

One of the first rules when watching hockey:

Situation: Anyone who wants to say Bruins got away with something who then uses Ray Ferraro as their objective expert witness???? Remedy: Ignore the argument.

Why? Ray Ferraro??????? You're using Ray f***ing Ferraro??????????????:laugh: What? PK Subban ignored your call? How about Eddie O, was he busy too?

Quit digging man.

If you think Toronto didn't get better of calls last night? Good for you. Bottom line is Bruins won. Enjoy dissecting all the coulda woulda shoulda situations and let me know the outcome of your simulated playoffs of 2024.

Please don't try telling me how to watch hockey games.

I've been doing it for an awful long time.

As for Ray Ferraro, yes, he is an objective expert witness (analyst). Is Jack Edwards your idea of objective? Be serious.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Definitely a soft one on Lohrei.When you are over halfway through a game and they have 3 poweplays and you have one from a shooting puck over glass call then you are kind of on short end of the stick with 2 teams going at each other that hard .Anyhow I do not want to get into a back & forth about it with you & you are allowed your opinion but it seems like a bad hill to make a stand on big guy.Regardless Go Bruins.

Thanks!

Go Bruins.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Please don't try telling me how to watch hockey games.

I've been doing it for an awful long time.

As for Ray Ferraro, yes, he is an objective expert witness (analyst). Is Jack Edwards your idea of objective? Be serious.
I wouldn’t pick Edwards, I’d go with a mostly balanced Brick who summed it up the same way as many of us, could have matched them up or could have just let it go. I thought letting them battle was the right call, I don’t know why none of the stuff Bert did leading up to the trip get mentioned, he was giving as well as getting just fine, and pulled March down just before they crossed the blue line.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Tor & goaltending.
Okay, so Keefe needs to consider making a goaltender change.
I checked regular season stats, and Woll (.907 sv) has crappy numbers, but they are better than
Samsanov ( .890 sv) , who's regular season numbers are terrible. Why'd he go with Samsanov and
does he switch ?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The roughing call on McAvoy was a total joke, but I genuinely didn't give a shit about the refs last night besides that one call. Not that they had a great night, I just didn't think it was anything out of the ordinary.

If you think driving a guy's head into the ice while he is down is a joke, OK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad