Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 3 - Weeping and Crying in Maple Leaf Square in the springtime air - BRUINS 4 Toronto 2 ( B's lead series 2-1 )

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Lohrei or Shattmypants - You cant play both IMO. Also dont get me started when they were on the ice together for that one shift. Monty made sure that didnt happen again.

Lohrei had some holy **** scary moments last night. That Marchand goal almost didnt happen cause Lohrei gave it right to a Leaf out front of Sway and got bailed out. We are talking completely differently today about his game if that happened. Also the two penalties like them or not. Its funny how when Gryz crosschecks a guy out front and gets called, its all Gryz being bad. But when Lohrei does it, the refs are being soft.

Shattmypants could be faulted for the Knies goal albeit a nice pass by Marner. Shatt was caught in no mans land and instead of picking up Knies or the shooter, he opted to do nothing. Also of course played 10 mins total cause there wasnt any PP time.

Lohrei has bounced back from performances like that before, and of course is a kid. Id give him another crack but buddy your leash is short. Shatt can sit.

That was more than a nice pass. Adam Oates-like.

If Shattenkirk sits, someone has to play the right side that's not used to playing there.

Reactions: JCRO

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Footwork by Heinen after mucking on boards was so key to JDB's goal (who has been huuuuge in the first three). Heinen dug puck out and then made a very subtle kick to move the puck to his stick -- which allowed him to get it to Marchy - and then we know the rest. Really smart and effective. Kind of little thing that can get lost, but has huge implications.
I like DeBrusk on both PP and on wing with 88 and 18

He’s got so much talent and is a plus defender

It’s criminal he’s not 30 G 65 points with Pasta & Zacha

He’s up to 22 G this season adding playoffs

Allows Heinen to be able to play third line and be the flex guy if needed

Both Heinen & DeBrusk are key PK rotation guys

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Brad Marchand NOTED REFEREE DARLING
Was reading Leafs board - they hate him

Mike I watched Marvel at my daughter insistence - as released starting with Iron Man 2008 and finished End Game yesterday

What did you think - I thought it was very good

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
He was last night.

Both plays Toronto is whining about could have been matching minors. Instead the refs let them play. That's him getting special treatment? Or is it typical playoff hockey?

I also remember him getting crosschecked and no arm going up, but what do I know.

Was reading Leafs board - they hate him

Mike I watched Marvel at my daughter insistence - as released starting with Iron Man 2008 and finished End Game yesterday

What did you think - I thought it was very good

Infinity War was an even better in-theater experience.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I was furious when Domi knocked Swayman over.

Two things that enraged me: 1) the official holding Swayman back with no call on Domi and 2) Nobody on the Bruins jumped Domi right then & there or hammered him the following period. You can't allow something like that go unpunished. Sway could have been injured by that asshole.

Just thinking about it makes me angry all over again. :madfire:

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Those f***ing losers. They had five f***ing power plays in a home playoff game. Meanwhile their high paid stars are shitting the bed yet again, as (for what I think is the eighth time in their last nine playoff games) the team failed to score three goals. And they're crying about the refs and Brad Marchand being the reason they lost?

f***ing losers.
Blaming the refs for missed calls after failing to convert on the numerous unwarranted PPs is an interesting hill to die on. Glad Leaf fans and their coach are going to think about Marchand and nothing but Marchand for the next few days.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
  1. No playoff avatars ? Usually someone starts the idea a few weeks before playoffs. What gives ?
  2. Not reviewing all the Leafs goals, but they sure are getting some lucky bounces. Game 2 first goal was a weird bounce off the stantion right to a Leafs player that started the play that got the goal. Their 3rd goal bounced off a player , went about 20 ft to a wide open Leaf for the goal. Last nights 2nd goal pinballed around the front of the net and in. TheI understand, throw pucks at the net something may happen, understand make your own luck , but the Hockey gods are doing what they can for the Leafs.

every point spot on.
I'd say several of the Leafs goals this series have been greasy => lucky.
First goal, game 2, weird bounce on a clear around the boards right to a Leafs player then into the net. Third goal, game 2, 20 ft bounce off a player , right to Matthews, with wide open net. Then 2nd goal last night pinball off two players and in. Yeah, you make your own luck, but I think the hockey gods have helped the Leafs enough this series.

Hey, no mention of Playoff Avatars ? No interest ?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The difference in the series has been Sway. Both teams have bad play at times and good play. But Sway only has been good. The Laffs better practice PK the next two days, bc they are horrible at it. They’d be better putting out an offense unit of 4 and see if they can score shorthanded. The last 5 games or so of regular season they were also bad. It’s up around 45%

As expected.

Goaltending was the B's big advantage going in and so far, it's played out that way.

Concern over B's power play wasn't necessary.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
  1. No playoff avatars ? Usually someone starts the idea a few weeks before playoffs. What gives ?
  2. Not reviewing all the Leafs goals, but they sure are getting some lucky bounces. Game 2 first goal was a weird bounce off the stantion right to a Leafs player that started the play that got the goal. Their 3rd goal bounced off a player , went about 20 ft to a wide open Leaf for the goal. Last nights 2nd goal pinballed around the front of the net and in. TheI understand, throw pucks at the net something may happen, understand make your own luck , but the Hockey gods are doing what they can for the Leafs.

I'd say several of the Leafs goals this series have been greasy => lucky.
First goal, game 2, weird bounce on a clear around the boards right to a Leafs player then into the net. Third goal, game 2, 20 ft bounce off a player , right to Matthews, with wide open net. Then 2nd goal last night pinball off two players and in. Yeah, you make your own luck, but I think the hockey gods have helped the Leafs enough this series.

Hey, no mention of Playoff Avatars ? No interest ?

I thought the Edwards Avatar idea was hilarious

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
He was last night.
Please tell me you are not talking about that tangle with Bertuzzi.

Could a capable ref called two penalties on Marchand in that sequence? Yes.

However, that same ref (note that I used "capable") would then have to call two on Bertuzzi as well.

Anyone who doesn't see two guys equally hacking, chipping, pulling and tugging at one another is just seeing whatever he wants to see.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Well the Leafs had been targeting Marchand every game to try and get him off his game ,news flash Leafs he had been off his game for awhile,but you may have just gotten him back on his game.lol

Needs to stay out of the box the stick work is normally going to get called and he needs to avoid doing it.
Not just staying out of the box. Chasing plays behind the net when his D partner is already there and noone is out front. Also I see him making silly passes under duress in the D-Zone.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Two things that enraged me: 1) the official holding Swayman back with no call on Domi and 2) Nobody on the Bruins jumped Domi right then & there or hammered him the following period. You can't allow something like that go unpunished. Sway could have been injured by that asshole.

I didn't mind it that much. Leafs are frustrated by Swayman and are trying to get under his skin. That brush by was mild contact, no chance of him getting hurt. I would definitely be on board watching Domi get pummeled though - they are taking runs at him, but he's got his head on a swivel and spinning dramatically away from hits; saw that at least twice in the third. He seems overly concerned about his image as a " tough guy " and that's not just an observation from this series alone. Domi has a strong case of small guy syndrome, hence why he needs to get the jump on someone when engaging in a fight, going after non fighters, mocking someone's lack of hair after he kicked Domi's ass in a fight, etc etc. The guy probably wears 3 inch lifts on his shoes when he goes out to get a burger.

Reactions: Shoebottom88

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Him and Debrusk take a lot of shit on here but they both have another level come playoff time. The frustration that comes playing against him is huge over a 7 game series, think he's criminally underrated by some fans here.
I always liked Carlo. Debrusk i had my issues with. I always knew he had the talent and was frustrated when it wasnt showing on the ice. Glad it is now

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

To be fair, I think Sway saw that coming and sold it hard. Gamemanship.

Jumping Domi would have yielded yet another Leaf PP(s) and we and the refs pushed that envelope pretty hard already last night.

As it was I think it was a bit of a shifting point in game to the B's benefit anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad