Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 3 - Weeping and Crying in Maple Leaf Square in the springtime air - BRUINS 4 Toronto 2 ( B's lead series 2-1 )

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
For visiting Leafs fans:

1714039560723.jpeg

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
Huge road game to win. Bruins struggled to get any real flow or penetration in their 5v5 offense through the first two periods, crowd and officiating were against them, but they dug deep and got the W anyway. Great effort, Sway was amazing, the D held firm. Thought Lohrei and Wotherspoon both came in and did a good job. A gutsy performance all-round. Bring on Game 4!
I wouldn't have given 2 cents for their chances with 5 min left in the 2nd period; it looked like 4 straight periods without a goal, but then Freddy's seemingly-from-nowhere goal changed everything.

Freddy was outstanding. Pasta took a lot of abuse and fought all game long. His refusal to quit on the puck, even while lying on the ice, led to Jake's goal, although he didn't get an assist.

Marchy, I apologize profusely for thinking you were done before this series. The heart of a lion beats in this man. Lower Sackville's favorite son will go out on his shield.

They found some offense, and now, in the immortal words of George Costanza, are "back in business, baby!"

Also, big kudos to the ref for that courageous call on Tavares at the end. I'm always harping on refereeing the game and not the scoreboard, and that was a great example. People will say that you can't call a penalty in that situation, but you can and you must.

Last edited:

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I would have Marchand as number 1 star, Swayman second, but whatever.

But someone explain to me how Samsanov is third.
Someone go tell there fans Samsonov was 3rd. Their board was killing, Samsonov, Marner and Keefe last night more then anyone else. Nylander and Tavares got some heat too, but Samsonov, Marner and Keefe were in almost every other post in the PGT and it was ugly.

Sheldon says that Marchand always get those calls!! Bwahahahaha what a tool. He’s already lobbying for next game, he’s a weasel
There whole board seems to think the refs stole that game. I thought we got railroaded by the refs last night but now I no longer know what to think about their performance. I mean if the Leaf fans hated them that much they must not have been that bad. Right?!?

Comfort Eagle

Feb 28, 2008
Southeastern,MA
Hey is it just me or is the NHL overlaying fake crowd noise on the game highlights videos on their app? I was just watching the re-cap of the Kings/Oilers game, and it was pretty much all fake crowd noise on it. I then watched the Bruins game re-cap, and pretty much the same thing. It's like adding a laugh track to a TV show, I can't stand it. For what it's worth the app was so much better the last few seasons, and sucks now. Yes, I realize I'm old.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
When Carlo is 100% healthy, he truly is one of the best shutdown Ds in the league. He’s been great so far.
Him and Debrusk take a lot of shit on here but they both have another level come playoff time. The frustration that comes playing against him is huge over a 7 game series, think he's criminally underrated by some fans here.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
The difference in the series has been Sway. Both teams have bad play at times and good play. But Sway only has been good. The Laffs better practice PK the next two days, bc they are horrible at it. They’d be better putting out an offense unit of 4 and see if they can score shorthanded. The last 5 games or so of regular season they were also bad. It’s up around 45%

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Leafs fans whining about the refs in a game where they had 5 PPs is so incredibly on brand. Great win from the bruins, been waiting for that version of Marchand to show up and he picked a hell of a time to do it. Really feel like they found something with those new line combos too,

Him and Debrusk take a lot of shit on here but they both have another level come playoff time. The frustration that comes playing against him is huge over a u game series, think he's criminally underrated by some fans here.
Carlo will never get the respect he deserves here cause he doesn't throw out big hits or drop the gloves, but he is a very very good shutdown defenseman. So far in the playoffs Carlo has an 11% ozone start % while getting the majority of the Matthews minutes. There just aren't that many guys that can handle that kind of deployment without getting caved in, and most of them make a lot more money then Carlo does.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Tonight was the most riotous I have ever seen at Scotiabank Arena.

A woman wearing a Bruins sweater screaming at a woman wearing a Leafs' sweater and the woman suddenly had the sweater torn off completely and she then threw her beer at the woman and security tossed her.....

Everyone senses this series will go the full 7 and Game 7 is slotted for primetime on ABC on May 4th which means Jack's final game on NESN could be a Game 6 in Toronto.
NESM not doing the next series if the Bruins advance ?

Babajingo

Imagine complaining about calls in THAT game.

Eat shit, Keefe. Your team got away with everything.
He's doing the same thing Berube did in 2019. Expect the refs to come out calling everything on the Bruins, on Saturday. Saturday night playoff game in Toronto, on HNIC! refs are going to do everything they can to keep the Leafs in the game.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
Gryz gives you a vet with not much upside that is prone to rookie mistakes, Lohrei is definitely going to go on some weird missions sometimes but I noticed he gave a different look they didn’t have in games 1 and 2.

That stretch pass to send JVR on the breakaway was real sweet.

I like him in the lineup but i’m a fan boy and want him to get playoff development time

Reactions: Gordoff

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I wouldn't have given 2 cents for their chances with 5 min left in the 2nd period; it looked like 4 straight periods without a goal, but then Freddy's seemingly-from-nowhere goal changed everything.

Freddy was outstanding. Pasta took a lot of abuse and fought all game long. His refusal to quit on the puck, even while lying on the ice, led to Jake's goal, although he didn't get an assist.

Marchy, I apologize profusely for thinking you were done before this series. The heart of a lion beats in this man. Lower Sackville's favorite son will go out on his shield.

They found some offense, and now, in the immortal words of George Costanza, are "back in business, baby!"

Also, big kudos to the ref for that courageous call on Tavares at the end. I'm always harping on referring the game and not the scoreboard, and that was a great example. People will say that you can't call a penalty in that situation, but you can and you must.
Bruins really need to start plastering their best players

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
He's doing the same thing Berube did in 2019. Expect the refs to come out calling everything on the Bruins, on Saturday. Saturday night playoff game in Toronto, on HNIC! refs are going to do everything they can to keep the Leafs in the game.
They already had 5 PPs last game, can't really do much more to help the leafs then that.

Reactions: Gordoff

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Yeah when everyone is healthy my 5 who play every night are McAvoy, Lindholm, Carlo, Peeke, Forbort. And then you have 1 of Shatty/ Lohrei to give you transition an an offensive playmaker. My preference is Lohrei, but that assumes they will actually give him the PP minutes.
I think a big part of Shattenkirk getting the PP time over Lohrei or Lindholm is he’s right handed, just like McAvoy. This way they run the same formations and plays, and then parts are interchangeable from one to the next. So guys that stay on longer like Pasta do the exact same thing regardless.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Lot of crying about non calls on Marchy in Toronto this morning. Not easy to put up 3 points carrying Side Show Bert the Chimp on our back the whole game. Domi drops Sway and the refs look the other way. Keefe's whose team had 5 PPs was interviewed and all he could muster was how Marchy gets away with murder. No calls. Bruins had a good 3rd period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad