Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 3 - Weeping and Crying in Maple Leaf Square in the springtime air - BRUINS 4 Toronto 2 ( B's lead series 2-1 )

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Not surprised at all. I don't go there anymore

..the Leafs fan base and Sportsnet crew make me embarrassed to be Canadian
Thankfully my NESN feed worked for the most part tonight, but had to watch Sportsnet for a bit..Craig Simpson is terrible....whining for 2 or 3 minutes on Marchand Bertuzzi tangle...

Monty has to speak up on behalf of the Bruins, mention the Leafs 5-3 PP advantage as well as the blatant missed high stick on McAvoy, etc. Don't let Keefe set the narrative for the officials for game 4.
Agree..i always felt Cassidy let Berube carry the narrative in 2019...hurt the Bruins IMO

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Yeah, I didn't think either Spoon or Lohrei was a problem. Were they perfect ? No. But both played better than Gryz has been

And both players were on the ice for 10 more shifts than Shattenkirk, so it seems pretty clear the coach knows who the weakest link on the backend is.

Yeah I'm fine with playing Shatty because he brings some useful offensive skill to a team that doesn't get a whole lot of drive from its back end. But he needs to be sheltered in terms of his purely defensive workload and minutes. It's easier to do that when Gryz isn't there.

To me, McAvoy, Carlo and Lindholm are the locks, Peeke and Wotherspoon, and Forbort when/if he's fully healthy, are your depth grit. Only one of Shatty and Gryz should then fill out the 6 in any one game to add some transition and puck moving talent. Lohrei's a little bit harder to pin down as to his exact role, but he's in the mix depending on how the rest shapes up.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I was trying to see Sportsnet post game with their panel. Can’t find it.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Imagine complaining about calls in THAT game.

Eat shit, Keefe. Your team got away with everything.
Keefe trying to accomplish two things

First - work the refs for the rest of the series

Second- deflect attention away from how his team booted away the game

Down 1-2 and with an extra day off for the Leafs to hear the incessant howl of the Toronto media while the Bs enjoy themselves in Parry Sound- love it!

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

Down 1-2 and with an extra day off for the Leafs to hear the incessant howl of the Toronto media while the Bs enjoy themselves in Parry Sound- love it!
It worked for Berube and Ron Ron.

Monty would be wise to speak up.

Hopefully he does

Keefe trying to be Berube/Brind’amour. Problem is he’s not Craig Berube or Rod Brind’amour.
Might work just as well.

Crying Ron Ron got away with it. Craig got a cup for it.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Thankfully my NESN feed worked for the most part tonight, but had to watch Sportsnet for a bit..Craig Simpson is terrible....whining for 2 or 3 minutes on Marchand Bertuzzi tangle...
I never liked Simpson when he played for the Oilers either...he was always a whiner back then

..but now, he's even more annoying as a whiny, overly biased hockey commentator

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
I never liked Simpson when he played for the Oilers either...he was always a whiner back then

..but now, he's even more annoying as a whiny, overly biased hockey commentator
100%

Bruins are in Parry Sound before next game ?

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yeah I'm fine with playing Shatty because he brings some useful offensive skill to a team that doesn't get a whole lot of drive from its back end. But he needs to be sheltered in terms of his purely defensive workload and minutes. It's easier to do that when Gryz isn't there.

To me, McAvoy, Carlo and Lindholm are the locks, Peeke and Wotherspoon, and Forbort when/if he's fully healthy, are your depth grit. Only one of Shatty and Gryz should then fill out the 6 in any one game to add some transition and puck moving talent. Lohrei's a little bit harder to pin down as to his exact role, but he's in the mix depending on how the rest shapes up.

Yeah when everyone is healthy my 5 who play every night are McAvoy, Lindholm, Carlo, Peeke, Forbort. And then you have 1 of Shatty/ Lohrei to give you transition an an offensive playmaker. My preference is Lohrei, but that assumes they will actually give him the PP minutes.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I love how all the highlights of Freddy’s goal only show Marchand ‘tripping’ Bert, but not everything that happened in the rest of that confrontation, if there was any call there it should have been matching, but I was really pleased they just let them battle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad