ECQF Game 3: Pittsburgh Penguins (2) at Philadelphia Flyers (3) 3 PM ET | CBC, TVAS, NBC

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Are we going to break the 5+ goals for the winner trend? I say no.

Prediction? As a Pens fan, I”ll give it 5-4 Pens.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Is Letang really in? I know he had a maintenance day yesterday and Sullivan is super cagey about player statuses. That collision was brutal.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I feel like whoever wins this game will end up winning the series.

Yeh, I totally agree. If we win this one we prove it’s not a fluke in game 2 and we go on to either win or take it to seven. Lose and I think heads will drop and the Pens win in 5.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Is Letang really in? I know he had a maintenance day yesterday and Sullivan is super cagey about player statuses. That collision was brutal.

This is the playoffs, players will play even if they have broken ribs

Rich Nixon

Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
This is the playoffs, players will play even if they have broken ribs

But not concussions, these days. That's what my concern is. I don't think a cut on his palm will keep him out (though it could affect his shooting/passing) but if he got another knock he'd be out.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
But not concussions, these days. That's what my concern is. I don't think a cut on his palm will keep him out (though it could affect his shooting/passing) but if he got another knock he'd be out.

Why do you think he got a concussion? Looks more like a neck injury should have happened. This is also a guy that just came back a from a serious neck injury as well

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
3pm NBC game so i guess puck drop isnt until 325ish.

Start of this game is huge for both teams.

Zazzaro703

Mar 18, 2016
Lake Tahoe
Flyers will probably get a cold dose of Penguin Playoff reality when they somehow play a penalty free game while getting 4+ PPs of their own.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I think the series might see its first OT action today

Flyers 4
Shitbirds 3

Konecny with the OT winner

Rich Nixon

Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Why do you think he got a concussion? Looks more like a neck injury should have happened. This is also a guy that just came back a from a serious neck injury as well

I'm wondering if he did or not is all. He has a history and that was definitely an impact that could have caused one (any jarring impact can cause a concussion regardles of whether the head takes a direct hit).

Just looked really bad at real speed. I don't think anything, really, just wondering.

Rich Nixon

Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Psyched for an angry, roiling Philadelphia crowd. If the Flyers can get a solid lead this thing could be mayhem. But I'm not holding my breath.

I literally have no sense of how each one of these games will play out, very much an uneasy "anything can happen" feel. Regardless of how good of a team the Penguins are and how flawed of a team the Flyers are, there's a real sense that either one will rip the other in half during any given game of this series. I feel like we could go 7 games and each will have a 4+ goal margin of victory.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Is it 3 pm yet?!

Play tough, slow it down and come play our game... A strong start with energy and fan support would start another meltdown. Huge day for some of our young guys with their first home game, looking forward to Patrick and Konecny having big games at home.

In Moose we trust!
In Newfoundland, yes.

Rich Nixon

Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I heard as part of NBC Sports' new "Slaughter Sundays" feature, Steve Downie will be on the ice for the whole game in a neutral jersey with a mandate to run players on both teams. RATINGS.

Reactions: TNT87

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Thanks for the GDT MSE. And thanks for keeping neutral and classy!

No idea who wins this one. I think if the flyers win it’s close and OT. If the pens win it’s a blowout. I really have no idea.

Flyers need to keep on hitting the usual suspects and increase hitting on their D. Elliot has to be good. PP and PK has to be good. Going to take a lot to win so hopefully they bring a lot. Let’s go flyers!

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
These games could go either way with these teams. I think it ultimately will be a split.

Game 5 will determine the winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad