Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game 3 - It Don't Come Easy - Hogtown 4 BRUINS 2 F - Boston leads series 2-1

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
theres a reason why there are so few sweeps in playoffs. if you get more than 1 a year its beating the odds.

most series go 6 or 7... theres a lot of luck involved. officiating can easily influence a game. a hot goaltender or a bad bounce

i wish we swept but i will settle for a series win even if it takes all 7

we are still very much in driving seat

Mistah Ungah

Mar 19, 2018
Amorica
Video games are stupid

Not the Grand Theft Auto franchise. Their product is far better than any movies being made these days. Incidentally, Hollywood has been bugging the creators of the game for the rights to a film, which they wisely refuse every time.

Sorry for the off-topic....but GTA rocks!

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Mistah Ungah

Mar 19, 2018
Amorica
theres a reason why there are so few sweeps in playoffs. if you get more than 1 a year its beating the odds.

most series go 6 or 7... theres a lot of luck involved. officiating can easily influence a game. a hot goaltender or a bad bounce

Well said. There are so many factors that can help you advance or likewise lose a series. I try to tell all my football-crazy friends and co-workers how many things have to go your way, and what a hard grind it is, to win the Cup, and they all write it off. To me, the Cup is the hardest trophy to win in all of sports.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
If game 4 is another low scoring episode, I would consider tweaking the lines

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Debrusk Krejci Heinen
Rick Nash Riley Nash Backes
Schaller Kuraly Acciari
That’s too much Nash on one line . Riley is just coming back and still out of synch , Backes and Rick Nash didn’t look good last night . That combo could be a nightmare in game 4 .

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014

Agree. That's a theory often ignored, just like with Texas Hold'em, you can make good decisions in lousy situation and have little to show for or you can ride the wave of good hands, playing less good but in the end the better players prevail, on the long run.

The little things swing the momentum in this or that direction; and i believe we have those on our side.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
That’s too much Nash on one line . Riley is just coming back and still out of synch , Backes and Rick Nash didn’t look good last night . That combo could be a nightmare in game 4 .

Yes but Rick and Krejci lack chemistry. Sweeney/Cassidy have tried to forcefeed chemistry by placing two high paid players/reputation together ... and sometimes it doesn't work

Debrusk and Krejci have looked ok and we have seen some decent chemistry between Heinen and Krejci as well

I don't think anything will happen to the third line , except possibly Rick could start getting comfortable (less pressure) and score some 5 on 5 points. There is a decent chance he works well with Riley. Backes can provide room by his physicality

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Not sure if I agree that Krejci and Rick Nash lack chemistry. I mean, it takes time and he's missed a lot. I see some good things happening with them.

However, I have wondered what Nash would look like on Bergeron's RW. Not that I would do that now - the first line HAS chemistry to burn - but it's an interesting thought.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Yes but Rick and Krejci lack chemistry. Sweeney/Cassidy have tried to forcefeed chemistry by placing two high paid players/reputation together ... and sometimes it doesn't work

Debrusk and Krejci have looked ok and we have seen some decent chemistry between Heinen and Krejci as well

I don't think anything will happen to the third line , except possibly Rick could start getting comfortable (less pressure) and score some 5 on 5 points. There is a decent chance he works well with Riley. Backes can provide room by his physicality

Krejci has to be the hardest player to find the exact right mix for. In terms of styles etc. he's so fussy, needs the exact perfect "type" of winger(s) or he becomes somewhat ineffective. I'll bet if you gave Bergy two other wings, within 4-5 games they would develop tremendous chemistry. Bergy seems to study his line-mates and finds ways to accommodate his style to theirs. With DK, it has to be his way or no way IMO. It's really too bad that Ricky the N got concussed last month since it would have gone a long way in building that intangible "something" in terms of chemistry.

Reactions: rocketdan9

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL

How quickly we forget Game 1...

The DeBrusk-Krejci-Nash line was stellar in that game. Not too shabby in Game 2 either.

Now that Reilly is back, we have a fully operational Death Star of 4 solid lines. You don’t mess with that. Play our game and convert some of the insane scoring chances we created in Game 3 and we are fine.

ThomasJ13

Sep 22, 2006

The DeBrusk-Krejci-Nash line was stellar in that game. Not too shabby in Game 2 either.

Now that Reilly is back, we have a fully operational Death Star of 4 solid lines. You don’t mess with that. Play our game and convert some of the insane scoring chances we created in Game 3 and we are fine.

Not too shabby in a bunch of other games earlier this year, too. Should not (and will not) be touched for the foreseeable future.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

I also remember the DeBrusk-Krejci-Nash line being very good. Before the playoffs they did well until the injuries. Hopefully it really comes together tomorrow night, which I think it will. I can see the Bruins rolling the Leafs like the first two games.

Reactions: pgm16

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I’m not going to bash Krejci, he hasn’t looked “bad”. But he hasn’t looked great either. With Riley Nash likely will take a few games to get up to speed, this team needs a 2nd scoring line. Krejci DeBrusk Rick Nash need to get going. I’d like to see stronger offensive zone numbers. Krejci needs to shoot more. Defenders all over Rick Nash once Krejci gets the puck.

While their chemistry hasn’t been off the charts, I’d keep a Krejci and Rick Nash together. I think they’ll start to click soon. Nash missed lots of time, he’ll improve. He looked awfully slow in game 3. Looking for him to show a bit more jump. I still say Bruins in 5 or 6. They are just the better team and that’s been evident through all 3 games.

Orr Fourever

#Staysafe
Sponsor
Mar 27, 2018
The Wheat Province
000-stay-positive.jpg

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I’m not going to bash Krejci, he hasn’t looked “bad”. But he hasn’t looked great either. With Riley Nash likely will take a few games to get up to speed, this team needs a 2nd scoring line. Krejci DeBrusk Rick Nash need to get going. I’d like to see stronger offensive zone numbers. Krejci needs to shoot more. Defenders all over Rick Nash once Krejci gets the puck.

While their chemistry hasn’t been off the charts, I’d keep a Krejci and Rick Nash together. I think they’ll start to click soon. Nash missed lots of time, he’ll improve. He looked awfully slow in game 3. Looking for him to show a bit more jump. I still say Bruins in 5 or 6. They are just the better team and that’s been evident through all 3 games.

True.

They dominated game 1-2 and an uncharacteristic bad game for line 1 and many grade-A missed chances costed them in game 3.

Lots of things need to go wrong and this would be an epic fail if they don't get through this round.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
They need to stop the stretch pass ,bye the Leafs that’s really starting to hurt them,and the Leafs cycle game is really wearing them down.I have faith the Bruins will win this series,but not if the Bruins don’t address these two issues.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
I picked Bruins in 7, still think it comes to that. At the end of the day if we win one more, no matter what the Leafs need to win a game 7 vs our experienced guys in our building to take the series. Don't see it when they don't have last change.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Yeah he doesn’t look the same as before the knee injury does he.I think Chara has probably carried the puck more than him,

Charlie is looking a little stronger each game. I'll bet he has a pretty good game on Thursday.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Yeah he doesn’t look the same as before the knee injury does he.I think Chara has probably carried the puck more than him,
Which outside of his goal has been a huge issue this serious.

*Carries puck in*
*Flicks it towards the net*
*Turns it over*
*Takes a half hour to get back down the ice*

I don't want him carrying the puck, lol.

Concessionaire

That could have gone better.
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2003
New Orleans
I actually thought Charlie had his best game of the series on Monday, he was skating the puck into the offensive zone more than I recall him doing in games 1 or 2.

At this point I think it's as much about confidence as it is about physical discomfort.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
I actually thought Charlie had his best game of the series on Monday, he was skating the puck into the offensive zone more than I recall him doing in games 1 or 2.

At this point I think it's as much about confidence as it is about physical discomfort.

I have no inside info but as someone who's had 2 MCL sprains I would tend to agree. In many cases if all went well the only reason for a brace afterwards is for mental reinforcement. Add the knee to his heart issue and that would jar any 20 year old. Give him time.

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
I really felt like they all had cement in their skates for half that game. TO is a fast team, but this isn't the same slow team it was 3-4 years ago. We have speed, but we just stood there like deer caught in the headlights. Too many times I saw a Bruin standing with the puck and barely moving - you aren't going to win just standing there and trying to pass your way to the net. Obviously there's likely a lot of factors, but the loss really smells like a prime example of the B's just starting slow, and TO taking advantage of that. A lot of analysts said that was TO's main key to victory in this series. Hoping the B's start fast and strong on Thursday, and keep both the Leafs and their fans deflated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad