ECQF Game 3: Boston Bruins (2) at Toronto Maple Leafs (3) 7 PM ET | CBC, TVAS, NBCSN, NESN

Status
Not open for further replies.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Probably because of how insufferable leafs fans are before anything is proven.

See Nylander and Matthews predictions this year, and leafs fans being extremely cocky all season because of their standing. Hilarious you guys talk down to Oiler fans when you've won less playoff games then they have the past decade.

just don't tell them that.... :sarcasm:

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Holden actually looked good on the 3rd pair in Boston. Not so much when he was in the Top 4 due to injury, or on the first pair with McDonagh in NY.
Let's see tonight, I think the Leafs will feast on him.
But in honesty, he just gives me bad vibes, he,with Staal, lost a playoffs series for the Rangers, they were our 3rd pair, but coach put them as the shutdown pair. That didn't went well.

Thread The Needle

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
Nov 28, 2016
Detroit
I'm not sure where the idea that the Bruins are old or big comes from. The graphics below show they're actually young and small. In fact Toronto is both older and bigger.

NHL teams by age:

Screen-Shot-2018-01-11-at-10.48.43-PM.png

NHL teams by size

Screen-Shot-2018-01-11-at-10.49.43-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2018-01-11-at-10.50.28-PM.png
Is there a chart for softness?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
That's exactly what it is. It's okay for your side but not the other. Some serious hypocrisy and double standards.

I seriously don’t recall Bruin’s fans talking shit about the Leafs and saying what an easy matchup Toronto was going to be. In fact, the vast majority of B’s fans wanted to finish first and avoid Toronto in the first round.

A lot of Toronto fans ran their pie-holes before the series about how the Leafs schooled Boston the last two years in the regular season, and were too fast and skilled for the old, slow, one-lined Bruins. Now after an 0-2 start where Toronto has looked overmatched, you are complaining about some fans throwing it back in their faces?

:laugh:

Deal with it.

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
But in honesty, he just gives me bad vibes, he,with Staal, lost a playoffs series for the Rangers, they were our 3rd pair, but coach put them as the shutdown pair. That didn't went well.

He's a downgrade from Gryz, but he is our 3rd pairing defenseman. No one is expecting him to be a shutdown machine and the main concern is the loss of speed on the lowest pair.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Probably because a Leaf fan can fart in here without being tolled how terrible their team is and being laughed off the board. Gotta love how toxic this forum has been the last week.

What do you expect when the first few pages of the series thread had many leaf fans talking shit and expecting a blowout.

It's a natural reaction to respond in that manner when that happens.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Just have to win tonight. Bruins are prone to choking as well but I don't think they will choke a 3-0 lead like they did against Philly but stranger things have happened.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I would imagine that the majority of the game, Holden and McQuaid will be on the ice with the B’s Bottom 6, which are about as defensively responsible group as you will find in the NHL.

They most certainly will not be the shutdown pair for Boston. If Holden was the best option, he would already be in there, so there is some drop off. I’m hoping that Toronto has their hands full in their own end and is too busy worrying about the B’s forwards to feast on Holden.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I seriously don’t recall Bruin’s fans talking **** about the Leafs and saying what an easy matchup Toronto was going to be. In fact, the vast majority of B’s fans wanted to finish first and avoid Toronto in the first round.

A lot of Toronto fans ran their pie-holes before the series about how the Leafs schooled Boston the last two years in the regular season, and were too fast and skilled for the old, slow, one-lined Bruins. Now after an 0-2 start where Toronto has looked overmatched, you are complaining about some fans throwing it back in their faces?

Deal with it.

Yeah what the Leafs poster is saying absolutely didn't happen. Was definitely the other way around

Terrible wording from me. I agree with GD

Last edited:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Nonsense. Balderdash. Flimflam. Haven't you heard? They're the next Blackhawks.

In all seriousness, they got their bells rung and rung hard the first two games. They look totally outclassed right now.

The Leafs core is so young and yeah they could easily be the next Blackhawks. This series isn't going to dictate how good they can be in the future.

Bruins choked a 3-0 series lead and a 3-0 lead in Game 7 against Philly with a fully healthy lineup and Bergeron and came back next year and won the Cup. If that didn't scar them, losing in this series isn't going to hurt the Leafs. Like Matthews says, shit happens in hockey. Look to the next game and go from there.

This is just the beginning.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
prone to choking... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

that's like me saying the leafs are prone to losing in the playoffs..... :D

Are you saying that losing a series with a fully healthy lineup after leading a series 3-0 and Game 7 by 3-0 is not choking? Just making sure.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Gonna be interesting to see how Andersen plays. Should be closer than the first 2 games at least

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Are you saying that losing a series with a fully healthy lineup after leading a series 3-0 and Game 7 by 3-0 is not choking? Just making sure.

Bruins lost the series right after David Krejci broke his wrist and was out for the rest of the series. Not sure how losing your top center (he was 1A and Bergy was 1B at the time) is a fully healthy lineup.

want to see a choke job look at the Bruins leafs game 7 playoffs last time they met.

Reactions: blazenlo

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Just have to win tonight. Bruins are prone to choking as well but I don't think they will choke a 3-0 lead like they did against Philly but stranger things have happened.

Bruins this year are 24-1-3 when leading after one period and 33-0-4 when leading after two, so I’m not sure how they are “prone to choking”?

If you are referring to the 2010 or 2013 teams, then I guess it would be fair to say that the Leafs are also prone to choking after one of epic 3rd period collapses of all time in 2013?

Reactions: blazenlo

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I seriously don’t recall Bruin’s fans talking **** about the Leafs and saying what an easy matchup Toronto was going to be. In fact, the vast majority of B’s fans wanted to finish first and avoid Toronto in the first round.

Deal with it.

Last game, the guy you are addressing got so enraged, he posted twice to me that he hoped the Leafs would somehow win the game so that he could "shove it down your throat" (my throat, obviously). :laugh:
He can't deal with it...

Leafs FAN 34

Apr 16, 2018
They are like .6 of a year older on average and thats with 41 year old Chara. Bruins have 6 rookies and overall team speed seems to be no issue. Keep saying this though. Maybe wish on a star and click your heels together and Bergeron, Marchand will age 15 years and stop lighting the leafs up so hard.

speed is big issue defensive wise for the bruins some of your defense can hardly skate (Chara,Mcquaid etc) the last two games our goals for the leafs have came from skating past your defense and scoring so it is a big issue.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Bruins lost the series right after David Krejci broke his wrist and was out for the rest of the series. Not sure how losing your top center (he was 1A and Bergy was 1B at the time) is a fully healthy lineup.

want to see a choke job look at the Bruins leafs game 7 playoffs last time they met.

Sorry bud, losing Krejci doesn't change the fact that losing after leading a series 3-0 and Game 7 by 3-0 is choking. It's a prolonged choke. Don't worry though, I wasn't saying it's a bad thing.

That choke made the Bruins motivated to prove their haters wrong. It didn't scar them...they came back and won the Cup the very next year. If that loss didn't scar their core, losing to the Bruins with a young core isn't going to hurt the Leafs.

Reactions: Dangles McGavin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad