GDT: ECQF: Game 2 - New York Rangers vs Washington Capitals, 7pm ET, MSG, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Smear these D pairs on me like I'm a bagel.
pedro-monkey-puppet.gif

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I have a different take if the game gets ugly: respond heavily and beat the shit out of the caps in the fights and scrums. No turning the other cheek bullshit and hoping to score on the pp. That's what soft teams do.

We don't need to do that, the Rangers are bigger and tougher than the caps: willie won't go with Rempe so Rempe can square off with mcilrath. Once willie is tangled with an easy target like always, I want the rest of the Rangers to pummel the remaining caps, make ovenchicken, lapierre and strome drop the gloves with a Schneider or Cuylle, make fehervary and carlson defend themselves against Trouba or Goodrow while having to try and play 30 mins. And then again on the next shift. And again.

Nothing solidifies a PO run like going to war together and we have the roster to do it so if the caps want an edge, turn it into a shitshow. And then beat them on the scoreboard with the talent gap.
Really like what you said, and it makes a ton of sense. Make a TOUGH statement to the rest of the league moving forward.
One thing is for sure, this game 2, will be much more fun to watch. Same result, but with quite a different context.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
LGR!

Have an interview for a job this afternoon, hoping for a couple good outcomes today.
Nail it bro, you got this.

It's funny to see the differences in the fan bases. Caps board is so positive (the 5 of them there). Mindset seems to be, if you ignore the fact that we were beat down the entire game, we should have won.

If the Rangers played a game like that, we'd have a 7000 page thread saying it's time to trade and fire everyone.
Everybody on their board remembers their last cup win.

Reactions: Salsa Shark

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Ehhh if you’ve paid attention to his career he’s actually graded out close to or at
Elite levels.

That’s changed this year and it’s more about puck management than actual defense.
Look at my avatar. We have interacted a bunch on here bro. Do you really think i havent “paid attention to his career?” When kreids broke in i was literally a rangers columnist for nyfansonly.com (now defunct), which at the time got 100s of 1000s of weekly views.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
I have a different take if the game gets ugly: respond heavily and beat the shit out of the caps in the fights and scrums. No turning the other cheek bullshit and hoping to score on the pp. That's what soft teams do.

We don't need to do that, the Rangers are bigger and tougher than the caps: willie won't go with Rempe so Rempe can square off with mcilrath. Once willie is tangled with an easy target like always, I want the rest of the Rangers to pummel the remaining caps, make ovenchicken, lapierre and strome drop the gloves with a Schneider or Cuylle, make fehervary and carlson defend themselves against Trouba or Goodrow while having to try and play 30 mins. And then again on the next shift. And again.

Nothing solidifies a PO run like going to war together and we have the roster to do it so if the caps want an edge, turn it into a shitshow. And then beat them on the scoreboard with the talent gap.

Preach, my brother!

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Look at my avatar. We have interacted a bunch on here bro. Do you really think i havent “paid attention to his career?” When kreids broke in i was literally a rangers columnist for nyfansonly.com (now defunct), which at the time got 100s of 1000s of weekly views.

Should have chosen my words more carefully because that came off more assholish than I intended it to.

DZ puck management has been an issue for him all season. I thought he cleaned up his game a bit the last 5-6 games in the RS. It didn’t carry over, at least for that game.

Like @Machinehead said, I don’t think Roslovic helps because he’s also prone to doing the same (though he’s more of a try to dangle someone for no reason in the NZ/high OZ and turn it over kind of guy.)

All I’m saying is that he needs to be better and I don’t think it’s a massive ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad