GDT: ECQF: Game 2 - Carolina Hurricanes vs New York Islanders, 7:30pm ET, ESPN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I think the 2 days off here hurts Carolina somewhat. I do think NYI wins game 3 but probably goes quietly thereafter like 4-1/3-1 or something along those lines. If somehow they win both at home I still would not think they win this series but it would put unnecessary strain on Carolina having to go more than 4 or 5

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
We still saw tonight why CAR is not gonna beat the Rangers. Their goaltending and secondary scoring is just not good enough when you have Igor on the other side and the depth the Rangers have on offense. The Rangers to Carolina are like what Carolina is to the Isles in essense.
What? Nothing wrong with the goaltending. Stat line looks bad because Canes only allowed 12 shots but 2 of those goals were scored by guys who were left wide open in front of the net with all the time in the world. That’s not on Freddie at all. He probably would like the Horvat goal back but it was a great shot from the top of the circle.

Canes getting goals from Teuvo, Jarvis, Aho, Martinook seems like pretty balanced distribution to me…. Again… very confusing post

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Carolina just does not have what it takes against them. We've seen it already several times but the main reason is Andersen just is not good enough to win a team a cup at all. He was only reason they even were in position to lose this game today
Wait, are you stating you believe the Rangers have what it takes? How is it even possible to say that?

Has anyone on their roster won a Stanley cup? I am sure there are a couple but let’s not act like this team hasn’t shit the bed as well.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
We should totally take into account the other team's feelings when scoring an ENG.

I personally do not get it either, thats why I assume it was verbal issues. But there's dumb unwritten rules sometimes that opponents can consider excessive celebration, I am sure they'll talk about it in the postgame if asked

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
When was the last time Nelson snapped like that? He’s not the type to do that at all. 1000% Jake said something or did something cheap.

Some twitter accounts said he said "F you" I do not see it on the replay though that he says anything

BalButtercluck

Nov 22, 2017
Long Island
I am an Islander Fan, and I am done. f*** them. Canes deserved to win.

I hope you guys sweep us, Lou gets fired the second you win the series, and half our team is traded in the offseason.

I am so beyond disgusted by this game I cant even begin to explain how I feel.

But as of right now I am no longer a NY Islander fan.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Some twitter accounts said he said "F you" I do not see it on the replay though that he says anything
Had to have been earlier in the game. A F you won’t get Brock to react. He’s most likely stoned 75% of the time.

Jerkob Slavin

Likable Jerk
Mar 8, 2012
Monroe, NC
I am an Islander Fan, and I am done. f*** them. Canes deserved to win.

I hope you guys sweep us, Lou gets fired the second you win the series, and half our team is traded in the offseason.

I am so beyond disgusted by this game I cant even begin to explain how I feel.

But as of right now I am no longer a NY Islander fan.
Things don’t get interesting until someone wins a road game.

Good luck Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad