Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 2 - Back to Toronto with the series tied 1-1 - Toronto 3 BRUINS 2 F

Festy1986

Apr 23, 2018
That’s not why he’s gone

He’s gone because the organization thinks they have something in Bussi

If he didn’t exist they would be keeping both

That is the fact

So the Bruins are going to give Swayman more money than Ullmark to split their games?

Where's the logic behind that?

Swayman is going to get big money this off season from someone and he's not going to be splitting his games anymore. He's too good and entering his prime to not be getting starter money/games.

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
I don’t really think anyone as an individual has played terrible for us, everyone has moments or mistakes, but I wonder if the giveaways or failures to clear the zone are on the players or the system. This team has struggled with strong clears all year. Many times I’d rather they take an icing over a weak clearing attempt.
I agree with everything aside from the no individual played terrible. Gryz was terrible as usual. I really don’t understand Monty’s never-ending devotion to him.
It was nice to see Claude last night. It would be even nicer to see him behind the bench next year.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
Domi is .63 ppg for his career. That's higher than Zacha, Coyle and Debrusk.

The gap in BOS's D and TOR's and between the goalies is enormous, but there's no way you can say that TOR doesn't have a very clear edge in offensively talented Fs. Whether that's enough to overcome the flaws on the team is the question. I think eventually TOR's goalie(s) fail miserably.
How dare you come in here spewing facts like that spoiling a perfectly good agenda. :laugh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So the Bruins are going to give Swayman more money than Ullmark to split their games?

Where's the logic behind that?

Swayman is going to get big money this off season from someone and he's not going to be splitting his games anymore. He's too good and entering his prime to not be getting starter money/games.
I have already gone over this before - think wherever the hell you want

How dare you come in here spewing facts like that spoiling a perfectly good agenda. :laugh:
I thought you died

Not sure if you were making up for attention or it was real but glad to see you are here posting your usual awesome stuff

Welcome back

Festy1986

Apr 23, 2018

I thought you died

Not sure if you were making up for attention or it was real but glad to see you are here posting your usual awesome stuff

Welcome back

So you got nothing but unfounded conjecture and take offense to my matter of fact take. Wonderful.

Swayman isn't coming back to a team he's not the bonafide starter and this bogus take about a goalie in the wings allowing the bruins to move on from Ullmark isn't real.

You're not paying number 1 money to two goalies. It's just that simple. Especially when one of them is free to leave and doesn't have to deal with this will he or won't he be the playoff goalie when over the last 3 years he's clearly the most deserving of the two.

Think whatever the hell you want!

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023

I thought you died

Welcome back
I don’t understand? No, I’m not dead yet. I’ve undergone numerous heart procedures and am on beta blockers which often make me confused so I sometimes stay away from posting after reading my posts from the day before.
I got a bad report a few weeks ago, but we are trying different combinations to hopefully keep me around a while longer.
Thank you for your concern.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So you got nothing but unfounded conjecture and take offense to my matter of fact take. Wonderful.

Swayman isn't coming back to a team he's not the bonafide starter and this bogus take about a goalie in the wings allowing the bruins to move on from Ullmark isn't real.

You're not paying number 1 money to two goalies. It's just that simple. Especially when one of them is free to leave and doesn't have to deal with this will he or won't he be the playoff goalie when over the last 3 years he's clearly the most deserving of the two.

Think whatever the hell you want!
who’s free to leave ? I been watching all the football draft stuff

Was Swayman made a UFA after season?

I apologize I didn’t realize they granted him this

I also apologize about the fictitious bogus take on Bussi replacing Ullmark. I thought when Sweeney tried to replace Ullmark it was because he thought Bussi was a prospect. I only have a partial Providence Bruins plan so I definitely missed some of those poor Bussi starts

I’ll be better - my focus has been on the X receivers who might be there at 68 in round 3 not Swayman contract and Bussi being not NHL caliber or ready

All you need is love

John Lennon & Yoko Ono

I don’t understand? No, I’m not dead yet. I’ve undergone numerous heart procedures and am on beta blockers which often make me confused so I sometimes stay away from posting after reading my posts from the day before.
I got a bad report a few weeks ago, but we are trying different combinations to hopefully keep me around a while longer.
Thank you for your concern.
Ok good to see you here - noticed you weren’t around

Be positive we want you around for next Cup

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023

I also apologize about the fictitious bogus take on Bussi replacing Ullmark. I thought when Sweeney tried to replace Ullmark it was because he thought Bussi was a prospect. I only have a partial Providence Bruins plan so I definitely missed some of those poor Bussi starts

I’ll be better - my focus has been on the X receivers who might be there at 68 in round 3 not Swayman contract and Bussi being not NHL caliber or ready

All you need is love

John Lennon & Yoko Ono

I should still be here when the cup is hoisted in 24.

Festy1986

Apr 23, 2018

All you need is love

John Lennon & Yoko Ono

Ahh. I was unaware that Swayman was once again going to be a RFA.

Still think Ullmark is the odd man out.

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022
I agree with everything aside from the no individual played terrible. Gryz was terrible as usual. I really don’t understand Monty’s never-ending devotion to him.
It was nice to see Claude last night. It would be even nicer to see him behind the bench next year.
Nepotism. His dad is part of the "Bull Gang". Whatever?!

Still not going to win you a cup.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Reading today Milan Lucic wife filing for divorce.Sorry can't find no Looch threads .Sad stuff indeed.I could post link but don't see no point depressing everyone even more.Feel free mods to move this.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
There was no reason for them not to win last night. No Nylander. Huge advantage in goal and on defense. You need to win these games to make it a short series. They had rolled them five straight and this loss was about effort and urgency.

could and should are two different things

The bruins absolutely could have won game 2, and nearly did, it took losing a defensemen and an illegal play by Mathews to seal the deal - the bruins definitely were playing like they were going to lose regardless, but it is irritating the refs didn't take a look at that (no idea if those plays are reviewable but they should be just like offsides), he clearly closed his glove on the puck. Had it Been a bruins goal by Pasta I seriously question that Toronto war room doesnt make a call to the refs

But expecting the bruins to just win regardless is foolish, and like I said, I certainly hope the bruins don't have that mentality because it gets any team in any sport into trouble

The bruins might have statistically better goaltending and d, but that starts to become a lot more even when A) the opposition has way more offensive talent and B) are playing a style that forces the bruins to run around and constantly try to get the puck out instead of pushing the play.

I would also argue that it's worse to lose one of your defensemen during the game than it is to lose a 90 point winger ahead of time and have a full roster, especially when that defensemen's play is one of your best - but losing even Gryzz during that game puts more pressure on the 5 guys that are left.

Once I heard Peeke was out, I knew that if the Bruins pulled off a win it would show tons of guts and I would have a lot of faith in them going forward. People need to stop underestimating Toronto.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Is it Monty's devotion, or higher ups.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
We have......two guys out.

One is a 4th liner with under 20 NHL games. One is on our 3rd pairing.

View attachment 858303

Leafs are missing a dude darn near pasta level. If nothing else it sounds like we're doing well. Forbort due back and he wasn't supposed to be. Brazeau practicing. We're gonna be ok...

Andrew Peeke has been outstanding in his role. Losing him definitely hurts the team. Ditto Justin Brazeau. Both have made impacts greater than their playing slots would suggest.

Reactions: Kegs and BruinDust

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad