Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 2 - Back to Toronto with the series tied 1-1 - Toronto 3 BRUINS 2 F

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Does JVR draw back in? If Zacha and Pastrnak are going to be a two-man show, might as well have someone who can knock in rebounds and stand in front of the goalie.

The third line hasn't been great either. I see JVR/Heinen as interchangeable on Pastrnak's line and the 3rd line.

Reactions: Gordoff

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
disappointing game, their top players better than ours, I don`t want Lohrei to be pushed into duty, not sure he can handle the physicality yet, rather Wotherspoon or Forbs if he`s ready

Does JVR draw back in? If Zacha and Pastrnak are going to be a two-man show, might as well have someone who can knock in rebounds and stand in front of the goalie.

The third line hasn't been great either. I see JVR/Heinen as interchangeable on Pastrnak's line and the 3rd line.
good lord I hope JVR doesn`t draw in, simply don`t think he can keep up to this pace

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Just enjoy that we are watching playoffs games. If any of you tuned into the Vegas/Dallas game or the Oilers play and you'll realize this team has severely overachieved to get here.

The only chance the Bruins have to win this series is for the Coyle, Zacha and Marchand to prove they are top six forwards. That's it. They either establish one or the other by the time this series ends.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Not Lohrei instead of Forbort? I’m just if wondering what his conditioning will be like…..

This. For me, the Bruins always have a rookie step up in the playoffs runs and Grzelcyk out for Lohrei and perhaps Forbert in if Peake is out makes a lot of sense for me. I just have never seen Grzelcyk step up come playoff time and Lohrei should get his spot and see if he can move the puck out better.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Heinen has gone invisible. Marchand has been bad. We have no third line. Lindholm was brutalllllll. In my opinion they lost the game in the early second. They had Toronto Rattled after the late pasta goal. Came out with jump. Had 4 point blank chances and DIDN’T GET A SHOT OFF ON ANY OF THEM! The stupid extra pass or taking a second too long to shoot. They completely folded after that
I thought the Leafs did a good job on keeping the Bruins out on the perimeter in the 3rd. Bruins were feeding Pasta and he was quite far out when he shot. The shot was telegraphed a couple of times and the goalie was set and made an easy save. In these close games they are usually won in scrums around the net. Bruins have to do better at getting into the fray and bang home some goals. Next game will be telling in this series.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
good lord I hope JVR doesn`t draw in, simply don`t think he can keep up to this pace
Maroon was pretty slow last game too. I think a lot of folks also wanted to see Brazeau in the lineup (prior to injury), and he isn't the fastest. I think JVR can help, but if he's the JVR we've seen the last few games and not the JVR we saw prior to his health problems, then the Bruins are better off keeping the forwards the same.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Peeke week to week, Mason recalled,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad