Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 2 - Back to Toronto with the series tied 1-1 - Toronto 3 BRUINS 2 F

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Then push back. Go right up to the same line they do. If it gets called it gets called. And next time the officials look for it more. The Bruins did this for 7 straight against Vancouver way back when, so it’s silly to cry foul now
I don't disagree. If I am the Bruins I am going to try and respond. Make the ref call them both.

If I were the Bruins, I'd also be mentioning it to the Ref supervisor who meets with both sides post game. Keefe cried about Domi getting called for slashing and claimed Marchand does it and gets away with it.

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire
I had no problem with Ullmark's game last night. His performance is not on the list of the (many) problems we had. But hearing him say "the sun will still come out tomorrow" is extremely aggravating.

No shit Linus, but if no one cared about the wins/losses you'd be out of a job.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Game 3 Lineup hopes

Debrusk-Zacha-Pasta
Marchand-Coyle-Heinen
Geekie-Boqvist-Beecher
Maroon-Lauko-Frederic

Mac-Lindholm
Spoons-Carlo
Someone not 48 but hopefully Peeke- Shatty

Either goalie will give us all the opportunity to win so that’s a wash imo.
Leafs can beat Ullmark but not Swayman.Its a mental thing u ask me.Ullmark now 4-6-1 vs Leafs

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Forbort had TWO legitimate surgeries that he absolutely needed. And, his recovery time is FAST, not SLOW, which is what the other teams try to pull off.
What's your point? are they over the cap or not? AND how many times have we done it in the past?

What's the bid deal? stop complaining about it, some are just better at it and go out and spend to win regardless of the cap.

Owner want to go into their pockets so be it

Reactions: Dreghorn2

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
The Bruins imo just don’t have the talent to make a deep playoff run and then when you add in two too many on the ice penalties and then playing with only 4 skaters on a 6-5 pp during their first two playoff games is inexcusable and is only making it harder and can become very deflating. Obviously it isnt only the players who need to sharpen up their game.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Ullmark was very good. But that wasn't good enough.

The magic isn't coming back for Marchand. He needs simplify his game. Let Coyle or DeBrusk carry the puck more. Get the freckin' puck out of the zone instead of trying to make a play 2 feet from the blue line.

McAvoy can't let Matthews get behind him on the game winner. Yet that gets no play because it wasn't one of the whipping boy defensemen.

Matthews was the best player on the ice, hands down.

Bruins need to execute much better. Can't have passes missing by 2 feet and so many decent passes bouncing off sticks ("heavy touches" for soccer fans).

Ref griping is silly. Bruins were never getting a 2-man advantage from an after-whistle scrum. Refs called Coyle just so they could get Bertuzzi off the ice too. Too many men because Reeves kept Geekie from getting to the bench. Could have let it all go, no reason for a man advantage out of that either way. Grz cross-checked Tavares. No doubt about it. No need for it. Gets called all the time.
Great observations and points Mr. Bonvie. Domi scored his goal alone in front. Despite what fans think of this little pest he can score if given the chance. Refs are going making decisions in every game that impact the score. The Leafs have had issues scoring more than two goals. Last night they broke that issue. Bruins have to find a way to generate more scoring. This series is looking like last year's first round. Big Z says it's a marathon not a race. Hope he is right.

Last edited:

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I had no problem with Ullmark's game last night. His performance is not on the list of the (many) problems we had. But hearing him say "the sun will still come out tomorrow" is extremely aggravating.

No shit Linus, but if no one cared about the wins/losses you'd be out of a job.
That's the soft mentality this franchise has been suffering with for a while now, too many players just happy to be making millions and playing a game.

We need more Canadian kids on the roster.

Yes I said that!

gerrycheeversmask

Feb 18, 2021
Behind Enemy Lines
The 2nd period was pure torture to watch last night.
After Pasta's late 1st period goal, the Bruins should have came out flying to start the second.
The 3rd wasn't much better.

Honestly, the Bruins didn't even play that great in the 1st game. I thought they were much better in the two early March wins vs the Leafs. Lohrei and Wotherspoon played in the those two games. They need to draw back in. The Bruins have to create more offence 5 on 5. They had what, 25 shots in game one, even thought they had 5 PPs? That ain't cutting it.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I can't tell if Marchand is losing his stick handling touch or if he is dealing with some sort of wrist injury. But pucks have slipping thru his stick at a rate higher than any other point in his career that I've noticed. He's still finding ways to produce but a part of Boston's offense is missing without his ability to create offense by weaving around players and keeping possession.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I fell asleep in somewhere in the second and woke up in the 3rd when the Leafs went ahead. Took that as a sign and went to bed for real.

• Haha
Reactions: GahdenRinkRat

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
QUOTE="22Brad Park, post: 195101978, member: 76969"]
Leafs can beat Ullmark but not Swayman.Its a mental thing u ask me.Ullmark now 4-6-1 vs Leafs
[/QUOTE]

Monty a huge liability now. Worst coach in the playoffs

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I am more concerned with that first line, Heinen is hurting them big time.
Um no

It’s like going out to eat and getting a steak, baked potato, and broccoli and bitching about the broccoli ruining the meal

Heinen is a very good compliment - pasta is the guy

He is a lift all boats player

He was not dominant last night

Zacha was the best player on that line

Pasta gets a C even though he scored
Leafs are really playing physical against him ,have the Bruins even given Matthews or Marner a stern look.
it’s tough to find them - both Marner & Matthews 5 on 5 aren’t all that competitive on road - power play they feed

Too many men & refs inserting self into game cost Bruins

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Swayman 5-0 vs Leafs in career with. 569 sv % .You can't tell me Leafs hearing he was sitting never perked them up.Not blaming Ullmark but I do not understand giving the opposition any life.
definitely not on Ullmark, Monty wanted to make this series about himself and his goalie decisions. benching the 1st star of game 1 is fireable today IMO

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Swayman 5-0 vs Leafs in career with. 569 sv % .You can't tell me Leafs hearing he was sitting never perked them up.Not blaming Ullmark but I do not understand giving the opposition any life.
Nobody has crystal ball leafs might have had 5 on sway last night. Those saves by linus was ridiculous. Team didnt generate goals. I was always worried about the firepower from this team and it showed last night.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
What has happened to Hampus? He was arguably our best defenseman last year now he stinks.
He is somehwere between last year and what you see now. He's a fine second pair w Carlo IMO, but they really need a top LHD for Mac imo

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Nobody has crystal ball leafs might have had 5 on sway last night. Those saves by linus was ridiculous. Team didnt generate goals. I was always worried about the firepower from this team and it showed last night.
Yea well Monty fed Swayman to dogs last yr vs Florida in game 7 after Ullmark blew it but not same opportunity this season for him.He never even had decency to give him game 6 first

Reactions: KrejciMVP

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Brazeau back in would be so huge for us in terms of how it shifts a stinker out of the lineup, and reunites a very good line.

I don't think Lohrei is going to play his first playoff game in Toronto. Gut feel. I got the Linus start decision right. I'm gonna say Lohrei doesn't play game 3.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5