Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 2 - Back to Toronto with the series tied 1-1 - Toronto 3 BRUINS 2 F

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Regular season games and stats are all well and good, but I see playoffs as the real 'show me' for a bunch of guys in terms of whether they want to stick around with the Bruins long-term or retain the roles they've been given - Zacha, Coyle, DeBrusk, Geekie, Frederic, Boqvist, and Gryz. Heinen is a little different because he's filling a hole in the top 6 that really shouldn't be his responsibility, which can be both a blessing and a curse and makes his performance more difficult to judge.

As for the rest, early days but only DeBrusk and probably Boqvist get clear ticks so far. Gryz has had one good game and one not so much. The others have some work to do.

Obviously the most pressing thing is simply to win games, but looking longer-term I'm wanting to see how these sorts of players shape up when it matters most.
The Grzelcyk penalty was horrible- it was an NBA type call

Marchand’s just getting older and probably worn down but he’s still very good overall

Need him & Pasta to come out focused and drive that line

We need the best version of ‘I’m in Canada Jake DeBrusk’ next two games

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Lauko has very limited offensive skill, I have been saying this all year.
The only option we have at this time is to insert JVR instead?
Having JVR and Maroon playing really down grades our speed.
Hopefully Lysell can replace Lauko next year.

The Grzelcyk was horrible- it was an NBA type call
No kidding, you could see Taveras fall to the ice dramatically when he felt the stick on the back.
Ref should have called JT for diving.
Terrible call.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024

No kidding, you could see Taveras fall to the ice dramatically when he felt the stick on the back.
Terrible call.

Brazeau hopefully soon-ish. But not soon enough.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
We’re just so outmanned at forward. Heinen, Boqvist, Beecher, Frederic, Maroon, Lauko, and Geekie all wouldn’t crack the Leafs top 9 once Nylander is back.

We have to win with our goaltending and defense, and if our defense is going to play like that then we’re in trouble.
Yes and all those you named combined do not make salary wise as much as Toronto's top six.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
18 Mil compared 3.75 , come on even you are better than that.
Its the rules what difference does it make how much you go over, my point was the Bruins are doing it as well.

They all do it, The Knights and Tampa do it with style with studs the Bruins do it with depth

Even Im better than that? What does that even mean?

Reactions: Dr Quincy

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Terrible call.
It was the only call the regulars I know in my area in unison seemed to have a collective ‘are you shitting me ref’

It can’t be fixed but the league preferred Toronto win last night and I’m sure would love a split in Toronto

If I was commissioner I want 7 games here

As I Bruins fan paying for games 4 game Bruins sweep or Bruins in 5 or if can’t get that 6

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Yes and all those you named combined do not make salary wise as much as Toronto's top six.
Who’s Leafs vaunted top 9?

What am I missing here ?

Matthews
Nylander
Marner
Taveras
Bertuzzi

Who are these other Leafs better than most of Bostons guys and don’t embarrass yourself saying Domi and Kneis (yet)

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Am I wrong, but it seems to me Samsonov was giving up some juicy rebounds but no Bruins even close to scoop one up and burying one.
For sure. In tight he made some great saves too though. Just need to lay more rubber on the guy

Reactions: BMC

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Heinen has gone invisible. Marchand has been bad. We have no third line. Lindholm was brutalllllll. In my opinion they lost the game in the early second. They had Toronto Rattled after the late pasta goal. Came out with jump. Had 4 point blank chances and DIDN’T GET A SHOT OFF ON ANY OF THEM! The stupid extra pass or taking a second too long to shoot. They completely folded after that
Put Beecher between Freddy and Geekie, and get Pasta and Zacka a wing, not named Heinen.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Billy and Razor* mentioned it on MorningBru this morning.

That first too many men call was brutal to take. Killed momentum and they were pretty sure the kill of that penalty was when Peeke got injured.

You just cant take those kinds of penalties.

Last edited:

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
On to Toronto. Knew they were not going to make it easy on themselves or us. My biggest takeaway was I never want to see Grizlyk and Shattenkirk on the ice at the same time ever again.

Hopefully Peeke is OK, they need him.
I would not want them even dressed for the same game, although I do feel Shattenkirk has helped the PP.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I am more concerned with that first line, Heinen is hurting them big time.
Um no

It’s like going out to eat and getting a steak, baked potato, and broccoli and bitching about the broccoli ruining the meal

Heinen is a very good compliment - pasta is the guy

He is a lift all boats player

He was not dominant last night

Zacha was the best player on that line

Pasta gets a C grade even though he scored

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Forbort wasn't expected this year :sarcasm:
But that was a long term expectation,he must have recovered quicker than expected from the surgery ,I think it’s different for a short term expectations.

Billy and Jaffe mentioned it on MorningBru this morning.

That first too many men call was brutal to take. Killed momentum and they were pretty sure the kill of that penalty was when Peeke got injured.

You just cant take those kinds of penalties.
It’s kind of a Bruins tradition isn’t it.Lol

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Um no

It’s like going out to eat and getting a steak, baked potato, and broccoli and bitching about the broccoli ruining the meal

Leafs are really playing physical against him ,have the Bruins even given Matthews or Marner a stern look.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Um no

Pastrnak hasn’t been very good these first two games. He usually looks like he’s having the time of his life out there, especially when he scores. His body language last night was crazy dull. Need a little more excitement from these guys!

Reactions: DKH

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Few people mentioned 7D. I was thinking that in game. Only for games in Toronto.
Dress Linus as a D. jk...

The thing that most pissed me of was the 2 Too many men. Terrible penalty to take...especially in the playoffs...and then they did it twice. :help:

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Someone should show the Bruins this just in case they need any more reasons to dispatch the Leafs. This was last year.

Oh you have no idea what it’s like here in Leaf land ,the reason many of us wanted nothing to do with them this round ,it will be an absolute nightmare for us if they win. How hard is it to get a visa I may need to move there,although I guess I could just wonder over and stay. Lol

Dress Linus as a D. jk...

The thing that most pissed me of was the 2 Too many men. Terrible penalty to take...especially in the playoffs...and then they did it twice. :help:
Traditions continue I guess

Reactions: lopey and Alicat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad