Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 2 - Back to Toronto with the series tied 1-1 - Toronto 3 BRUINS 2 F

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Got outworked by the leafs. Leafs had a better forecheck than we did, were quicker to the puck and won more board battles. After the leafs first goal we stopped hitting and lost our forecheck while they found theirs (AM’s goal a perfect example - D-man had all day to stand there with the puck. We dumped and changed rather than dumped and chased). Not going to win in the playoffs when you get out worked by the leafs. So you better outwork them in TO.
That’s a good summery

Once Bruins lose a D they get dominated when there pairs are messed up

Gsme 2 2019 Blues - Grzelcyk concussed
Game 4 2019 Blues - Chara jaw broken

Once Peeke gone chaos no flow

Bruins still led but 2 horrific penalties

Ullmark made several great saves to keep in

They are a better road team anyways

Fabian Lysell can play both wings 😳
not even sure here

Reactions: BTO and NeelyDan

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Heinen has gone invisible. Marchand has been bad. We have no third line. Lindholm was brutalllllll. In my opinion they lost the game in the early second. They had Toronto Rattled after the late pasta goal. Came out with jump. Had 4 point blank chances and DIDN’T GET A SHOT OFF ON ANY OF THEM! The stupid extra pass or taking a second too long to shoot. They completely folded after that
This team’s reluctance to shoot just baffles me .

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Sure looked liked it to me and carried it a stride or two.

Exactly, from a personal standpoint he kinda did me a favor because after a certain point I thought losing that game was inevitable and I feared staying up until 11 watching overtime only for them to lose and then having to get up at 6, but, rules are rules. If pasta did that and it was called I’d have no issue with it. Can’t close your glove on a puck

If the bruins end up losing in game 7, plays like that matter big time

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Toronto's attack looks much more structured. Bruins are forechecking hard and creating possessions but seem like they don't know what to do once they have the puck. Lots of good rebound chances last night with no one in a spot to capitalize. Was definitely a winnable game if they get a lucky bounce or two.

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’m a bid Linus guy and he played much better then team infront of me

But the team has more jump at times with Swayman

Swayman is the dawg long term and Bussi ‘my people’ tell me is the real deal and Sweeney & Co knows this and why would have dealt yllmark at Trade Deadline

I go Swayman Wednesday and if he wins and is good he’s back in Saturday

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I believe he is playing with an injury and has been for a few weeks.
Sure looks like something for sure ,but I guess something that time off wasn’t going to help ,he doesn’t seem to have his shot,can’t remember the last time he ripped on top corner,even last night late on the PP I thought he would rip one but looked like he tried to pass it down low.Just not himself that’s for sure.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Living in South Western Ontario nothing but Leaf coverage. I understand that. Last night was nothing but Leafs did this leafs did that. Samsonov has found his groove. Hall of Fame...lol.
Matthews with the highlife of the night. Just unbearable. The Leafs are the greatest team of all time. Please Bruins put them out of their misery.
Bruins scored a goal in the first game. Instead of showing the replay they show a Mathew's chance on goal first. Sometimes I have to mute the tv the air is so thick with ridiculous Leaf talk. There are still a few Leaf fans left that were in diapers the last time they won a cup. There will be a lot of the present ones wearing diapers before they win the next one.

Reactions: LondonKnightsRule

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Bruins scored a goal in the first game. Instead of showing the replay they show a Mathew's chance on goal first. Sometimes I have to mute the tv the air is so thick with ridiculous Leaf talk. There are still a few Leaf fans left that were in diapers the last time they won a cup. There will be a lot of the present ones wearing diapers before they win the next one.
I watched the game on line to get the NESM feed picture not as good but better than watching SportsNet ,but why the hell does NESM have to show all the Leaf fans especially after they score.

Reactions: bobber

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024

Swayman is the dawg long term and Bussi ‘my people’ tell me is the real deal and Sweeney & Co knows this and why would have dealt yllmark at Trade Deadline

If Sway goes to steal one in Toronto, you gotta keep him in. Even I accept that.

What'll be more interesting is if he loses a 2-1 type game.

Reactions: BTO and sarge88

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario

I’m so happy we have you on our side

Reactions: SwayHeyKid

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Well that sucked.

Linus was very good last night or the score would have been a lot worse. Losing Peeke scrambled the D pairings & not for the better. I hope his injury doesn't keep him out.

Stop. passing. the. puck. when. you. can. take. a. shot. Like other posters I'm completely baffled as to this reluctance to shoot. I thought forwards liked to score goals??? No? :dunno: :huh:

On to Game 3.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Also feels like our guys really gripping their sticks hard.

Marchy wiffed on a bunch, Debrusk too. Pucks right there in front. But they seemed nervous about it. The great ones slow the game down. Guys it'l be ok, breath.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Be better:

Lauko
Marchand
Heinen
Gryz
Zacha (in some key spots)
Charlie
Maroon

I think they passed on too many point shots too
I think that Gryz is a good hockey player, smart can skate , and has skill, but come playoffs as much as he wants to get the job done and it is not his heart, just physically capable of playing the heavy game that the playoffs bring. Heinen is invisible, and saw this coming not a asset for that first line. Sadly, Marchand has aged before our eyes. I don't know what the hell you are watching when you comment on Coyle, but I watched a player that was doing everything possible to help his team. I don't if we get Peeke back, but Wortherspoon should be in the lineup no matter what, I wanted a defenseman since camp and now not getting help is showing and not in a kind way.

Reactions: BMC

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
I think that Gryz is a good hockey player, smart can skate , and has skill, but come playoffs as much as he wants to get the job done and it is not his heart, just physically capable of playing the heavy game that the playoffs bring. Heinen is invisible, and saw this coming not a asset for that first line. Sadly, Marchand has aged before our eyes. I don't know what the hell you are watching when you comment on Coyle, but I watched a player that was doing everything possible to help his team. I don't if we get Peeke back, but Wortherspoon should be in the lineup no matter what, I wanted a defenseman since camp and now not getting help is showing and not in a kind way.

The other Charlie

I liked Coyle's game too. I think the consensus is everyone calls 73 "Charlie". Coyle on here is Coyle.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Regular season games and stats are all well and good, but I see playoffs as the real 'show me' for a bunch of guys in terms of whether they want to stick around with the Bruins long-term or retain the roles they've been given - Zacha, Coyle, DeBrusk, Geekie, Frederic, Boqvist, and Gryz. Heinen is a little different because he's filling a hole in the top 6 that really shouldn't be his responsibility, which can be both a blessing and a curse and makes his performance more difficult to judge.

As for the rest, early days but only DeBrusk and probably Boqvist get clear ticks so far. Gryz has had one good game and one not so much. The others have some work to do.

Obviously the most pressing thing is simply to win games, but looking longer-term I'm wanting to see how these sorts of players shape up when it matters most.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Also feels like our guys really gripping their sticks hard.

Marchy wiffed on a bunch, Debrusk too. Pucks right there in front. But they seemed nervous about it. The great ones slow the game down. Guys it'l be ok, breath.
Marchy had what I would call three high danger chances and couldnt capitalize.

His compete was there all night. But man they needed those from their captain. When he scores you can feel it often set a tone across the team.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Regular season games and stats are all well and good, but I see playoffs as the real 'show me' for a bunch of guys in terms of whether they want to stick around with the Bruins long-term or retain the roles they've been given - Zacha, Coyle, DeBrusk, Geekie, Frederic, Boqvist, and Gryz. Heinen is a little different because he's filling a hole in the top 6 that really shouldn't be his responsibility, which can be both a blessing and a curse and makes his performance more difficult to judge.

As for the rest, early days but only DeBrusk and probably Boqvist get clear ticks so far. Gryz has had one good game and one not so much. The others have some work to do.

Obviously the most pressing thing is simply to win games, but looking longer-term I'm wanting to see how these sorts of players shape up when it matters most.
Freddy is the big one for me if he has another no show playoffs like the last two ,is it time to move on for him ?

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Leafs forcheck is what did Tampa in last season there quick and move the puck,around well.
Yes, but there is absolutely no reason why the Bruins can’t do that too. They started off doing it, but I think that the leafs first goal deflated them and gave the leafs more jump. In any event, get the puck in deep against them and they’ll cough it up too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad