GDT: ECQF Game 1 | Ending Edwards | Leafs vs Bruins 8pm EST | SN, CBC, TVAS, NESN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
This is going to be a lot about coaching and goaltending I think.

If Marner has some space and can win his matchups, if Nylander can drive his own line and if Domi can get into marchands feelings the bruins only hope is their goaltending.

Leafs need to worry about 1 line, bruins should have all they can handle trying to stop all 4 of ours.

And the top line the bruins have …. can’t compete with ours. Their depth is worse than ours.

This is Keefe’s come to Jesus moment, the players will cook, Keefe needs to put them in the best position to win.

I think the 2011-2024 Boston dies in this series
I don't think it will even be that complicated. Just a lot of close games where the Leafs will win because of their ability to generate chances.

Reactions: Strangle

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
This is going to be a lot about coaching and goaltending I think.

If Marner has some space and can win his matchups, if Nylander can drive his own line and if Domi can get into marchands feelings the bruins only hope is their goaltending.

Leafs need to worry about 1 line, bruins should have all they can handle trying to stop all 4 of ours.

And the top line the bruins have …. can’t compete with ours. Their depth is worse than ours.

This is Keefe’s come to Jesus moment, the players will cook, Keefe needs to put them in the best position to win.

I think the 2011-2024 Boston dies in this series
If it does, then our skill up front needs to dominate or we are done. On paper they have two Vezina candidates and we have a fragile goalie the Caps threw to the curb and we put on waivers.

I doubt Keefe can outcoach Monty.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
It feels like it's been so long since the last post-season. O'Reilly a distant memory.

This is a new team, full of a lot more muscle, and the first 69 goal scorer since Mario himself.

The past doesn't matter to this group. I'm hoping they start on time, and put their skates to the throats of our old nemesis right out of the gate.

It's playoff hockey time boys and girls. Lets enjoy it while it lasts, hopefully until June.

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
voodoo-doll-boston-bruins.gif

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
On paper this is accurate, only difference is you know the Bruins forwards are gonna show up. I honestly have no idea what to expect from our core. They may put up 3 points each or they may shrivel the first time they take a hit.
I would expect Marner to shrivel, Nylander will avoid getting hit at all costs, but I just have a feeling that Matthews will be taking it to the next level these playoffs. McMann is going to be missed, so Knies especially, and Robertson assuming he gets in, will have to step it up.
Loving the toughness McCabe is playing with, and hoping Edmundson is fully healthy.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Let's see if they can flip the switch. I hope so.
Boston played about as well as Toronto down the stretch. All of those games will be forgotten five minutes into this game. Leafs will win two close games in Boston, including game 5, and this series will end in five games.

• Haha
Reactions: ToneDog

Brad3277

Jul 13, 2004
West Hartford
Good luck. Should be a fun series. Like him or not, celebrating someone being forced into retirement because of an undiagnosed neurological condition is poor form. I spend time every year in Port Carling and Mississauga. You're better than this.

Reactions: lopey

mogs

Jan 11, 2007
Jasper AB
Ah playoffs, one of the few times a few I can feel good about living in Alberta. Mountain time is the best time zone for playoff viewing. Go Leafs! And since I live in Oilers region, go Kings.

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
is Nylander in or out at this point?

If he “played” Game 82 and isn’t ready to go tonight, well that’s really something isn’t it
I don't mind if he's in if he looks like he's trying + isn't on the ice for 3+ goals against. Otherwise I hope he sits. One mess-up and you staple him to the bench.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I would expect Marner to shrivel, Nylander will avoid getting hit at all costs, but I just have a feeling that Matthews will be taking it to the next level these playoffs. McMann is going to be missed, so Knies especially, and Robertson assuming he gets in, will have to step it up.
Loving the toughness McCabe is playing with, and hoping Edmundson is fully healthy.
What have they done in the season to make you expect anything else? They takes hits but have they ever thrown one?

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
is Nylander in or out at this point?

If he “played” Game 82 and isn’t ready to go tonight, well that’s really something isn’t it
Keefe said he and McCann are "available". My guess is he gave Nylander a day off to get the shambles out of his head but McCann is not ready.

Reactions: Rob Brown
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad