• Screenshot_20240420_200500_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240420_200500_Chrome.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
The diving by the Hurricanes players was an embarrassment. They should be ashamed of themselves.

It’s wild because if you ask the fans of all the teams the Canes have beaten in the playoffs the last 5 years, every single one of them have blamed the refs! Crazy! You’d think the Canes would have played one single game in 5 playoff appearances that wasn’t directly decided by poor officiating, but here we are! Why isn’t Bettman doing something about this???

IronCladCane

Apr 15, 2024
A tip of the cap to you! They showed it from a back angle at the first intermission and Lee's knee took out Skjei's right leg (unintentionally) right before he hooked him with his arm up high. That's why Skjei went down so easily, he was on one leg at the time. Probably 20 people on here screaming about a dive and you were the only one who interpreted the play correctly. If I didn't know better I'd think maybe you even reffed at one time, lol.

[Slavin did embellish on the slash, but making that slash nowhere near the play to even allow the ref a chance to make that call was pretty stupid]
I saw it from ice level their skates 100% got caught up ignore the pisles fans they will be doing a lot of complaining..

Two crappy periods from the Canes and they could still only manage one goal.... this will be over quickly.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I'm suggesting that the some of the Carolina players were flopping around like fish.

You're not wrong.

The flopping didn't cause Dobson to shoot the puck a foot off the ice with 70% of the net to shoot at or for Palmeri to completely beef a basically empty net opportunity. This game was for the there for the Isles to take even with the embarrassing flopping.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
It’s wild because if you ask the fans of all the teams the Canes have beaten in the playoffs the last 5 years, every single one of them have blamed the refs! Crazy! You’d think the Canes would have played one single game in 5 playoff appearances that wasn’t directly decided by poor officiating, but here we are! Why isn’t Bettman doing something about this???
First of all, I am not blaming the refs. Never do. It is useless and over time, all the calls even out. I always say, it is a game played by humans and reffed by humans. I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories and if a ref makes a mistake, it is part of the game. So it goes.

I was only commenting on the diving. I don't like it. I don't like it when my team does it either. That is all.

I thought the Isles outplayed the Canes for the most part tonight. But failed to capitalize. Carolina finished their chances and deserved the W. Good game.

Hoping for a long, tight series.

You're not wrong.

The flopping didn't cause Dobson to shoot the puck a foot off the ice with 70% of the net to shoot at or for Palmeri to completely beef a basically empty net opportunity. This game was for the there for the Isles to take even with the embarrassing flopping.
no doubt

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
That felt, after 2, like one of those college football games where middle tennessee state is somehow tied with oklahoma at halftime, then oklahoma pullls away and wins by 28 with 24 in the 4th.

Kinda went that way.
Carolina effectively won by a single goal.

Although I disagree (the pisles had a measly 1.3 goals expected) pre game all we heard was that Varlomov gave them the goalie advantage.
Isles do have the goalie advantage, but obviously one game is a small sample that anything could happen in.

Anderson was good for this one game, yes.

IronCladCane

Apr 15, 2024
Carolina effectively won by a single goal.

Isles do have the goalie advantage, but obviously one game is a small sample that anything could happen in.

Anderson was good for this one game, yes.
NY effectively got shut out two periods and only managed a measly goal (which was flukey as hell on top of that) this was the worst you will see the Canes play this series and the storm still covered the spread.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Canes looked bad for most of the game, that was the Isles chance to steal a game and they couldn’t. Canes will be much better next game.

Reactions: HolyHagelin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad