GDT: ECQF GAME 1 8:14 PM ET - TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS (A3) @ BOSTON BRUINS - CBC, TBS, TruTV, TVAS, NESN (New England)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
You posted one single game as evidence of the Leafs being "helped" by the refs as some kind of gotcha. You are arguing yourself in circles. Enjoy the series little fella.
The refs clearly did help the leafs there 3 times in an elimination game for Boston. Boston still won so it doesn’t matter now. I don’t see how I am arguing myself in circles but the part that makes this a “gotcha” is that Leaf fans cannot provide any evidence to the contrary after whining about how the refs will favour Boston.

I am literally just doing this to piss people off. Should be a fun series.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
8i04mf.gif

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I know I like to troll the leafs at times…. And since I am joining the bruins fan base for 3rd playoff in a row

I’d like to say good luck to the leafs and their fans and may the better team win! Hoping for some exciting hockey between the 2 teams

*back to trolling*

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Bad look for the Leafs if Nylander was hurt last game and they played him. Or he got injured because he played in a meaningless game just to get Matthews 70 goals.

Pretty bad look
The key to the leafs having a successful season is not winning a Stanley Cup but for Matthews to look great.
Papi? No.
Mr. 69? Yes.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
You posted one single game as evidence of the Leafs being "helped" by the refs as some kind of gotcha. You are arguing yourself in circles. Enjoy the series little fella.

We will certainly be seeing the same as a few Leafs fans love to excuse Kadri by blaming Debrusk for... nothing... in a single game sample size a decade ago as evidence the refs help the Bruins. It goes both ways.

• Haha
Reactions: jgatie

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
I'd hope they sit this one out, or just full out troll both teams while being a basement dweller for the foreseable future?

Leafs haven't improved their goaltending, and I have no idea why (Samsonov has a sub .900 save %), and Matthews still needs to prove he isn't a ghost in the playoffs.

Enjoy your postseason while you can.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Nylander is playoff MVP for the Leafs, obviously it’s a big loss for them.

post-20124-you-know-nothing-Jon-Snow-gif-wSTl.gif

Matthews & Tavares vs Coyle & Zacha? Talk about a mismatch. Leafs strength down the middle should win this series for them unless Swayman stands on his head. 24 million vs 9 million in cap hit.

The only prayer these Boston bitches have is their goaltending or hoping the leafs beat themselves

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Leafs haven't improved their goaltending, and I have no idea why (Samsonov has a sub .900 save %), and Matthews still needs to prove he isn't a ghost in the playoffs.

Pretty sure it's hard to find "elite" level goaltending the past few years.

I guess the Bruins have that? Lucky you.

They're just not out there...........

Boston is my favorite city in the USA btw. I'm talking about the city though.

Strangle

May 4, 2009

Looking at Matthews last year is stupid. He was obviously injured and scored 7 goals less than pasta during the season.

IE, a career low year for him

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Pretty sure it's hard to find "elite" level goaltending the past few years.

I guess the Bruins have that? Lucky you.

They're just not out there...........

Boston is my favorite city in the USA btw. I'm talking about the city though.

The bruins have great goaltending but terrible centers

They have okay wingers, but the leafs have elite centers and wings

The leafs have 4 lines and the B’s have 1/2 of 2 lines

On defense the B’s have 1 very good pair and then garbage, the leafs have 2 ‘good’ pairs and one shakey one

On paper this is a mismatch, the only advantages that Boston can hope to have is wishing their big bad rep gets into the leafs heads and their goaltender puts on a show of the century

Not gonna happen.

Leafs ended Tampa’s run, now they’re gonna burn the bruins, then they’ll dismantle Florida and they’ll have beaten all of the competition in the atlantic

Then it’s on to the other divisions

Reactions: Summer Rose

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Here’s to a hard, clean hitting series. Lots of good plays, saves and goals. Domi vs Marchand will be entertaining. If Samsonov can play like he can, Leafs in 6. It’d be ok to finally win a game 7 against the B’s too.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Anyone posting “it’s over” after the first game, can …. Ahhhhh I can’t say it

But you know who you are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad