Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 1 4/20 8:14 PM - THE BEAR has the leafblower ready - NESN, NESN 4K, CBC, TBS, TruTV, MAX, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
The biggest challenging for the Bruins playing any Canadian-based team in the playoffs is the officiating. We've seen it with the Leafs. We've seen it against the Habs. We saw it in 2011 against Vancouver. We also saw it against the Senators in 2017.

The refs always favor the Canadian-based teams when playing the Bruins.

I don't know man, after the Canucks pulled their bullshit in 2011; biting Bergeron, knocking out Horton, diving, etc., the refs pretty much said "If that's the way you want to play, have at it!", which greatly favored the Bruins tough guys vs. the Canucks fake tough guys.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Why would a ref care who wins? They're trying to make split second calls at the highest level of hockey in the world. I think they just want to do the best job they can so that they get chosen to work more games.

Ref complaining in all sports is just a thing, though, I guess.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
If you look at penalty minutes from last year's playoffs, the Bruins had 139 mins (7 games but still 7th place overall), the Leafs had 110 mins (11 games - 11th place).....but they still think they are penalized unfairly.

Reactions: lopey

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
If you look at penalty minutes from last year's playoffs, the Bruins had 139 mins (7 games but still 7th place overall), the Leafs had 110 mins (11 games - 11th place).....but they still think they are penalized unfairly.

There was actually one goofy Leaf fan who claimed the Bruins may receive more penalties, but it was only when the game was out of hand, or they deserved many more than they get, but the refs try to hide the fact they favor them by giving them more than other teams but less than they deserve.

Or some other such rot. That guy lost me about 3 posts in. After that I don't know what his claims were.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I don't know man, after the Canucks pulled their bullshit in 2011; biting Bergeron, knocking out Horton, diving, etc., the refs pretty much said "If that's the way you want to play, have at it!", which greatly favored the Bruins tough guys vs. the Canucks fake tough guys.

Yeah you're right. Bit of an exaggeration including the Canucks series. Goes to show how disliked that "Nucks team was.

I still despise playing any Canadian teams. I almost stopped watching the NHL/Bruins in 2017 vs. Ottawa I was that perturbed at the officiating.

Probably sulking because he got dropped to RW on the 3rd line.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

images.jpg

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I don't know which Bruins team will show up. But I hope its the forechecking one. You have to get nasty. You HAVE to be physical. Limit the giveaways. Pass with purpose. Stop the fancy shit. Take it to the net. Shoot the puck. Relentless. I want to see relentless skating. I want them to  want it. So that's what I expect. No excuses.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad