Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
0-4 in game 7s he has reffed according to what I read this morning. I get the whole Leafs choke in game 7s, but it's not a good look for the NHL if they keep trotting McCauley out for Toronto playoff games, especially given their record in games he refs. Plenty of refs to choose from.

Out of genuine curiosity, who would you select as the four officials for tomorrow night?

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
He was holding the stick, so if the refs did their job, Boston would have been on the PK.

Speaking of 5 and a game, McAvoy headshot ?
Should have been a 2 min penalty each: Holmberg for boarding and Lohrei for holding.

Earlier this year. He's literally standing like 4 feet away from the play watching it happen, Lily misses significant time, no call. I just can't stand this guy. One or two missed calls sure, but it seems like there are a significant amount of dirty plays like that to go uncalled whenever he is officiating our games, always in favor of the opposition.

Also he likes to be the center of attention all the time. Guys straight up trash at his job.

He went too far this series early on and embarrassed the refs. Now the calls are going against him + they're ignoring his obvious dives.

Reactions: AvroArrow

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Out of genuine curiosity, who would you select as the four officials for tomorrow night?
There's only 2 officials who I genuinely believe throw games in the NHL, Wes McCauley and Chris Lee. I don't even know the names of most of the other refs if I'm being completely honest with you.

I'll even settle for Lee, he's still not as bad as Wes, but like literally anybody else just not him.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Strangle

May 4, 2009
The image is still damn funny. Clown him (and me) when the Leafs win the cup, not after they won game 6 of the first round smh.

And you'd still want him on your team just like the other 31 GMs

I hate the Sens just as much as the next guy btw

Maybe hold your chirps until the habs can even make the playoffs, not to mention win a Stanley cup

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
curious to see how leafs fans are feeling, do you feel confident for game 7 or do you still have PTSD?
100% PTSD.

Apologies for the Woll reference, but I'm shitting bricks.

I don't feel anything this year, so I guess relaxed/calm ? Even for game 6, didn't have that nervous energy like years past.
Yeah, I'm nervous but I kind of wrote them off after that Game 4 performance. I wasn't expecting this the way that game went, especially without you-know-who.

Reactions: Over the volcano

goeb

Oct 24, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
So it I possible for the Leafs to come back from a 3-1 deficit and lose for the third time in about 10 years.

I don't like the Leafs, but damn, it would be so frustrating is they lose game 7 again to the Bruins in this situation.

Aside from playing the Leafs, I don't believe the Bruins recent game 7 performances have been any good. I think they have lost the last 3, if memory serves me correctly.

Also, whichever coach loses could very well lose their job.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
Domi is a Bruins killer. He has been as advertised and I wish the Bruins had signed him just to avoid his abilities against them. But the other nostalgic part of me loved seeing him in Toronto with the Domi on the back of the Blue jersey again.
Plus papa domi has been at a lot of games recently watching him which is cool to see. It's funny how frustrated he gets seeing little domi fighting though lol

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
curious to see how leafs fans are feeling, do you feel confident for game 7 or do you still have PTSD?
I expect us to play our worst game of the series and lose 4-1

We're like 0-5 in game 7, easier to assume the same old story will continue

Reactions: Peasy

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
if the Leafs pull this off, I will be the first to admit that, especially coming at the expense of the Bruins, they will have had their retribution and can close a very ugly chapter
The Leafs fan in me can't help but think I'm just getting set up for a much harder shot to the nuts in game 7 than it would have been if they lost in 5 or 6. I know you aren't a Leafs fan but my god would I be happy if they found a way to actually break through this year and at least get over the Bruins demons.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

Earlier this year. He's literally standing like 4 feet away from the play watching it happen, Lily misses significant time, no call. I just can't stand this guy. One or two missed calls sure, but it seems like there are a significant amount of dirty plays like that to go uncalled whenever he is officiating our games, always in favor of the opposition.

Also he likes to be the center of attention all the time. Guys straight up trash at his job.

No call because there was no penalty there.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
No. It's just the Bruins without Patrice and a crappy coach.

You have to give the Leafs credit. They held the Bruins to just 1 shot in the 1st period. They did a excellent job of clogging up the middle of the ice and getting in front of shots. How often do we see teams held to just one shot In a full period?

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Seen this in 2013, 2018 as well...Bruins choke a big 3-1 series lead against the Leafs, Leaf fans get overly confident....

Tears tomorrow.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
In my opinion? Pretty much anyone else. He's the only ref I have a big enough problem with that I rember his name without someone bringing them up first. There's other bad refs but I don't think they're biased. And while I can't say for sure if its McCauley , 0-8 record with him is just hard to feel good about lol

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
Seen this in 2013, 2018 as well...Bruins choke a big 3-1 series lead against the Leafs, Leaf fans get overly confident....

Tears tomorrow.
Who on the Leafs is still there today that was there in 2013? The Bruins roster today has a lot more in common with the one that lost after being up 3 games to 1 than todays Leafs have with the teams that lost in 2013, etc. Bruins were also a top team against a Leafs team that was just starting to get their crap together after a rebuild.

Leafs may lose tomorrow but bringing up results from 6 and 11 years ago is irrelevant.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Who on the Leafs is still there today that was there in 2013? The Bruins roster today has a lot more in common with the one that lost after being up 3 games to 1 than todays Leafs have with the teams that lost in 2013, etc. Bruins were also a top team against a Leafs team that was just starting to get their crap together after a rebuild.

Leafs may lose tomorrow but bringing up results from 6 and 11 years ago is irrelevant.

According to what I found, nobody. Morgan Rielly was acquired in 2012, but spent the 12-13 season with the Marlies. Everyone else was acquired in 2014 or later.

Reactions: JadedLeaf

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

I'm sure JVR still remembers it pretty well. :laugh:

Marchand, too. Don't think anyone else was around; Rielly's the ranking veteran on the Leafs but he wasn't on the roster til the following year.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Something to note- in 2018 and 2019 we had Freddy Andersen in net for both of those game 7s, who was a notorious game 7/series clinching game choker up until that point, going something like 0-4 in game 7's and 0-8 in series clinching games up until that point. That' s something that can mentally ruin a team

Reactions: AvroArrow
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad