Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Guess this is what happens when you go into the playoffs without a #1C. As much as people claim "depth" wins in the playoffs, depth rarely wins without an elite #1C. Boston doesn't have a #1C let alone an elite one.

Reactions: Halakitlikethat

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Guess this is what happens when you go into the playoffs without a #1C. As much as people claim "depth" wins in the playoffs, depth rarely wins without an elite #1C. Boston doesn't have a #1C let alone an elite one.

Leafs are missing an elite C lol

• Haha
Reactions: OVO16

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Swayman losing 2 in a row, do they go back to Ullmark for game 7 ? I thought Swayman was fantastic even in the losses but never know.
I'd put a folding chair in goal. Match the energy and effort level of the rest of this shit team. Trade Swayman to a Colorado or Vegas. He doesn't deserve to get hung out to dry for a 3rd straight game.

G2Games Leafs, better team won both

Maybe Boston decides to retool if they lose back to back first rounds like this?
Hopefully go nuclear. SJ Sharks style

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Leafs have the toughest defense in the playoffs. Benoit, McCabe, Edmundson, Lybushkin and even Reilly have been giving it to the bruins all series

This D-core is big and nasty. Complete opposite of the DUbas era

Im loving it

We had Schenn and McCabe last year and Lybushkin the year before though, it’s not drastically different

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012

To be fair - neither has Toronto the past 2 games lol

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Lol could a series somehow manage to get both coaches fired? Regardless of the outcome in Game 7, you could make an argument to push out both Keefe and Montgomery in the off season.
I think playing Florida could get it done. Watching Florida in round 1 was nuts compared to this. In terms of speed, it was like a Ferrari vs a Corolla

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
A lot of credit to Benoit and McCabe, they were both great. Should be an interesting game 7.
I really noticed Benoit takes it personally if you try hanging around too much around their net.
I liked watching him follow a Bruin behind the net, responsibly as the B had the puck, to squash him against the boards and drop him, then get puck possession. That's how I love to see a defenceman play. Have a chip on your shoulder, use your size to physically punish, and don't be stupid.

Last edited:

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
It's crazy that Samsonov is rocking a .883 save percentage behind the same defence that Woll has a .964 with.

Both have played 3 games.

If Woll was in from the start we would’ve won the series already

zoA

Mar 23, 2010
I really noticed Benoit takes it personally if you try hanging around too much around their net.
I liked watching follow a Bruin behind the net, responsibly as the B had the puck, to squash him against the boards and drop him, then get puck possession. That's how I love to see a defenceman play. Have a chip on your shoulder, use your size to physically punish, and don't be stupid.

100%. That’s the type of stuff the Leafs need. At the start of the season he said “I’m just gonna make my spot” when he was being looked at as a 7th. Keeping the chip on his shoulder has been a pleasure to watch.

Reactions: Lilou and trilobyte
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad