Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I'll take B's but this won't be easy. Leafs will play hard. They have high end offensive players... maybe time they shoot out the lights! I'd say the Leafs starter would be the starter for Providence though. Ullmark and Swayman are better than anything the Leafs have IMO. Having said that... if Leafs do it I will welcome Pasta with open arms in Prague!

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
If you think Lindholm is having a garbage year, you don't really understand hockey and should just be on here to read and learn.
Lmao just ask your own fanbase. They've been trashing him most all year

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
Leafs win this series IF they can accomplish 2 things. 1) Find a way to contain Pastrnak. No other Bruins are consistent scoring threats. Pastrnak is way ahead of any other Bruin in both goals and assists. 2) Get merely above average goaltending. Boston has a big advantage at goalie, but a reasonable performance in goal by the Leafs puts the superior Toronto offense in a good position to take the series.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Leafs win this series IF they can accomplish 2 things. 1) Find a way to contain Pastrnak. No other Bruins are consistent scoring threats. Pastrnak is way ahead of any other Bruin in both goals and assists. 2) Get merely above average goaltending. Boston has a big advantage at goalie, but a reasonable performance in goal by the Leafs puts the superior Toronto offense in a good position to take the series.
Leafs have never been able to contain Pastrnak. There is nothing to suggest that'll change.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Lmao just ask your own fanbase. They've been trashing him most all year

Yeah, we have our folks who don't understand that the guy getting buried in defensive matchups against top lines having a +19 is doing his job, too.

So if Boston wins the series Edwards isn't calling the games in round 2?

It goes to national tv in the US after the first round.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I buy in the Leafs offence and that actually should put them as favourites for me between both teams, but the defence wins Championships and the Leafs got none of it. They also have no netminding as well since Woll has not been the same since his high ankle sprain injury. That is where I think it will be the biggest difference-maker because I suspect the Leafs will get goals against this Boston duo, but the Leafs duo will allow twice as much. I do not expect the Bruins to go far themselves, but they should win this series in 6. I also think Montgomery will totally outcoach Keefe as well.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
This isnt going to be a walk in the park for the Leafs. McAvoy will be on the ice for every shift against Matthews. Lindholm will be on the ice for every shift against Nylander.

The X-factor is Swayman. If he plays lights out, he can steal a couple of games in this series even if his team gets badly outplayed. This guy made the All Star game for a reason.

Biggest loss for Boston is no more Bergeron, so can’t deploy his greatness against Matthews.

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
No elite centre for boston will be their weakest link

Leafs might get past them in 6 or 7

• Haha
Reactions: HabsQC

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
This isnt going to be a walk in the park for the Leafs. McAvoy will be on the ice for every shift against Matthews. Lindholm will be on the ice for every shift against Nylander.

The X-factor is Swayman. If he plays lights out, he can steal a couple of games in this series even if his team gets badly outplayed. This guy made the All Star game for a reason.

Biggest loss for Boston is no more Bergeron, so can’t deploy his greatness against Matthews.
Sorry, did you just write, "This isnt going to be a walk in the park for the Leafs", about a playoff series?

Where have you been for the last decade?

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
The Leafs biggest advantage in this series is down the middle. Matthews, Tavares against Coyle and Zacha? Yeah no contest, it’s not even close. Leafs will dominate in the faceoff dot. The Leafs need to exploit the Bruins biggest weakness which is at Centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad