Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar 26, 2010
Why is it that the Toronto series has 4k replies and no others series even has 1k. Lol

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1714571246223.png

1714563163612.png

Last edited:

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
You act like the Bruins are some model winning franchise lol. They've won once in like 50 years?

Whats the Bruins excuse for only winning once with Patrice Bergeron on the team for 20 years.
What’s the Leaf’s excuse from never even reaching the Finals with Sundin? Or Clarke? Or Gilmour? Or Matthews/Nylander/Marner?

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Bruins are still in the driver seat but did they ever look nervous last night.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Hopefully Matthews returns for game 6, it would be great if the PP would get going too.

I'm interested to see if Boston goes back to Swayman for game 6 or does Ullmark get a turn?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Why is it that the Toronto series has 4k replies and no others series even has 1k. Lol
It's the series with the most stories: The only O6 matchup. The only rivalry with a fresh and contentious playoff history. Both teams trying to shake off recent choker labels.

Last edited:
Reactions: Just Rude

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
As pissed off as Leaf fans with their performance in Game 4, myself included, one could make the argument that they have been the better team in 3 of 5 games, no?

I ask out of genuine curiosity, which games, specifically? Game 5 for sure. I've actually watched the entire series but my memory is absolutely dreadful.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
I ask out of genuine curiosity, which games, specifically? Game 5 for sure. I've actually watched the entire series but my memory is absolutely dreadful.
Game 2, 5 and maybe game 1. Road ice advantage. Leafs have been the better team in general in Boston and Boston the better team in Toronto. Boston will have to take advantage of the road in game 6, if it gets to game 7 I think they are in trouble

Reactions: Summer Rose

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Game 2, 5 and maybe game 1. Road ice advantage. Leafs have been the better team in general in Boston and Boston the better team in Toronto. Boston will have to take advantage of the road in game 6, if it gets to game 7 I think they are in trouble

Certainly not game 1. Score effects led to the Leafs lead in all the fancy stats when the game was out of hand.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
It's the series with the most stories: The only O6 matchup. The only rivalry with a fresh and contentious playoff history. Both teams trying to shake off recent choker labels.
It could be Leafs vs. literally anyone and it would be the busiest thread. Lots of Leafs fans and then tons of haters/trolls that live in the thread.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Definitely not Game 1.

Certainly Game 2 and 5, and then Game 3 was honestly a coinflip game and you could argue that the Leafs were maybe a bit better. Not Game 1, though.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Bruins came out really tight in the 1st and Toronto came out on fire. Periods two and three were a slog for both teams and evenly matched (in a not complementary way). Bruins started to get going late in the 3rd and early in OT, but couldn't finish. Toronto did. On to game 6.

Key to the game was Toronto staying out of the box. Bruins don't have enough 5 on 5 scoring to be able to win with only one PP chance.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
As @CDN24 says, Game 2 and 5 for sure, and I thought they deserved a better fate in Game 3. That's just my personal take, though.

Definitely not Game 1.

Certainly Game 2 and 5, and then Game 3 was honestly a coinflip game and you could argue that the Leafs were maybe a bit better. Not Game 1, though.
This. ^

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Bruins came out really tight in the 1st and Toronto came out on fire. Periods two and three were a slog for both teams and evenly matched (in a not complementary way). Bruins started to get going late in the 3rd and early in OT, but couldn't finish. Toronto did. On to game 6.

Key to the game was Toronto staying out of the box. Bruins don't have enough 5 on 5 scoring to be able to win with only one PP chance.
You could tell the Leafs toned down the unnecessary physicality last night, they weren't looking to run guys and get into scrums after every whistle which led to Boston powerplays in previous games

Only took them over half the series to realize this!

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
As pissed off as Leaf fans with their performance in Game 4, myself included, one could make the argument that they have been the better team in 3 of 5 games, no?

Idk, not a fan of those arguement

I think the series overall has been close enough, that Toronto could have easily been the team up 3-2 with a non anemic power play/penalty kill…. Or timely scoring/goaltending

I also don’t think bostons played particularly good outside of game 4, swayman been the factor in the series

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Yeah I'd say over the entire series its been fairly even, and the series score shows that. Leafs have maybe drove the play overall a bit more, but have had a lot of bad mistakes that the Bruins capitalize on, and then ofc special teams and goaltending.

Both teams look poised to get smoked by Florida next round though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad