Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
If I'm the Leafs, if Bertuzzi has another game where he's more concerned with getting into a gamesmanship duel with Marchand than actually winning the game, they should bench him before Marchand makes him his personal bitch again.

Bertuzzi had front row tickets to:

- the Frederic game tying goal when he tried to play mind games with Marchand

- the Marchand GWG goal, down on one knee and missing the blocked shot

- the Marchand empty netter to put the game away after Marchand bodied him off the puck, leaving Bertuzzi to float around after the goal barking at the ref
That's who Bertuzzi has always been. They knew that when they added him and should be factoring that in to his deployment from the start. Not so easy to do with the way the roster is constructed though.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
It’s still early but the b’s are 8-0 this season vs the leafs and cats , looks like the reg season is more of predictor than people are willing to admit.
Cool, I can also cherry pick stats. Winnipeg dominated Colorado in the regular season and outside of a bad goalie start, Colorado has put up 10 on a Vezina goalie.

That's who Bertuzzi has always been. They knew that when they added him and should be factoring that in to his deployment from the start. Not so easy to do with the way the roster is constructed though.
The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Depending on what's triggering them.

Practice has less harsh lights and way, way less noise. Plus less physical and emotional intensity than a game which can also trigger them.

If you're feeling kinda OK and then try morning skate and by the end of it you have a migraine, you know you're not gonna be able to go for the game.

They do really suck. I get them but they are weather and air pressure related.

On the plus side, it's like my X-man mutant power where I can tell when the weather is going to change in advance, but on the negative side, only by a few hours so there's nothing productive or lucrative I can really do with that information.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Leafs need to get a cat or something, they keep getting bitten by the Rat.

Oh, and anyone who think Let Them Play isn't bush league mentality should watch the Frederic goal on a loop.

Mar 26, 2010
RFA Jeremy Swayman signed a 1 year, $3,475,000 contract with the Bruins on Aug. 1, 2023.
Yeah, he is one of the premiere goaltenders in the NHL. You are not going to beat him clean. You need to screen him, greasy goals.

Swayman vs Bobrovsky will be a crazy round 2 goaltending duo.

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
Cool, I can also cherry pick stats. Winnipeg dominated Colorado in the regular season and outside of a bad goalie start, Colorado has put up 10 on a Vezina goalie.

I wasn’t aware including the season record vs division rivals was cherry picking. Seems like it’s turning out to be an accurate indicator so far.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Frankly in a contact sport, once you have migraines, you're in a battle of uncertainty to keep your career alive. The Bruins know all too well. If this was the regular season he'd likely be on LTIR. Super brave that WIlly is even skating.

I wouldn't jest too much. If he had a sudden migraine over night, it's possible he had a concussion that went undiagnosed that lead to the migraine. Brain injuries aren't cool.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
They do really suck. I get them but they are weather and air pressure related.

On the plus side, it's like my X-man mutant power where I can tell when the weather is going to change in advance, but on the negative side, only by a few hours so there's nothing productive or lucrative I can really do with that information.
Same here. What really sucks is when I see crappy weather is going to clear up and become gorgeous and all I can think about is how I will likely get a migraine.

Reactions: NyQuil

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
I wouldn't jest too much. If he had a sudden migraine over night, it's possible he had a concussion that went undiagnosed that lead to the migraine. Brain injuries aren't cool.

I'm not joking?

On all the other happenings with this series, we joke. Migraines and Willy will be off limits.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The Leafs have two or fewer goals in 8 of their 9 last playoff games.
While it’s easy to blame it all on goaltending, I’m not sure this is even the biggest issue.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
I dunno how many of you have suffered with migraines, but it can be awful. Mine are rare and are usually 12-24 hours of hell followed by sensitivity that can bring it back for a few days. I'm lucky it's rare and short, but for folks that get them all the time it's a really rough existence.
When I get one I am not capable of doing really anything. I get partial blindness and auras, I am very sensitive to light and sound, am usually nauseous, and if I do not get my medicine (so thankful for it), then I am in horrible, consistent pain that makes me wish it would throb or pulse just for the moment of relief that allows. I cannot even conceive of playing a hockey game with one. Even with my meds I still feel completely worn out and very fragile. Plus the meds make every muscle in my body sore. This includes facial muscles and my nose and ears even. It is very strange. Anyway, I can completely understand why an NHL player could not play if he is suffering migraines.

Reactions: wintersej

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

Seems it's migraine issues.

As a Bruins fan I'm grateful he's out of the lineup, but don't wish heavy migraines on anyone. All the knee injuries, broken ribs, broken bones in feet are shit you expect in the playoffs and the guys are tough enough to push through, but migraine disorder is a different animal. If this were 2002 Don Cherry would be calling him a swedish female body part for not manning up, but I think we have a better understanding today.

Reactions: TooManyHumans

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I am a Leafs fan but I am a realist. We all know the outcome.

come on mannnnnn, anything can happen, lesser leafs teams took better bruins teams to the brink each time.

regular season records don't mean much.

they did last year, I believe Florida was one of the only teams that had a winning record against Boston, a shallacking in one of the games too iirc

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
So are leaf fans admitting that missed high sticks are part of the game?

Gilmour.jpg
That's funny. Mean. But funny.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad