Which team wins game 6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Must be nice to have your own particular set of rules to play with. Chara in particular rarely gets called for anything unless it's really egregious. He can even punch a player in the face and the other guy will get a penalty.

Powerplays are 16-8 in favor of Boston in the Garden. If that's not hometown cooking I don't know what is.

Chara's been getting away with shit for years for no other reasons but the fact that he plays for Boston and he's tall. My guess is that the refs are scared of him.

Reactions: Lilou

mikeo1

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver
Then you weren’t here in 2011. It was only the Canadiens fans for the most part not piling on anyone who cheered the Canucks. Probably the most unified and one sided fan bloodbath this site has ever seen. Leafs fans by the droves were happy as pigs in **** to see the bruins lawlessly maim the Canucks and bully the Canucks fans who dared to point out the unequal refereeing.
Uh, its really not that hard to check join dates.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
The score is 4-1. Backes jumps Hyman off the draw. The Leafs want no part of it because they're winning handily. They give Backes 4 mins and Hyman 2 mins, which is fair. But, then Chara comes in like a bat out of hell and lands a punch to Gardiners face. Instead of penalizing Chara, they give the minor to Gardiner to even things up. Next play they call a penalty on the Leafs and it's game on. We should have had the PP for 4 mins. That **** nearly cost us the game.

After the game when asked about his penalty in the scrum. Gardiner said "I guess I was third man in and my face hit Chara's fist" lol

Here Here; girls and boys; and ladies and gentleman

hitting someone's fist with your face is a penalty.

CORRECTION: hitting bruins' fist with your face is a penalty against you

Reactions: Lilou and Magic Man

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Its called discipline.

Unless of course you are insinuating that marcharnd alone should have more penalties than your entire team, ya know, just for being marchand......

So practically every other team is more than twice as undisciplined as Boston and in your estimation, Marchand has only committed one foul worthy of a penalty?
Cool starry bra!

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
It was pretty even until game 5 though. And Boston dominated possession the final 40 minutes in game 5 which leads to a lack of balance

Boston dominated possession because the Leafs killed 6 penalties in a row. You lose momentum, your penalty killers are tired, your non-penalty killers are ice cold, lines have to be shuffled to give some players rest, etc.

Reactions: Incognito

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
It was pretty even until game 5 though. And Boston dominated possession the final 40 minutes in game 5 which leads to a lack of balance
No, it wasn’t even.

Boston plays a far dirtier game, and much of it gets ignored.

I don’t mind if the refs out the whistles away, but in Boston, they only do it for one team.

mikeo1

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver
Boston only dominated once the Refs took the Leafs forwards out of the game with the continuous stream of penalties. The Leafs were controlling the game until Hyman forced poor David Backes into headlocking him and Gardiner head butted Charas fist.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Boston dominated possession because the Leafs killed 6 penalties in a row. You lose momentum, your penalty killers are tired, your non-penalty killers are ice cold, lines have to be shuffled to give some players rest, etc.
They’re heroes for overcoming it all.

And some people think it’s just a game...

No, it wasn’t even.

Boston plays a far dirtier game, and much of it gets ignored.

I don’t mind if the refs out the whistles away, but in Boston, they only do it for one team.
The reffs have called more penalties on the Bruins in Boston than they have in Toronto.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Boston only dominated once the Refs took the Leafs forwards out of the game with the continuous stream of penalties. The Leafs were controlling the game until Hyman forced poor David Backes into headlocking him and Gardiner head butted Charas fist.

Gardiner was third man in if I remember that correctly.

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
It was called a roughing penalty. Third man in results in a game misconduct, and can only be called during a fight. The rule is specific, in that it does not include pushing and shoving scuffles after the whistle. It was a phantom call.

Reactions: HoBOonFiRE

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Yes and no. He's going in to pull off Backes who is the only guy fighting/throwing punches. No fight means no 3rd man on though, but I guess you could give Backes an instigator and a fighting penalty.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Backes dropped his gloves and started punching Hyman in the face, Hyman was trying to get away from him. Gardiner held him gently to stop his player from being jumped. Chara comes in and punches Gardiner in the face and gives him another shot and Gardiner runs away. He was called for roughing, which he did not commit. They didn't give them majors, which is the only time you can call 3rd man in. If they did give them majors and wanted to call Gardiner 3rd man in. They should have given Backes a fighting major, 2 min for instigating and a game misconduct, while Hyman gets a roughing call. While still giving Chara a minor for roughing. That call was wetaded.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
This series has been pathetic, playoff hockey my ass... for 2 games maybe. If the Leafs somehow win the series they’ll of beaten the refs along with the Bruins as the only team between the two with enough nuts to play it old school (whistles put away), without needing the officials to help them.

Last time around Komarov finished a check, post whistle, that was high. Kelly threw his elbow back at JVR and broke his nose, no calls on either because Playoff Hockey! This series opened with JVR, one hand on his stick, with the blade near the vicinity of the Bruin players glove, hooking (with no hook), within 5 minutes of game 1. It’s been a shit show of soft Boston favouritism since in 3 of 5 games.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
People gotta get over this 'the refs called the score' thing. They let everything go all game except for when they couldn't. Slashes that break sticks are automatic. The trip to take away a scoring chance was automatic. What would have been a Leafs power play was lost because the third guy stepped in.

It's like complaining that the other team got five power plays in a row when your team flipped the puck over the glass five times in a row. None of those were discretionary calls.

Leaf fans should be happy they put the whistles away as much as they did or it would've been a lot more lopsided with power plays.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Backes dropped his gloves and started punching Hyman in the face, Hyman was trying to get away from him. Gardiner held him gently to stop his player from being jumped. Chara comes in and punches Gardiner in the face and gives him another shot and Gardiner runs away. He was called for roughing, which he did not commit. They didn't give them majors, which is the only time you can call 3rd man in. If they did give them majors and wanted to call Gardiner 3rd man in. They should have given Backes a fighting major, 2 min for instigating and a game misconduct, while Hyman gets a roughing call. While still giving Chara a minor for roughing. That call was wetaded.

That's one way to look at it.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
People gotta get over this 'the refs called the score' thing. They let everything go all game except for when they couldn't. Slashes that break sticks are automatic. The trip to take away a scoring chance was automatic. What would have been a Leafs power play was lost because the third guy stepped in.

It's like complaining that the other team got five power plays in a row when your team flipped the puck over the glass five times in a row. None of those were discretionary calls.

Leaf fans should be happy they put the whistles away as much as they did or it would've been a lot more lopsided with power plays.
yeah if anything I feel pity for the Bruins that they only had a 6-1 advantage in powerplay opportunities. they were screwed. It must be so hard to watch your team get terrorized by a tougher team and not get enough calls to make up for it

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005

Except Chara obviously deserved a penalty for his Gardiner altercation, and that Dermott penalty happens multiple times a game with no call.

The standard the refs set wasn't consistent and this is what has caused the complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad