Which team wins game 6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ANDI P IS CUTE

Oct 7, 2009
Windsor On
serious post. Been a leafs fan since I was a child, I'm 45 now. I'm not just saying this cuz I'm a Leafs fan. The leafs have played horribly for most of the series and Boston great- And the leafs are down 3 games to 2 going home with momentum. Think about that for a second. If the leafs played as good as they did in the reg. season, this series would be Leafs up 3 to 2 going home.

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
He got 2 minutes for being a third man in and not disengaging quick enough. If he had let go a second or two earlier he would've been fine and your team would've been on the power play. He never. That's called every single time. Pure and simple.
Maybe I'm wrong but I thought the penalty on Gardiner was a roughing minor? I think it has been said more than enough times that third man penalty only applies if there is a fighting major.

I believe all except for the penalties on Gardiner and Dermott were legitimate penalties, but to start calling a game differently midway is just terrible. Call what you want or let it go but FFS don't mix and match halfway through, that's the infuriating part of it. Seems like it's a common practice in every series so far.

bpower

Aug 21, 2005
If the excuse is that if a stick breaks, its an automatic penalty. Then I'm keeping some brittle ones on the bench. Pull it out late wait and for a stick check and collect the 2 minutes.

The stick check on Nash by Polak in front happens 1000x times a game. Bozaks I agree was a penalty because Nash was shooting. That being said, I don't think Bozak hit the stick very hard. I think Nash might have a bad batch of sticks :sarcasm:

Palio

Dec 9, 2015
I honestly don’t remember the play, at this point it’s rather inconsequential. However, it’s riled up a whole lotta people apparently so to tell you the truth I’m glad Chara punched a guy in the face, and if it’s going to elicit this hilarious of a reaction i hope he does it again.

Act like the whistles don’t come out often when there’s a big lead. You’re also ignoring that Boston was ALL OVER Toronto for large portions of the game. Tends to yield a few penalties I’d say.

Still, at the end of the day you’re arguing a penalty or two after a win. Not just mentioning it in passing, but you are really going in on it.

....but that’s why we’re upset. The refs took a game (an elimination game at that) that the leafs were in total control of and gave toronto five straight penalties, causing the momentum to shift and Boston to be ALL OVER Toronto. We’re not just arguing a penalty or two, we’re arguing five straight because the officials decided to call the game incredibly tight against one team and put the whistle away for the other.

Whatever. Bring on game 6. The Leafs overcame one sided officiating and 2 incredibly bad bounces and managed to pull out an elimination game on the road. The lines look much better with Naz back. Contiune rolling 4 lines that are all a threat to score, defend home ice and let’s redeem 2013

Reactions: Leafling

Andrew83

Dec 15, 2010
Boston
Tuukka needs a good bounce-back game. Hopefully Tuukka sees the puck as well as he did last time in Toronto.

The Bruins D should probably be less aggressive pinching in the offensive zone and let the forwards go deep and do their cycling stuff.

Reactions: Bruin

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
He got 2 minutes for being a third man in and not disengaging quick enough. If he had let go a second or two earlier he would've been fine and your team would've been on the power play. He never. That's called every single time. Pure and simple.
He didn't though. And they don't call that every single time.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018

Third man in only applies to fights, and it results in a game misconduct.

IF this was a "third man in", then Backes should have got 2 + 5, Hyman should have got 5, and Gardiner should have got a game misconduct.

THIS isn't what they called though. Instead, they made their own rules. Chara was more guilty of 'roughing' than Gardiner was.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Most of the penalties the Leafs took were legit penalties. The problem is there were two very bad calls. Bozak’s ‘slahing’ penalty on Rick Nash when Nash’s stick was already broken, and the ‘roughing’ Penalty on Jake for hitting Chara’s fist with face.

So when you have so many penalties in a row with come bad ones in there combined with the VERy late arm going up when Johnson was tripped. And the fact that the call on Gradiner was clear game management. It does feel like the refs were ‘out to get’ the Leafs.

Reactions: marty111

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
So what about when Reilly punched Pasta in the face in toronto and everyone on here was closing Pasta a whiner? Both fan bases are full of hypocrisy. But no one here rooting for the white and blue has acknowledged that the whistles being put away in Toronto after the Bruins rang up two wins on the strength of a 50% PP was curious. It’s all “refs love Boston!”. Which is nonsense. It’s not like Toronto is Hartford, it’s the biggest market in the game.

I wasn't around here calling Pastrnak a whiner so I'm not answering for it.

and what about the Rielly punch? He should have been penalized. Just as a # of Bruins should have been penalized for late hits/elbows, Marchand for "punching" Marner in the back of the head when he was down, Chara for punching Gardiner in the face, etc.

Consistency is all I ask for, and game 5 was nowhere near it.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
tenor.gif

A4T1L6

Feb 10, 2015
Leafs are the much better team

Started off slow because of the lack of important games

Need to continue squeezing the bruins neck with their hands and finish them off

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Sounds like what us Leafs fans were saying after Game 4. But I'd have to say the Leafs were clearly the better team in the 3rd period.

Rask made three unbelievable saves on Kapanen, Nylander and then on Matthews or this was way over before the empty netter.

Leafs suffocated Boston in the second and third. Just 16 shots after having like 17 in the first period alone.

The W never seemed in doubt tonight.

Whatever happens, happens in Game 7. Immensely proud of our young team to force a Game 7 after being down 2-0 and 3-1 in the series. Takes guts to do that.

Having Kadri back has really given the Leafs so many freaking options. Nylander looks like he’s going to have a huge Game 7...that guy is a big game player.

Kapanen has to stop doing his Grabner impression. So many breakaways, no freaking goal.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Andersen kinda reminds me of Cujo where Cujo would be completely yard sale in a game and then he's be like "Oh hey, let's just shut out the Stars now!" What an exciting, young team the Leafs are. I just hope Dorion gets his shit in a row so we can be that exciting in a few years.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Bruins are pretty soft, mentally and physically. Bruins came out big in the first couple games, and we were off balance because of the Kadri suspension, but beyond that they have no heart.

Reactions: Lilou

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
If the excuse is that if a stick breaks, its an automatic penalty. Then I'm keeping some brittle ones on the bench. Pull it out late wait and for a stick check and collect the 2 minutes.

The stick check on Nash by Polak in front happens 1000x times a game. Bozaks I agree was a penalty because Nash was shooting. That being said, I don't think Bozak hit the stick very hard. I think Nash might have a bad batch of sticks :sarcasm:
I'm thinking they should get a refund on Nash all around. Such a non-performer.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Leafs will lose game 7 but that's fine with me, I'm proud they pushed it to game 7 despite some awful officiating and being outplayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad