ECHL Player Suspended For Dropping Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tipped Off

Ok, at 23 years old this guy is not a prospect, but I had to post it because it was so funny...

Story Posted on Yahoo News

WHEELING, W.Va. - A minor league hockey player sitting in the stands of the WesBanco Arena has been suspended for dropping his pants at fans in the crowd.

The ECHL on Thursday suspended and fined a Reading Royals player Dan Sullivan for "making multiple obscene gestures" during the Nov. 7 game against the Wheeling Nailers.

The Princeton, N.J.-based league suspended Sullivan for 12 games.

Sullivan and another player were sitting in the stands when they got into an altercation with fans. That's when he dropped his pants, witnesses said.

"It was a tight game, and I heard he was probably getting some taunting from the fans," said Nailers' co-owner Rob Brooks. "But that's in all sports, so it's up to the players to stay responsible."

The Royals had indefinitely suspended Sullivan after the incident. Team spokesman John Curtis said that while no roster move had been made by Friday, it is unlikely Sullivan will play for the club again.

The 23-year-old right wing had played in four games for Reading after signing a contract with the Pennsylvania team on Sept. 3.

"We insist that our athletes adhere to very professional levels of conduct and that all their actions represent this organization with class and dignity," Royals general manager Ray Delia said in a statement.

"If it is apparent that anyone is either unwilling or unable to conduct themselves in such a manner at all times, we will make appropriate decisions that are in the best interest of the Reading Royals," he said.

The league did not disclose the amount of the fine.

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
Sullivan and another player were sitting in the stands when they got into an altercation with fans. That's when he dropped his pants, witnesses said.

:eek: sitting in the stands? but I thought he was playing? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad