ECHL announces Lake Tahoe expansion team for 2024-25 owned by Tim Tebow

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Intere
Sharks pundit Curtis Pashelka wondered if Sharks might affiliate with this new team (when they announced one year extension to Thunder affiliation). VGK essentially own/control the Ghost Pirates so I don't know they are looking to change affiliation.

Having a Sharks affiliation might boost attendance too.

So looks like Vegas is going to be the new Tahoe Knight Monsters affiliate.

Does anyone more in the know than me have any guess what this means for the Savannah Ghost Pirates?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Knight Monsters? what a dumb name. I know that the Brandiose style "silly-fun minor league baseball team name" thing is all the rage but this is just clumsy. Surely they could've picked a name that was Knight adjacent that was still cool instead of this monstrosity.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I remember interviewing for a job in Truckee, CA in 2022. I could go into the numbers.. but it was like low 100s.. doing the numbers and it made no sense. Living in the area was going to be difficult, housing wise. The only real option was like apartment living near Lake Tahoe at a crazy rate or buying a house in Reno. I hadn't heard that good of things about Reno and it seemed like a tough stretch to make so I didn't do it.

I can't imagine trying to get people to work there on ECHL salaries.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Knight Monsters? what a dumb name. I know that the Brandiose style "silly-fun minor league baseball team name" thing is all the rage but this is just clumsy. Surely they could've picked a name that was Knight adjacent that was still cool instead of this monstrosity.

Maybe trademark issues with the Lake Erie Monsters? Since renamed to the Cleveland Monsters.

Lake Tahoe Monsters sounds solid to me.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Maybe trademark issues with the Lake Erie Monsters? Since renamed to the Cleveland Monsters.

Lake Tahoe Monsters sounds solid to me.

It's the "monster" part that doesn't make sense as much if they're trying to synergize with the Vegas/Henderson name set. I thought they should just pick something knight-ish. Crusaders, Cavaliers, Paladins, Squires, Champions, I dunno.

Or, if they'd rather the monster part but don't want to step on the toes of Cleveland/Lake Erie hear me out:

Lake Tahoe Lake Monsters. :sarcasm:

Reactions: mouser

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad