Votes: 20 3.1%
  • Rangers in 4

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
Dallas has to be the favorite right now, they have had the hardest road thus far.

Based on only difficulty of opponent so far in these playoffs it would be IMO

Stars
Panthers
Rangers
Edmonton/Canucks
As you said... What do previous series' "difficulty of opponent" have to do with this series? Zilch.

You can only beat the teams you're assigned to play.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
As you said... What do previous series' "difficulty of opponent" have to do with this series? Zilch.

You can only beat the teams you're assigned to play.
They have looked great against very high quality opponents.

I think they are the favorites, we shall see.

I don't say that because I don't want the Panthers to win the Cup.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Tbh I think Dallas has the easiest path left to the Cup at this point. Florida and NYR both got their easy matchups earlier on and now have to play each other, while Dallas got Vegas and then Colorado. Now they get one of the Canadian teams.

Reactions: Lua

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
All good brother, we root for different teams, misunderstandings happen. That's also a great example of why one shouldn't assume things.

Dumb to celebrate those types of plays regardless of who comes out on top. No one should be hoping for injuries.
Unless you're Brad Marchand.

• Wow
Reactions: Chaos2k7

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Unless you're Brad Marchand.
I didn't like seeing him hurt, regardless of the crap he always pulls.

Still not sure how the NHL spotters and Bruins medical staff allowed him to play 2 full periods afterwards, if that's when he got hurt, but he also had a head to head hit with Stenlund later that same game, then got pulled.

They checked his shoulder on the bench after the Bennett hit, but its playoffs and you rarely get accurate injury information during a series.

The Bruins also have never said he was concussed. Nor explained why no one on the bench even noticed until after the game. Coming back from a concussion in 7 days is unheard of, but he was clearly diminished in game 6. Maybe in the next few days we will get all the information.

It is what it is, still not hoping players get hurt.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
I didn't like seeing him hurt, regardless of the crap he always pulls.

Still not sure how the NHL spotters and Bruins medical staff allowed him to play 2 full periods afterwards, if that's when he got hurt, but he also had a head to head hit with Stenlund later that same game, then got pulled.

The checked his shoulder on the bench after the Bennett hit, but its playoffs and you rarely get accurate injury information during a series.

The Bruins also have never said he was concussed.

It is what it is, still not hoping players get hurt.
Oh I didn't mean you guys liked seeing Marchand injured. I meant 'no one but Marchand is hoping for injuries.' Just a little joke about his comments about always looking to hurt people and the more guys you take out the better.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Oh I didn't mean you guys liked seeing Marchand injured. I meant 'no one but Marchand is hoping for injuries.' Just a little joke about his comments about always looking to hurt people and the more guys you take out the better.
He knows better than anyone, when you play on the line, it goes both ways.

Bruins fans however were quite upset and rightfully so.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Who's sleeping on Dallas? It's an ECF thread. One of the East teams has to win this series before they worry about the SCF opponent. And while Dallas is favored on that side, let them play their games and win their own CF first.
Who? Calm down. Everyone saying it's New York's or Florida's Cup.

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
We played TB in the first round not the corspe of Alex Ovechkin.

He was every bit as good as Vasy and Swayman, nominated for another Vezina this season, two in his closet. I think Shesty is the best remaining goalie in the playoffs but it is not some major advantage for the Rangers.
Every bit as good, you know, if you don’t look at their numbers, stats. Go with the feels instead

• Haha

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Don’t feel optimistic about this one…

Rangers 5 on 5 can struggle, same with the defense. Panthers are a tough team with good goaltending.

Unless the Panthers are undisciplined.. Panthers in 6.
The Panthers have been very disciplined, one evidence of that is why Katchuck has not been having a good run, his game is very pesky, pushing and shoving, glove on your face type, he has been very disciplined, he wants to win and getting sent to the penalty box, does not help the team.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
The X factor in thsi series will be goaltending. Both are elite. I can see a couple of games that are low-scoring affairs and I could see a couple of games where each team blows the other out. That's just how it goes in the playoffs when you have that much talent up front. The Rangers need Fox to get back to being Fox or they are going to have a hard time moving the puck up the ice. I'd like to see Rempe in just to keep the Panthers at bay with the liberties they tend to take after the whistle.

Rangers in 6.
You have not been watching, the Panthers have not been doing any of their shenanigans, they have been very disciplined with Tampa and Boston, not giving them any PP opportunities has helped the team keep their leads when needed.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Scared to death.
Why? Rangers are a good team, but at worst, any of these 2 team can beat each other, just by lucky bounces, hot goalie, bad penalty call, I think the Panthers will play the Rangers in the same way they played Tampa. In a run and gun type of game, the Rangers win every night, it is all about coaching for me.

Reactions: cheech70

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Tbh I think Dallas has the easiest path left to the Cup at this point. Florida and NYR both got their easy matchups earlier on and now have to play each other, while Dallas got Vegas and then Colorado. Now they get one of the Canadian teams.
Yeah, easiest path left but not the easiest path. They should get respect for that. And if they get past Vancouver/Edmonton, They'll have to face who many here are saying will be the Finals favorite (Florida/New York). If Dallas wins they'll have had the toughest path.

Reactions: UnSandvich

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Why? Rangers are a good team, but at worst, any of these 2 team can beat each other, just by lucky bounces, hot goalie, bad penalty call, I think the Panthers will play the Rangers in the same way they played Tampa. In a run and gun type of game, the Rangers win every night, it is all about coaching for me.
Panthers don’t play run and gun…..

Reactions: whitefang

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
Gonna say Panthers in 4, since didn't see it earlier in this thread.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Even as a Rangers die hard this could go either way. This will likely be the most physical series the Rangers have seen yet. Looking forward to it

Reactions: TheWrongWay

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Cliche, but it's all about special teams.

Florida I assume wants it to be 5v5 as much as possible.
Rangers have a great Powerplay and while Florida's Penalty kill is pretty good, it's not something I would want to see tested a lot.

Florida has an meh PP, sans that one game vs the Bruins, so it's not much of an advantage lol.

Reactions: IdleTraveller

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Amazing to see the amount of NYR homers here. Rangers have no chance. Absolutely nothing

We played TB in the first round not the corspe of Alex Ovechkin.

He was every bit as good as Vasy and Swayman, nominated for another Vezina this season, two in his closet. I think Shesty is the best remaining goalie in the playoffs but it is not some major advantage for the Rangers.
The key is the scoring support you give that type of net minder…..
Shesty is also the best puck handling goalie in the league. He has no problem hitting a fwd with a tape to tape pass on the opposing blue line. FLA will need to keep the puck away from him on their dump ins.
Bob is a good puck handler too, but not like shesty.
Tampa imo was gassed. Depends too largely on kucherov and their PP.
Plus their D was banged up and looking old, they are rapidly going from one of the beasts in the East to a 7-8 squeak in seed.
So far, all the rangers top 6 has been performing. Panarin has 4-5 game winners and their entire top 6 is pretty much a PPG or better…
They are performing and will need to continue to do so if NYR wants to come out on top.
Their 3rd line mainly, needs to provide more timely offense. Besides will Cuylle, no one on it looks to be a danger offensively. They need to be better on that side of the puck. Hopefully chytil comes back fully and adds some offensive pop.
I give the rangers a slight edge on D and in net.
Forsling is very good, but Fla has no one like Adam Fox. Hes playing with a knee brace. Hopefully the rest will pay dividends for him.
I think FLA is more comfortable running their 4 lines with regularity.

It’s the final 4. The margins are razor thin as it is….. will the cats physicality slow down the rangers speed????
The most glaring thing my eyes saw against Boston was the amount of breakaways they let up.
At least twice a game, sometimes more the bruins were able to slip a FWD in alone from the redline in. Whether it was a bad pinch, line change, whatever etc……
If they give that to NYR, they are going to get burned, because the rangers have far more offensive fire power then the bruins.
If it turns into a back and fourth trade chances track meet, imo that also favors NYR. Again, both offenses are potent, but in that situation the better goalie is key, which is shesty.
For that panthers, they have to get the puck deep and cycle, Along the circles and behind the net.
Canes had a lot of their success there generating scoring chances and FLA has the personnel to make the rangers miserable if they execute that grind it away cycle..

PP/PK will be huge for both…. When the opposing team gets the chance, they need to make the other pay….

Both teams have healthy doses of playoff experience.
Both have a ton of playoff games under their belt and a ECF loss in the last 3 seasons.

These 2 are def the cream of the crop in the eastern conference. NYR finished 1st, most comeback wins, etc

Fla let in least goals, are a more vet heavy team; can play a physical grinding style that can give NYR trouble

Both are well coached and conditioned.

It’s going to be a good tilt eaither way…..
In the NHL, it’s really hard to beat a good team 4 times…..
That’s what makes me think this goes at least 6 games possibly 7.
Whoever you like.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad