Series Talk: ECF: New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers *Game 1 Wednesday 5/22 @ 8pm ET*

Status
Not open for further replies.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Lineup decisions get dicey with everyone healthy. I’d say Rempe would shine in this game 1 but I don’t know how likely that is with everybody available

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Even up 2-0, I didn't really believe we were gonna beat Tampa. Sure as hell not Colorado. Sorry.

Don't get me wrong, that was a great run and I enjoyed it. It's ok to not be in Tier A some years and just have a good run.

This year, we are firmly in Tier A. It's a great opportunity.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Beat reporters said Chytil was on PP2 in Kakko's place. Good chance he is in the lineup for Game 1.
Not good for Kakko. Lav seems to dress guys just because they contribute to PP or PK. If you don't do neither, it's possible you're the odd man out with the roster crunch.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
With that said, I'm not taking Cuylle, his young legs and speed, his shot and his competitiveness and checking prowess out of this lineup for Wheeler, who hasn't played in 3 months and is slow as molasses... Hell f***ing no. HARD pass

To switch things up after a loss with Vesey the odd man out? Fine. As long as they feel they are ok on the PK, which im unsure of. If so, then Wheeler and Kakko can be interchanged (even Roslovic if he fades) and you can see what Blake can do.

Regardless, if anyone goes down on the right, you have a "fresh" Wheeler ready to go, which to me is an upgrade over Brodz.
Would be an upgrade, and if not anything else, the Panthers would have to respect him as he IS a seasoned veteran. Vesey ain't coming out though, no way. Surely Lavi has had some kind of talk with him. He has been NON-Existant technically. I am of the belief that Vesey will have sopme MAJOR influence, this series or somewhere down the line.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Not good for Kakko. Lav seems to dress guys just because they contribute to PP or PK. If you don't do neither, it's possible you're the odd man out with the roster crunch.
If it was Kakko that was going to be the odd man out, surely he would've been moved to the 4th line instead of Cuylle.

Reactions: Rongomania

Machinehead

Jan 21, 2011
NYC
gonna keep my ass over here. all these bandwagon fans pissing me off

these people act like they've been around since the Bure days. I live in the same state and am ashamed of these clowns.
They're talking like they're so seasoned.

"Oh you're gonna see tough competiton."

Son, I saw the 2014 Kings before you were born.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Wennberg is Chris Higgins levels of bad at scoring.
Ok, but he is good defensively.

And i believe at faceoffs. Though i could be wrong at that.

And thats fine. I dont expect him to be an offensive dynamo. Would i like more, yes. But as long as his line isnt letting up goals, i am fine with it. Especially if his line playing against a top 6 unit.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
If it was Kakko that was going to be the odd man out, surely he would've been moved to the 4th line instead of Cuylle.
Maybe not, especially if the guy coming in is a top 9 type. Wheeler isn't playing on the 4th line.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Maybe not, especially if the guy coming in is a top 9 type. Wheeler isn't playing on the 4th line.
But maybe he would've worn bottom-6 jerseys today instead of top-6, if he was coming into the 3rd line. Unless you suggest that Wheeler is coming in to the 1st line, Roslovic is bumped to 3rd and Kakko to the stands.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
But maybe he would've worn bottom-6 jerseys today instead of top-6, if he was coming into the 3rd line. Unless you suggest that Wheeler is coming in to the 1st line, Roslovic is bumped to 3rd and Kakko to the stands.
Possible. Personally, I'm thrilled for Fil in for Brod/Rempe and leave it at that. But if we get to a point in this series where the problem is we aren't getting any secondary scoring from our bottom 6, some genius on our staff is going to propose inserting Wheeler. The question will be, who hasn't scored in these playoffs and that guy takes a seat.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I'm not afraid of this team. They could beat us, but I saw less of a path against Carolina, as you guys know.
Goaltending is the big mismatch once again. Yea yea, Bobrovsky had that miracle run last year but he has been "just ok" at the most this season.

Reactions: TheWrongWay

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Possible. Personally, I'm thrilled for Fil in for Brod/Rempe and leave it at that. But if we get to a point in this series where the problem is we aren't getting any secondary scoring from our bottom 6, some genius on our staff is going to propose inserting Wheeler. The question will be, who hasn't scored in these playoffs and that guy takes a seat.
Vesey, Kakko and Cuylle have all scored

Reactions: Rongomania

Machinehead

Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Goaltending is the big mismatch once again. Yea yea, Bobrovsky had that miracle run last year but he has been "just ok" at the most this season.
We've also played well against them the last couple of regular seasons.

I know people say it doesn't carry over, but we beat Washington in four ugly, boring games, and then beat Carolina yet again despite them having 5 million shots.

Does that not track?

Reactions: LOFIN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad