Series Talk: ECF: New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers *Game 1 Wednesday 5/22 @ 8pm ET*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Makes sense. Vesey may not have been the same player for months but Wheeler has not played for months.

Wheeler is the odd man out if Chytil is good to go. I'm sure he will see games regardless, and I think for his career honors you only need to play 1(?) in the finals to be immortalized in the best case scenario.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
He seems to like Wennberg. I thought he has had some weak games against Carolina though.

He would still be good on the 4th line though.
Bc he is a center who is defensively responsible and can take draws. Also has good speed. All important tbings in the postseason.

Especially if u roll with Chytil who is injury prone. Can just slide right up with no problem.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
All that said I think the Panthers do have vulnerabilities that could play into the Rangers hands if the Rangers play up to their abilities. The Panthers physical game will mean there will be penalties and making them pay will be important for us.

It's kind of funny that their main additions at the deadline were two guys we added last year when we got bounced in the first round by the Devils. They're both pretty decent adds but I don't see either being big difference makers. They weren't for us and so far they haven't been for them.
I felt that Carolina "almost" matched our speed and their tenacity was better than ours. Shesty was better, PP & PK was ours but with Florida that "might be" a wash. I think we have from top to bottom more talent, but what will be the decided advantage is our team speed. I can see us having numerous breakaways and 2 on 1's. Guess we will see.

Reactions: eco's bones

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
117597.jpgSpeaking of tickets. My lesser dream came true. (!st is winning the Cup) My dream match-up of Rangers/Panthers. Just bought a ticket to Sunday's game. I'm an oldtimer but man......those prices? I'm not broke, and not frugal. But man, I expected to pay over $500 for the ticket (actually $631) but man oh man $131.00 for parking? You guys have trains everywhere you wanna go, I remember those days, count your blessings.

What would you guys have to pay to sit approx. here?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gardner McKay

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
if he does force it possibly it knocks anderson’s skate and the puck with it. it’s hard to say how well he was holding the post
Yes, and to further elaborate......maybe the refs would call "no goal" if he indeed shoved Anderson's skate in the net with the puck? What do you and anyone else all think?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
The Hurricanes still scare me.

They have the puck literally always and you can't do anything about it. Some of their shots end up being good chances, it's just law of averages. A lot of them do, actually.

They have some obvious problems. So do we. No perfect team exists. The way their impose their style on the game is seriously impressive. In terms of how they want to play they're one of the most unmovable teams I've ever seen. Sometimes we're off. They're never off. Every game is Canes hockey.

Point is, we certainly weren't bad in that series. We handled a Hurricanes series as well as one handles it and really controlled some of the best chances in the series. NST had 5v5 xG at 52-48 in favor of the Canes and that's f***ing amazing for us considering how the Canes play.

I don't know what will happen, but if we can beat that team, we're capable of beating anybody.
Yeah buddy. You know the stats better than me (surely) better than nearly everyone. That said, I had mentioned that I feel the Canes just might be the "toughest" opponent, that we'd have top endure. If that turns out to be true, the Cup is OURS!

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Gus-Schneider has been a good pair all year.

I advocated for breaking up Miller-Trouba but it didn't really help. It just put somebody I don't trust on two pairs instead of one.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Yeah buddy. You know the stats better than me (surely) better than nearly everyone. That said, I had mentioned that I feel the Canes just might be the "toughest" opponent, that we'd have top endure. If that turns out to be true, the Cup is OURS!
I said before the playoffs when it was obvious we would play them in the 2nd round, if we can beat them we can beat anyone.

Other teams have better talent but Carolina play a style that is a royal pain in the f***ing ass to play against especially for our team which thrives on the Royal road and passing the puck into the an open net.

Sure we can lose to Florida but I would hope that our players have more room to operate out there and I’ll trade chances with any team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad